What's your wheels?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-10-2015, 10:06 PM
RE: What's your wheels?
we have a pair of MK IV diesel beetles for daily driving.
2007 3500 SRW 4x4 6 speed shortbed Dodge w/Cummins
2005 Honda Pilot, for sale
1996 2500 Dodge w/Cummins, for sale
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2015, 02:28 AM
(27-02-2015 07:50 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Much like how we've have electric motors for fucking ages but they just haven't been developed and so they suck now compared to combustion engines.

Electric motors are way better than internal combustion engines. The reason you do not see electric motors in many cars is the power source. Electric motors depend on batteries and internal combustion engines depend on gasoline. Gasoline has way way way more energy density than a battery. If someone came out with a relatively cheap battery that had the same energy density as gasoline, in 15 years almost all cars on the road would be electric.
10-10-2015, 08:15 AM
2014 Kia Sorento
2009 Ford Focus

I have been really impressed with the Sorento and will probably replace the Focus with an Optima

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-10-2015, 08:50 AM
(10-10-2015 02:28 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(27-02-2015 07:50 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Much like how we've have electric motors for fucking ages but they just haven't been developed and so they suck now compared to combustion engines.

Electric motors are way better than internal combustion engines. The reason you do not see electric motors in many cars is the power source. Electric motors depend on batteries and internal combustion engines depend on gasoline. Gasoline has way way way more energy density than a battery. If someone came out with a relatively cheap battery that had the same energy density as gasoline, in 15 years almost all cars on the road would be electric.

Yeah... sure.....

And where exactly are you going to get all this cheap, abundant electricity????

What do you think -- "I'll plug it in at home"????

Do you think houses generate electricity?????

You think you're gonna charge it with a 3 foot solar cell?????

Fucking people are so ignorant of basic facts.

The power grid is now at BEST running at 60 percent capacity. No new coal, or nuclear plants are being built, or scheduled to be built.

And you want to add every car's energy need to the grid demand too????

Fucking astounding....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
10-10-2015, 09:02 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2015 03:07 PM by yakherder.)
Yes

At this point, most electric cars are, in fact, coal powered by default, since that is where most power still comes from. They are dirtier and less efficient than your typical gas guzzler. In other words you're not driving a more environmentally friendly car, you're just relocating the carbon emissions to make you feel better among those ignorant enough to not understand how it works. And in the process you also create a dependence on lithium, yet another scarce resource.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
10-10-2015, 09:09 AM
I drive this. Big Grin

[Image: 2014-08-02%2016.49.56_zps4pzpggwc.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
10-10-2015, 09:19 AM
(10-10-2015 09:02 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Yes

At this point, most electric cars are, in fact, coal powered by default, since that is where most power still comes from. They are dirtier and less efficient than your typical gas guzzler. In other words you're not driving a more environmentally car, you're just relocating the carbon emissions to make you feel better among those ignorant enough to not understand how it works. And in the process you also create a dependence on lithium, yet another scarce resource.

Don't forget that the process of producing these vehicles creates more carbon pollution than it could ever offset

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-03-2016, 06:18 AM
The SO and I have picked up a couple more cars.....

We got a 1997 Saturn SL2 -- with only 61,000 miles on it - and zero rust.

[Image: 3980040002_large.jpg]

And the latest --

A 2002 Saturn SC2 three door (a rear seat door, behind the driver's door) --- with 150,000 miles and no rust. Now if I can just get the SO out of it, I'll get to drive it.....

[Image: st2002sc2coupe01.jpg]

This makes for Saturn #7 we've owned (still own 5).

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
16-03-2016, 08:16 AM
(16-03-2016 06:18 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The SO and I have picked up a couple more cars.....

We got a 1997 Saturn SL2 -- with only 61,000 miles on it - and zero rust.

[Image: 3980040002_large.jpg]

And the latest --

A 2002 Saturn SC2 three door (a rear seat door, behind the driver's door) --- with 150,000 miles and no rust. Now if I can just get the SO out of it, I'll get to drive it.....

[Image: st2002sc2coupe01.jpg]

This makes for Saturn #7 we've owned (still own 5).

Those things are the worst to have coming up beside you at night... The headlights are so close together that it looks like any other car does much farther back... Except it's not far back.. It's already beside you. Do you find you get cut off more than with other vehicles?
16-03-2016, 08:33 AM
Here in the Dominican Republic I drive an 8 passenger van built originally to be used as a taxi, therefore I do just that. I am not a licensed taxista, but do airport pick ups etc to add to my Social Security. The old bus needs mechanical work about once a week on something or other. But is better than nothing. The last 1st world car I had was a 2012 Kia Soul. Loved that car.