What's your wheels?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
07-08-2015, 07:25 AM
RE: What's your wheels?
(07-08-2015 07:22 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 07:14 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  I preffer not to die too soon. Not to mention taking others with me.

Obviously your poor eyesight hasn't affected your brain's workings.....

I'm convinced that's not the case with some of the drivers I see on a daily basis.....

Dumbasses who can't see shit.....

Not everyone is responsible or have imagination. In Poland though bigger problem would be drunk drivers I think.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2015, 08:30 AM
2001 and 2006 ford escape (wifes, the older she uses for hauling stuff, and doing chores, the newer one is her primary ride) both paid for a long time ago.

2011 silver Honda Accord coupe EXL-V6 (mine, 4 more payments and its mine!) This car is perfect for me, quick (0-60 in 5.5 secs stock...quick enough), reliable (95,000 miles, replaced tires once and battery once...that is it) 32mpg on 87 octane gas, fully loaded, and looks nice.

ooooops just realized I had already answered this thread long ago on like page 2. Angry

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
07-08-2015, 09:28 AM
1995 Ford Ranger XLT. 5-speed standard transmission, 4-cyl engine, good on gas, underpowered as hell. I'll be replacing it in a year or two, probably with a Toyota Prerunner.

[Image: 296lwrt.jpg]
07-08-2015, 09:56 AM
I recently retired my Honda Accord

[Image: 1502511_10202777787228552_1883272577_n_zpsz2t3azyo.jpg]

I bought it used with a little less that 30,000 miles on it. I'd say I got my money's worth. Thumbsup

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
07-08-2015, 01:40 PM
(07-08-2015 09:56 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I recently retired my Honda Accord

I bought it used with a little less that 30,000 miles on it. I'd say I got my money's worth. Thumbsup

My dad taught me as a young'n -- you have to figure out what your car costs per mile -- you figure in the gas, oil and tires -- the initial cost, and what you sell it for....

It's always amusing to see what you come up with in the end....

The car the SO is driving will be fun -- she's getting 34 mpg, we paid $700 bucks for it -- and so far she's put 50,000 miles on it with just oil changes and a 15 dollar ignition lock.............. It's probably gonna be under 10 cents a mile....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
07-08-2015, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2015 02:09 PM by yakherder.)
My Rav 4 doesn't match me at all. Nothing wrong with it, runs great, but that's the problem. I keep hoping it will develop some problems so I'll have an excuse to get something more... off road. But the damn thing just keeps on running, good as new, 160k miles on it.

The window decals on the other hand... 2nd amendment, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ, army, recon, zombies, that kind of thing. Probably a bit out of place in Canada, but they definitely match me.

'Murican Canadian
07-08-2015, 02:09 PM
(07-08-2015 01:40 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 09:56 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I recently retired my Honda Accord

My dad taught me as a young'n -- you have to figure out what your car costs per mile -- you figure in the gas, oil and tires -- the initial cost, and what you sell it for....

It's always amusing to see what you come up with in the end....

The car the SO is driving will be fun -- she's getting 34 mpg, we paid $700 bucks for it -- and so far she's put 50,000 miles on it with just oil changes and a 15 dollar ignition lock.............. It's probably gonna be under 10 cents a mile....

That's a good point. It only needed gas, tires and basic maintenance right up to the end, and I had about 9 years with no car payment. I may set aside some time this to estimate the cost per mile.

I was going for 300,000 miles, but it broke down and went into the shop two weekends in a row, so I knew the writing was on the wall.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
07-08-2015, 04:45 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2015 04:50 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
2013 navy blue Harley Davidson 110ci CVO Anniversary Road King (#792/900), named Annie.

1996 "Honda Pure Pearl Red" CBR900RR (being restored), named Rose.

1972 black/silver BSA 750cc Rocket-3 custom Café Racer (still in pieces), named Amilee (ah-MAY-lee).

2004 navy blue Chrysler Sebring V6 Convertible (with "sandalwood" top)...no names for cages, in my world.

(Edited to add names... seemed appropriate.)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
07-08-2015, 04:52 PM
(07-08-2015 02:05 PM)yakherder Wrote:  My Rav 4 doesn't match me at all. Nothing wrong with it, runs great, but that's the problem. I keep hoping it will develop some problems so I'll have an excuse to get something more... off road. But the damn thing just keeps on running, good as new, 160k miles on it.

The window decals on the other hand... 2nd amendment, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ, army, recon, zombies, that kind of thing. Probably a bit out of place in Canada, but they definitely match me.

Nothing wrong with that vehicle. And "Molon Labe" should be on everyone's bumper, IMHO.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
07-08-2015, 04:56 PM
I have a Hyundai Elantra. It gets me from place to place with relatively minimal maintenance but does not handle well in the snow, somewhat of a problem since I live in Massachusetts.

By far the most expensive and pampered wheels in the house are the ones on my Schimmel upright. Would love a Schimmel grand, but that would be about two years of college tuition and my son is a high school senior this year. It'll be about five years, minimum, before I can even think about upgrading the piano or my car.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post