What's your wheels?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
12-08-2016, 05:39 AM
RE: What's your wheels?
I've had a buncha Limey bikes over the years... Started on a BSA Royal Star (500cc twin)...

Here's a 73 750 Bonneville I restored --- circa 1987 ---

[img][Image: desk%20drawer%20009_zpswowpbctv.jpg][/img]

The one of the first new Triumphs in the USA - my 95 Thunderbird.... With a Playboy Playmate on back.......

[img][Image: bike%20and%20babe%20001_zpshnuzlpzs.jpg][/img]

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
12-08-2016, 08:42 AM
2015 Dodge Charger R/T... I call it TK-421

[Image: 4693D528-AE00-4D2E-8F9F-5DCB93E4B95B_zpszkbqoz69.jpg]

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
12-08-2016, 09:11 AM
(12-08-2016 08:42 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  2015 Dodge Charger R/T... I call it TK-421

[Image: 4693D528-AE00-4D2E-8F9F-5DCB93E4B95B_zpszkbqoz69.jpg]

Oh, and as for what my wheels say about me...

Well, I absolutely love this car because it hauls kids, hauls groceries and hauls ass. On the downside, there are other vehicles that do those things better. That's pretty much me. I have a million hobbies that I dabble in and have developed quite a repertoire of basic skills and minor talents, though none of them mastered. I guess I am a Jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none type of guy.

Also, when I first saw it I thought it looked just like a storm trooper and as I am a Star Wars nerd I instantly fell in love with it. I love the sexy wheels because I'm a little vain and probably also compensating for my insecurities. I love the Beats Audio because I love music and spend a lot of time behind the windshield. I love the dark leather seats because I have kids and they spill things. (Side note: for the record, the first thing spilled in my car was a cup of coffee spilled by me.)

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes TurkeyBurner's post
12-08-2016, 10:52 AM
Quote:Also, when I first saw it I thought it looked just like a storm trooper and as I am a Star Wars nerd I instantly fell in love with it. I love the sexy wheels because I'm a little vain and probably also compensating for my insecurities. I love the Beats Audio because I love music and spend a lot of time behind the windshield. I love the dark leather seats because I have kids and they spill things. (Side note: for the record, the first thing spilled in my car was a cup of coffee spilled by me.)

Hi Turk
As a custom car builder, I'm not a big Dodge fan, but to each his own- every make has it's pros and cons. I've often wished that the designers at Dodge would go work for Ford- they make some pretty cars!

But your Stormtrooper comment made me blow coffee out my nose. (Not on your seats though, luckily) It DOES look like a stormtrooper!

That is cool. Very cool. Worship Slaves
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
12-08-2016, 11:11 AM
That's awesome, OLB. Gotta love Miss July or whoever she is. Whew. Smokin

I've been thinking about picking up a Triumph or two, maybe a Norton. I just restored an old "Bull Taco" Pursang for a customer, and it got me nostalgic. I sold all of my bikes except a couple of dirt bikes (Honda XR250 and a KTM 360 two stroke) and my 'Busa, I'm feeling the need for some rolling iron. A guy gave me a running 97 Sportster, which I promptly traded for a Les Paul Custom, lol. Hard to ride, but I can make it sound better. Thumbsup

Too many projects, the shop is full of customer cars, and I have a 260Z of my own getting a Ford Coyote motor and 6 speed manual, with a s/c...and a gas powered golf kart I'm going berserker on.

Not enough hours in the day. This forum is ruining me, too, lol.

Love the old pics, brother...takes me back.
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
12-08-2016, 11:21 AM
Currently trying to talk an old family friend out of a 1987 Buick Grand National.

He wants to sell but isn't quite ready yet.
12-08-2016, 11:34 AM
(12-08-2016 11:21 AM)ohio_drg Wrote:  Currently trying to talk an old family friend out of a 1987 Buick Grand National.

I guy I used to work with that lives just east of Hamilton Michigan has one....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-08-2016, 11:38 AM
(12-08-2016 02:31 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  Well, I've been building and racing cars, bikes, airplanes and boats all of my life. After retiring from the airline, I opened up a hotrod shop. We build just about anything, cars, bikes, buggies. The only rule is that it must be a performance machine, and it must be built to drive- we do build straight-up show cars, but they are all drivable if you chose.
I've had at least one of everything in my life, I think. I prefer to build my own so I can customize them to suit, but I'm not a backyard tinkerer, I own a fully equipped welding/fabrication/paint and body/ engine/ driveline/automotive electronics/interior shop. We do everything in-house.

I've long been into bikes, not a Harley fan but have a soft spot for old Norton's and Triumphs. I like to buy and highly modify GSXR's and 'Busa's.

I love Fords, I couldn't even tell you how many Mustangs I've owned and built. I've had two Panterras and two Ford GT's. My first car was a midnight metallic blue 68 Camaro, I sold it long ago but built a copy of it years ago and I still have it, ditto a 69 Ford Bronco truck. All of my cars were projects I bought and fully restored/modified here in my shop, as well as my daughter's and wife's cars.

My Camaro

[Image: 2b77dz.jpg]

My Bronco

[Image: flhh1c.jpg]

My El Camino

[Image: 2wntrgk.jpg]

Pit Kart

[Image: 34i5lz7.jpg]

My dream (nightmare) car 87 Countach

[Image: ok5zxi.jpg]

I also have a 2000 Ford F350 4 door, 4wd pickup with a 38" lift, 44" nitro grabber tires on 22" wheels, painted Tuxedo black with an Expedition nose on it.

The Countach was my dream car. My family is German, and we spent summers in Germany. My 18th birthday, when I was finally allowed to get an international driver's license, first thing I did was lease a Countach in Frankfurt for 12 days. Had a blast. Several years later, when my flying career had taken off (haha) and I had a decent income, I bought a used '87 and rebuilt it- and made it considerably faster and with more active suspension. It is crazy straight-line fast, handles better than any Countach, anywhere, is gorgeous, and is a terrible freaking car. Back one up some time, you'll learn everything there is to know. Prettiest cars ever built, and the V12 is a monster- especially with some tweaking...but there is a reason tractor companies shouldn't build hyper cars, lol.

I have 8 or 9 other cars and a few bikes, but no pics handy. This is probably enough. Gasp

Love the Bronco! Thumbsup
12-08-2016, 11:40 AM
(12-08-2016 11:34 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(12-08-2016 11:21 AM)ohio_drg Wrote:  Currently trying to talk an old family friend out of a 1987 Buick Grand National.

I guy I used to work with that lives just east of Hamilton Michigan has one....

Had one years ago. Was stolen and then found about a month later..... They gutted it and then the rest was burned to the ground Sadcryface
12-08-2016, 11:46 AM
(12-08-2016 02:31 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  My El Camino

[Image: 2wntrgk.jpg]

That El Camino is beeeautiful... drool. How much to sell and ship to Australia? Big Grin

Which donk have you got in it? 1978 model?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.