What's your prophesy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2016, 11:15 AM
RE: What's your prophesy?

1. Driverless vehicles will be commonplace. (We're just starting to get there.)
  2. Animals will no longer be kept in zoo's.
  3. Churches in the U.S. will no longer be tax-exempt.
  4. Muffs will become a multi-billionaire businessman.
  5. Anj will get her home repairs finished.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
25-06-2016, 11:23 AM
(25-06-2016 11:15 AM)pablo Wrote:  
  1. Driverless vehicles will be commonplace. (We're just starting to get there.)
  2. Animals will no longer be kept in zoo's.
  3. Churches in the U.S. will no longer be tax-exempt.
  4. Muffs will become a multi-billionaire businessman.
  5. Anj will get her home repairs finished.

In only a hundred years.... at the rate they're going, Anj better hurry those repair guys up. Laugh out load

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
25-06-2016, 11:26 AM
The Singularity.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-06-2016, 11:40 AM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2016 12:24 PM by Full Circle.)
I like how most of you (DLJ is a glaring exception) are hopeful and optimistic.

I’m afraid I must join that dastardly deviant in my distopian prophesies.

1: Human overpopulation will continue to degrade the planet and competition for food and water will create countless wars, strife, poverty, hunger and disease.

1a: Mass migrations of people.
1b: Canada will build a wall between themselves and the US.

2: Technology and ingenuity will be unrecognizable to us now in 100 years but will not be able to stem the tide of #1 above for another 500 years after that, assuming we haven’t taken the nuclear option.

3: Texit and Ca-leave-fornia will happen and secede from the US. (OK, the second is far-fetched but not the first).

4: The arms race between antibiotics and viruses will be won by the biologics. Small human populations will emerge resistant to the latest virus, these will be hunted down and harvested by scientists in developed countries and mobs everywhere else.

5: The private security sector will become the largest employer in the world.

6: We will finally abandon fossil fuels in developed countries. Undeveloped countries will lay waste to their forests in an effort to grow crops, cook and build. (See Haiti and Indonesia for a glimpse of the future).

7: On a positive note animal species that somehow survive the human infestation will live happily ever after until the next meteor hits.

Damn that’s depressing. I should have eaten lunch first, I get cranky when I’m hungry.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
25-06-2016, 11:41 AM
(25-06-2016 11:40 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I like how most of you (DLJ is a glaring exception) are hopeful and optimistic.

1: Human overpopulation will continue to degrade the planet and competition for food and water will create countless wars, strife, poverty, hunger and disease.

1b: Canada will build a wall between them and the US.

2: Technology and ingenuity will be unrecognizable to us now in 100 years but will not be able to stem the tide of #1 above for another 500 years after that, assuming we haven’t taken the nuclear option.

3: Texit and Ca-leave-fornia will happen and secede from the US. (OK, the second is far-fetched but not the first).

4: The arms race between antibiotics and viruses will be won by the biologics. Small human populations will emerge resistant to the latest virus, these will be hunted down and harvested by scientists in developed countries and mobs everywhere else.

6: We will finally abandon fossil fuels in developed countries. Undeveloped countries will lay waste to their forests in an effort to grow crops, cook and build. (See Haiti and Indonesia for a glimpse of the future).

7: On a positive note animal species that somehow survive the human infestation will live happily ever after until the next meteor hits.

Damn that’s depressing. I should have eaten lunch first, I get cranky when I’m hungry.

Sure, there's a lot of bad stuff that'll happen. There's also a lot of good stuff. It's a mix.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
25-06-2016, 12:25 PM
1. The abortion/gun/religion in government/global warming/LGBT rights issues will still be fought over.

2. All participants (both sides) in the above debates will continue to be assholes..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
25-06-2016, 12:26 PM
(25-06-2016 11:41 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(25-06-2016 11:40 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I like how most of you (DLJ is a glaring exception) are hopeful and optimistic.

1b: Canada will build a wall between them and the US.

Sure, there's a lot of bad stuff that'll happen. There's also a lot of good stuff. It's a mix.

You’re right of course. Texas seceding balances all the others out. Angel

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
25-06-2016, 12:56 PM
(25-06-2016 12:25 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  1. The abortion/gun/religion in government/global warming/LGBT rights issues will still be fought over.

2. All participants (both sides) in the above debates will continue to be assholes..

How are LGBT rights people being assholes?

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
25-06-2016, 01:04 PM
1) We will die.

2) Our thoughts and opinions will most likely be forgotten, even by our own descendants.p

3) At best, we will be nothing more than a faded photo in a smelly album in a crumpled cardboard box that's been stashed in a random descendant's attic who cannot remember your name.

4) Grass will grow.

5) Nobody will ever shut up.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 4 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
25-06-2016, 01:04 PM
i predict this thread will have ridiculous prophecies.