What's your prophesy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2016, 09:32 AM
What's your prophesy?
Within the next 100 years, which 5 changes do you think will affect humans the most?

Mine:

1. Atheism will be prevalent in the US within 20 years (one generation) and then spread to other parts of the world. At the end of 100 years the world will be predominantly atheist.

2. Animal welfare will take hold and conditions for food animals and pets will be improved a whole lot.

3. Medicine as we know it will be completely replaced by newly discovered methods to keep us happy and healthy.

4. Much will be discovered about the brain and human nature. It will be possible to cure violently deviant people and the "punishment" mentality will disappear.

5. World population growth will slow considerably.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
25-06-2016, 09:38 AM
RE: What's your prophesy?
1: Automation will grow more, increasing poverty levels.

2: Islam will tie with cathology as the most dominant belief systems.

3: There will be no middle class, just rich and poor people.

4: Antibiotics will cease to work.

5: Radiation will be found everywhere, in everything.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 4 users Like bemore's post
25-06-2016, 09:39 AM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2016 09:44 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
I think VR will make education a whole lot easier. Imagine, for instance, a program that could teach you mathematics, and explain how an equation works.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
25-06-2016, 09:47 AM
i think atheism is actually more prevalent outside the US.
[+] 3 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
25-06-2016, 09:53 AM
*I am still waiting for the Jetson car and those food pills since I am not really all that interested in eating, until I have to.

I think we will have huge advancements in medical care and better understanding of mental health issues and the treatment or eradication of them.

I think the world will become more homogenous as races, cultures, and beliefs continue to blend.

I think alternate energy sources will be more prevalent due to necessity...those holding progress back will run out of options.

I think that craftsmanship will continue to wane as fewer people are willing to take the time to build things on their own and would rather just go with things that are mass produced...shame really, there are a lot of things that are already almost gone...how many people hand make quilts any more? With all the fancy new machines things like that will be nearly if not non-existent.

I think we will get to a point where we simply don't have to ever leave our homes...we are well on our way now with shopping, working, entertainment, and social interaction being electronic already.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-06-2016, 10:00 AM
1.We will gain a considerable amount of control over our DNA, there will be a host of incurable diseases that will be cured, life spans will be extended considerably.

2. We will begin on the path to control our evolution.

3. We will finally see progress on establishing colonies on other planets, this could eventually be a driver to modify human genetics to adapt to these planetary environments.

4. Custom manufacturing through 3d printing and other methods will drive down the costs of manufacturing, which will further drive innovation and technological breakthroughs.

5. We may reach the point in 100 years where it will become realistic to engineer the planet's climate. Possibly the beginnings of a transition to a type 1 civilization.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
25-06-2016, 10:06 AM
I'll name three for now.

1. The commercial viability of advanced multi-purpose robots for domestic households.

2. The creation of our first true AI.

3. The founding of a world government.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
25-06-2016, 10:14 AM
1. As the EU disintegrates, member states will form first trade then military alliances with Russia. The latter in fear of increasing US imperialism.

2. Many people will die while waiting for the next George R R Martin epic.

3. The rest will be wiped out by a space virus that is released when a meteorite shatters on impact with the Kaaba in Mecca.

4. Feeding on the flesh of the dead, rats and cockroaches will thrive and then fight for supremacy of the planet.

5. The End.

Big Grin

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
25-06-2016, 10:48 AM
At work.

Mines actually an oldy, but a classic.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?=TKcUUnWT8Do

Big Grin
25-06-2016, 11:12 AM
Medicine will evolve to fight disease with nanobots and stem cells before we are even sick. This will also include mental health issues.

Religion for the masses will die out. Some personal beliefs will still be around but only as a comfort ritual.

Class order will diminish as education goes totally electronic with personal tutors instead of classroom teachers which will allow everyone to get any and all the education they desire.

Fine arts, craftsmanship's, artisans and such will have a revival of interest and affluence. Specialty skills will be valued again.

Climate sculpting and wide spread education will drive world population to drop and we will finally learn to clean up our nest just as we move out into space.

And these things will come to pass because women will finally rule the world. Tongue

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 3 users Like Heatheness's post