What's your wheels?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
08-08-2015, 09:04 AM
RE: What's your wheels?
(08-08-2015 09:00 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I wouldn't paint it rattlecan green, though!

lol like this then...

[Image: jeep-cj5-01.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2015, 09:08 AM
Tires and wheels, yes, yellow, perhaps, flames, nothankeema'am.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
08-08-2015, 09:40 AM
(08-08-2015 05:35 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Have you seen the new "Rocket III"??? It's a Triumph, not a BSA.....

Overkill, was obviously the project goal.... 2300 ccs....

The biggest production motorcycle engine ever... (Don't say "Boss Hoss" -- those are automotive engines..)

edit to add...

Do the points static - instead of dynamic. It only takes 5 minutes, and it's just as accurate.

On the points: nah, electronic ignition kits have existed for years for even the oldest Triumph/BSA (they're essentially the same company, though BSA went out of business in '72), and it's just pointless (heh) to mess with mechanical systems unless you're a Purist, which I'm not.

Yeah, I know the new Rocket-III... that thing is ridiculous! It's a cruiser, though; that engine is just too large to be anything else. I did see one guy who made a pretty tough Café Racer out of one, though, in my magazine of the same name... lemme see if I can find it online...

[Image: Triumph-Rocket-III-cafe-racer-03.jpg]

This is much closer to what I had in mind:

[Image: Cafe-Racer.jpg]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
27-08-2015, 08:47 AM
Holy God damn Jesus H Christ!
This thing is fucking stunning. Best looking motorbike. Ever. Period.

[Image: 6_-Gamble-Gas-Racer-custom-Harley-Davids...tster.jpeg]

Gamble Gas Racer. Custom Harley.
I'm not normally a Harley fan, I much prefer my sportsbikes to my cruisers but that... *groan*

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[Image: f6f.gif]

[Image: oscar.png]
27-08-2015, 09:27 AM
Just because I don't think I've posted this in this thread.

Karen and I riding the dragon's tail on my 2014 Heritage Softail Classic. Goodies include Progressive Suspension heavy duty adjustable rear shocks and front monotubes, an Arlen Ness Big Sucker II breather, Vance & Hines Long Shot exhaust with quite (right...) baffles, valve job, Andrews 57h cam with a gear drive kit, Fueling cam plate, oil pump and lifters, FP-3 tuner, and skulls. Lots of skulls. The dyno tune says torque is 100 plus from about 3200 rpm all the up over 6000.

[Image: Dragon%205-24-2015_zps6276s2db.jpg]

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
27-08-2015, 09:41 AM
I have two cars:

A 2010 Mazda 3.
and a 2009 Chevy Suburban.

My wife drives a 2004 Spyder though. My cars are because we had kids. She got to keep her cool car because she makes more money than I do : (
[+] 1 user Likes Ash's post
27-08-2015, 11:01 AM
Muffs - had several Harleys - didn't much care for 'em. (it's all there was that was easy to get parts for).

I preferred the limeys -- like this one I brought back from California, when I was a "bit" younger (and the bike was a bit newer).

[Image: DSC00030%20-%20Copy_zpsoeohh08a.jpg]

Bone stock 74 850 Norton Commando (the fastest one ever). One of the first "superbikes". Bought it from the original owner with only 3000 miles on it -- for $500. Put 60,000 miles on it. Stupidly sold it after I broke my right leg the first time.... No electric start. Thought I wouldn't be able to kick it.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
27-08-2015, 02:12 PM
Rides? More tractors than you can imagine. Most of them equipped with amazing stereo to block out the loudness of the engines, and that means:

I seriously almost broke one of them using the clutch and throttle as "bass pedals" to this one.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
27-08-2015, 11:50 PM
Love the Norton Commandos. And the Norton "featherbed" frame is still the standard in performance double-cradle frames (the kind useful for swapping new engines into for wild customizations). Most famous example is the Triton endurance racer/café "racer", a Triumph engine in the Norton frame.

Heard the 850 wasn't worth the trade of extra vibration vs the extra displacement over the 750, though. Both versions are lovely to me. The owner of Café Racer Magazine owns a yellow Commando MkIII which is gorgeous.

That's also why the general concept for what I had in mind for my BSA Rocket-3 custom build is the red-framed Norton-looking custom (in the image beneath the modern Triumph Rocket III 2300 café racer custom).

The Brits and Italians make the most appealing bikes, in my opinion. Nothing against HD, but even though I enjoy them for touring purposes and some custom builds like that nice Sporster, above, there's nothing quite like a the Brit or Italian designs.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
28-08-2015, 06:35 AM
(27-08-2015 11:50 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Love the Norton Commandos. And the Norton "featherbed" frame is still the standard in performance double-cradle frames (the kind useful for swapping new engines into for wild customizations). Most famous example is the Triton endurance racer/café "racer", a Triumph engine in the Norton frame.

Heard the 850 wasn't worth the trade of extra vibration vs the extra displacement over the 750, though. Both versions are lovely to me. The owner of Café Racer Magazine owns a yellow Commando MkIII which is gorgeous.

That's also why the general concept for what I had in mind for my BSA Rocket-3 custom build is the red-framed Norton-looking custom (in the image beneath the modern Triumph Rocket III 2300 café racer custom).

The Brits and Italians make the most appealing bikes, in my opinion. Nothing against HD, but even though I enjoy them for touring purposes and some custom builds like that nice Sporster, above, there's nothing quite like a the Brit or Italian designs.

Vibration???

There wasn't any to speak of. The 850 Commando was the first bike I ever owned that had rear view mirrors that had an actual purpose....You could actually see shit in them - rather than blurred images from vibration.

They had the "Isolastic suspension" system -- which was a first for Brit bikes -- it had rubber mounts between the engine/transmission/swingarm - and the frame of the bike. So it really was quite smooth.

At one point I had a "Interstate" tank on it - a monster 6.6 (US) gallon tank - and I could out-ride most anyone on the road for non-stop distance. You could actually do it without getting badly fatigued...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post