What's your perfect summer day?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2011, 12:45 AM
RE: What's your perfect summer day?
Work outside as much as possible. ( I'm a carpenter) Do a lot of walking and bicycle riding to lose weight. Was 100lbs overweight, got 70 left to go after 3 weeks.

I also do a lot of work on neighbor's cars, grill out, jam guitars with friends, and when the sun goes down, I retreat into my bat cave to melt the voice coils on my guitar amp's speakers. When the sun goes down, the skeeters come out in force.

I have to admit, I REALLY miss the Sarasota beaches, and summer parties. I'm hoping by next summer, I'll be back there, but don't presently have the funds up to move yet. It's been a bad 3 years for the construction industry. Especially up here in north Illinois, where the winter ruins half of the year. The eve of the day that the local schools got out for "summer" here, we were under a possible frost warning! Winter doesn't give up easily here. One more reason to miss Florida!

Oxymoron: "Religious teaching"
"Simple common sense goes out the window when religion comes in through the door." Me (Blasphemy Fan )
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2011, 10:34 AM
When you are with your buddies at the lake or you go far into the woods and get lost
02-11-2011, 10:37 AM

I'm actually more of a winter person, but my perfect summer day.
Hmf.
Probably would be:
Waking up to the rays of the sun, smell of freshly cut grass, & the birds chirping.
Going out to a beautiful flower field, & having a picnic with a guy/girl that I've been crushing on.
Getting ice cream, followed by some cuddling & video games at their place.
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm not a summer person. More of a late summer early fall.
But if I had to describe my perfect summer's day...
Beach. Only an hour and a half away.
Enough said.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-11-2011, 03:03 PM
(04-07-2011 03:53 PM)riseinside Wrote:  Baseball. Something about the ballpark on a hot summer day. The breeze is amazing. The crowd makes the heat bearable. And baseball...well thats my passion.

As a simple soul I like to keep it that way.
Out on the beach, tanning ( we have the highest skin cancer rate whereI Live so must be careful) observe nature in all its forms, meditate, stretch,B.I.B.O, power walk or jog. Oh yes, maybe a pint of Guiness after.Cool
02-11-2011, 03:08 PM
If you were very rich would you follow the sun? Or does the winter have its own attractions?
02-11-2011, 03:19 PM

My perfect summer day was this (late) summer, when I finally finished building my greenhouse that I had been working on since early spring. I climbed up the hill, overlooking the house, and I took a picture of this beautiful new building with, what it seemed, acres and acres of glass, on the roof and on the walls and I just stood there, watching the reflection of the sun, as it was going down over the horizon.

I had worked very hard which, at my age, is not as easy as it used to be, but I have done it and now I can look forward to fresh vegetables year around.

My wife calls it Zatamon's last roar,and she is right: I don't think I could do it again: the digging, the leveling, wheelbarrowing over a hundred loads of gravel, mixing the cement for the foundation, the handling of 14' long rafters, the bolting structural elements together, the handling of 2' x 3' glass panels, ..... I am happy it is done and I enjoyed the project immensely. Now I will just potter in my greenhouse and think of the perfect day of this summer when I took the picture of the finished work. Smile
02-11-2011, 03:35 PM
(02-11-2011 03:19 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  My perfect summer day was this (late) summer, when I finally finished building my greenhouse that I had been working on since early spring. I climbed up the hill, overlooking the house, and I took a picture of this beautiful new building with, what it seemed, acres and acres of glass, on the roof and on the walls and I just stood there, watching the reflection of the sun, as it was going down over the horizon.

I had worked very hard which, at my age, is not as easy as it used to be, but I have done it and now I can look forward to fresh vegetables year around.

My wife calls it Zatamon's last roar,and she is right: I don't think I could do it again: the digging, the leveling, wheelbarrowing over a hundred loads of gravel, mixing the cement for the foundation, the handling of 14' long rafters, the bolting structural elements together, the handling of 2' x 3' glass panels, ..... I am happy it is done and I enjoyed the project immensely. Now I will just potter in my greenhouse and think of the perfect day of this summer when I took the picture of the finished work. Smile

Hey Zatamon~~~if I might switch, liked your name genesis....very droll.
02-11-2011, 03:47 PM

(02-11-2011 03:35 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Hey Zatamon~~~if I might switch, liked your name genesis....very droll.

Hey Mr Woof -- thanks! Smile