What's your price?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2013, 10:21 AM
RE: What's your price?
As to the thread title...what are you offering?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2013, 01:17 PM
$85,000 in grant form.

I'm 26, too old for many scholarships. I'm white, I don't qualify for minority scholarships. I do qualify for scholarships through the society of women engineers, but the process and rules are somewhat cumbersome. I don't qualify for "returning student" aid since I came back to school one semester too soon.

$85k would cover the entirety of my costs remaining, pay off my student loans, and have a small amount left over for living expenses. For that investment in my future I would swallow my pride and pay lip service to Rome.
[+] 2 users Like natachan's post
28-11-2013, 01:22 PM
(28-11-2013 03:11 AM)DLJ Wrote:  a) keep the peace in your family

Everybody's family is a little different, so every price will be a bit different. I'm not sure what the actual worth is, but I play it like the stock market and hedge my bets for now.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
28-11-2013, 10:05 PM
(28-11-2013 03:11 AM)DLJ Wrote:  This is not so much addressed at the financially independent adults here but more for the teens...

(28-11-2013 02:48 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  ...
Wanna hear a little story?
When my mother was 15, it was time for her to be confirmed.
Every one else in the family did it the christian way, but my mother refused, because she didn't believe a speck of it.
My grandmother reacted strongly to this, to the degree that she threatened to break my mothers christmas present, a pair of new skis...
My mother was left without a choice and got confirmed the christian way,
Consider
Well, skis aren't cheap.

So... not for actually converting but for just pretending...

At the cost of a lie that will:
a) keep the peace in your family
b) not send you to hell, obviously...

What's your price?

Confused

I am not a teenager, but I am a single mother with 3 children all too young to go to school. When I first got divorced I tried working for 5 months. I made about $5800 and spent over $6000 in child care. So now until I graduate from college I am surviving on child support only. So I depend on my Christian aunts, uncles, and grandparents a lot when it comes to financially supporting my kids. That's my price to pretend. I don't feel bad about it. I don't have to pretend that often so that is good.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
28-11-2013, 10:30 PM
This reminds me of a story.

Man: Will you sleep with me for $1,000?
Woman: *thinks for a little bit and says* Yes...I'll sleep with you for $1,000.
Man: Will you sleep with me for $20?
Woman: $20? What do you think I am?!
Man: We've already determined that. Now we're just haggling price.

As for me, I sort of played Christian today in exchange for a turkey dinner. Blush

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post