What's your plan if civilization collapses within your lifetime?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2016, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2016 06:49 PM by carol.)
RE: What's your plan if civilization collapses within your lifetime?
(26-03-2016 06:07 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 06:02 PM)carol Wrote:  I have pure well water, we own the little house, we can heat with wood and have several years supplied already stacked and drying- and a lot more wood available to cut. All this spring we have been cutting and splitting wood... I have food- chickens, vegetables, a lot of fruit and I can yearly. I have the right equipment, guns and ammo,a big mean dog...and I am far enough away from the city so that it would be unlikely in this climate and my location- most people will not bother me...neighbors here will trade. I have a lot of extra honey, eggs, fruit and canned supplies. I can walk to where I can fish- and there are a lot of fish there. This is a pretty safe place for my family. My kids and husband are tough- raised to cut wood and take care of the work involved. I will die- (I always have several months of medicine set aside, but when that is gone, I will die- I have no thyroid at all ) But my family and grandkids will be OK I think. We did OK.The house is tiny, but it is all doable. Kids will get it free and clear. If it is zombies, even better- lots of lakes and islands, zombies do not swim...I think they will freeze solid and I will go around and hack them to pieces in winter. I would likely get goats or a cow and make cheese and butter...we have camping supplies, I can cook on the wood stove, we have the right clothing. I think I would become a wonderful zombie hunter-hahaha

My SO is in the same boat with thyroid.........

I'd imagine first thing on the agenda will be hitting the pharmacy.......................

The thyroid medicine we get from the pharmacy does not last very long sadly- it starts to weaken and should be used within six months my doc told me..it expires quickly. But it is a good idea to try to keep several months of it on hand if you can just in case...if you do have to break into the pharmacy while fighting zombies, get the Synthroid instead of generic-I think we will just have to kidnap people who can make it for us... Evil_monster hahaha- send her my best, we thyroid less women need to look after each other!

The biology of mind bridges the sciences - concerned with the natural world - and the humanities - concerned with the meaning of human experience. Eric Kandel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2016, 06:47 PM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2016 06:50 PM by jennybee.)
(26-03-2016 05:20 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 05:17 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If you have guns and plenty of ammo - you can get those.........................

What if it's a zombie apocalypse? Ohmy

Tongue You can hit them in the head with your drumsticks. Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
26-03-2016, 06:50 PM
I shoot Expert with a rifle. I have enough ammo to kill everyone in a 1/4 mile radius around me. I'll eat them before they eat me. I'm not going to worry about my cholesterol at that point. Evil_monster They will have enough canned food that I will probably die from sodium overload. After that I'll just eat the feral rats and dogs.
[+] 4 users Like Fireball's post
26-03-2016, 07:06 PM
I'll teleport to the Andromeda Galaxy back to my home world.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 6 users Like Heatheness's post
26-03-2016, 07:15 PM
My three brothers and i built a house in rural Tennessee for our mother 28 years ago and that is where most of my family now lives. It has since grown in two directions and encompasses 3 apartments. I have a bedroom there to which I expect to go if I should become too feeble to care for myself, and assume that I would probably do the same if my Social Security check is no longer coming on a regular basis which I see as the most likely scenario of the world falling apart. But I am already 70 years old. I will leave it to others to rebuild.
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
26-03-2016, 07:29 PM
(26-03-2016 05:20 PM)Banjo Wrote:  What if it's a zombie apocalypse? Ohmy

I expect I would taste good.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
26-03-2016, 07:30 PM
(26-03-2016 06:50 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I shoot Expert with a rifle. I have enough ammo to kill everyone in a 1/4 mile radius around me. I'll eat them before they eat me. I'm not going to worry about my cholesterol at that point. Evil_monster They will have enough canned food that I will probably die from sodium overload. After that I'll just eat the feral rats and dogs.

It's kind of disturbing that you don't start with the rats and feral dogs... Blink

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
26-03-2016, 07:49 PM
(26-03-2016 06:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Blink I don't even have a plan for tomorrow.

Join the club LOL. I have a personal adage: Don't do today what you can put off until tomorrow. Works for me.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
26-03-2016, 07:53 PM
(26-03-2016 07:30 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 06:50 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I shoot Expert with a rifle. I have enough ammo to kill everyone in a 1/4 mile radius around me. I'll eat them before they eat me. I'm not going to worry about my cholesterol at that point. Evil_monster They will have enough canned food that I will probably die from sodium overload. After that I'll just eat the feral rats and dogs.

It's kind of disturbing that you don't start with the rats and feral dogs... Blink

They are the food of last resort. What I don't eat off the people, they will clean up. That will keep the fly population down. Then... Drooling

And besides which, I know all the two-legged rats in the neighborhood already. They will be first, first. Yes
26-03-2016, 07:56 PM
(26-03-2016 06:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Blink I don't even have a plan for tomorrow.

You would be food. Good thing you live on the other side of the continent. Hobo