What's your wheels?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-06-2016, 09:35 AM
RE: What's your wheels?
(09-02-2015 07:00 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'm sure some will call it stereotyping - but like the clothes you wear - the car you drive does say something about your personality.

So - what do you drive?

I've got 3 vehicles - sort of. (not counting mountain bike)

Motorcycle - 1998 Triumph
1983 A.M. General DJ-5 (a right hand driving mail jeep)
1994-96 Saturn SC2 (We've got 5 of them - what can I say? We like 'em)

My choice of vehicle tends to say "Non conventional".

2000 Dodge Dakota, quad cab.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2016, 10:39 AM
(09-06-2016 09:12 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  A couple month ago I bought a Volvo wagon. I loooooooooooove this car. It's the first car I've ever fallen in love with. HeartHeartHeart
Every other car I've owned was just a means of transportation. The seats in this car are the most comfortable I've ever sat in. They're heated but also provide incredible support to the lower back. It's a nifty car.
I had a mid 70's Mercedes Benz 300D that I felt the same way about.... It didn't have heated seats -- but it was the best 2wd vehicle I've ever driven in snow.....

At the time I was long haired and heavily bearded -- so I drew looks in this car - as it was in beautiful condition..... In the mid 90's my insurance company insured it for $10,000 for replacement value - simply because of it's pristine condition...

It paid off too (sadly) when it got caught in a major hailstorm....Beat the piss outta the poor thing..

Sad

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-06-2016, 10:50 AM
The best thing that happened due to the hail is my new car. I had no option but to let the insurance company total my HHR. I now have a 2016 Buick Encore. I had forgotten what it's like to listen to music in the car and be able to hear it instead of the drone of road noise. It's silver, it's comfy, and has lots of new technology. My HHR had no frills. And my new car gets good gas mileage. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-06-2016, 10:53 AM
(09-06-2016 10:50 AM)Anjele Wrote:  The best thing that happened due to the hail is my new car. I had no option but to let the insurance company total my HHR. I now have a 2016 Buick Encore. I had forgotten what it's like to listen to music in the car and be able to hear it instead of the drone of road noise. It's silver, it's comfy, and has lots of new technology. My HHR had no frills. And my new car gets good gas mileage. Smile

Quantify...

Big Grin

Our Saturns get an average 34 mpg in daily driving -- I've gotten 42 on the freeway...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-06-2016, 10:55 AM
(09-06-2016 10:50 AM)Anjele Wrote:  The best thing that happened due to the hail is my new car. I had no option but to let the insurance company total my HHR. I now have a 2016 Buick Encore. I had forgotten what it's like to listen to music in the car and be able to hear it instead of the drone of road noise. It's silver, it's comfy, and has lots of new technology. My HHR had no frills. And my new car gets good gas mileage. Smile
I'm happy for you because frankly, I don't like the HHR nor does it like me. I sit really tall in the saddle, and I can't see out of an HHR any direction without slumping down.
congrats on the new wheels!
09-06-2016, 12:36 PM
(09-06-2016 10:53 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  

Quantify...

Big Grin

Our Saturns get an average 34 mpg in daily driving -- I've gotten 42 on the freeway...

Right now I am getting 26.2 mpg. I only drive in stop and go traffic and average speed is only about 19 mph. I am right at a thousand miles on it but have never had it on a highway or anywhere near highway speeds.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
09-06-2016, 12:55 PM
I am a bit of a car nut so here is the rundown...
1968 Ford Torino GT (restoration project)
1984 Mustang SVO
1985 Mustang SVO
1983 Ford Thunderbird (Drag Car)
2000 F-250
2008 Ford Fusion (Daily Driver)
[+] 2 users Like ohio_drg's post
09-06-2016, 01:30 PM
My Volvo has this nifty thing gear shifting thingy even though it's an automatic. .

I've used it around the city a few times to check it out and it actually helps on the gas mileage.

My car is a Volvo wagon, not like the car in the video but the geartronic thingy is the same.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
09-06-2016, 02:36 PM
(09-06-2016 12:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 10:53 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Quantify...

Big Grin

Right now I am getting 26.2 mpg. I only drive in stop and go traffic and average speed is only about 19 mph. I am right at a thousand miles on it but have never had it on a highway or anywhere near highway speeds.

26 isn't horrible.... That's about what my Chrysler LeBaron (convertible) gets..... It's certainly better than the damned DJ-5 which only gets about 13 ---- glad I only drive it about 100 miles a year..... It's up for sale, too....

08-08-2016, 10:31 AM
Say goodbye to the antichrist -----

My 1983 AM General DJ-5 mail truck -- named "the antichrist" after a Range Rover that was in the movie "The God's Must be Crazy" for having the same look....

[img][Image: 100_0656_zpsd9kj0yvr.jpg][/img]

And -- for the same money that I sold the antichrist -($900)- I picked this up --

A 1994 Chevy S-10 -- in 4WD (the antichrist was 2WD) -- it's got a noisy alternator - and the windshield wiper motor is dead --- so I'll have to put in a few bucks....

[img][Image: 102_1017_zpsthyuulkd.jpg][/img]

It's got a bit of rust under the doors -- but the rest of the body is pretty solid - and the frame looks good..... I drove it home -- it drives decently -- it's certainly quieter than the antichrist..... And -- the 4WD does work....

Considering I'll only use if for hauling maple sap for syrup season-- and put on MAYBE 200 miles a year -- it ought to last at least 5 years or so......

I can live with that...

Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post