What's your wheels?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-02-2015, 01:02 PM
RE: What's your wheels?
I got a 2005 Honda Accord just recently - 75K miles on it, lots of cupholders, leather seats, sunroof - yay Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
09-02-2015, 01:14 PM
(09-02-2015 01:01 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I have two (both bicycles):

(1) A relatively cheap Cannondale hybrid. This is my everyday commuting bike. I can ride it in just about any kind of weather and not worry too much about what it's doing to the bike.

(2) A really nice, really expensive Serotta Ottrott. This is for fun rides on weekends in good weather. It's much more pleasurable to ride than the Cannondale, but it's much too valuable for commuting and bad weather.

I have a driver's license, and will occasionally rent a car when I need to, but I haven't owned a car since 1991. That car was a 5-liter Ford Mustang GT. Nice car, but I don't do cars anymore.

I envy the idea of being able to forgo a car. It's not really an option in rural Michigan - especially in the winter.

I do have a single wheel trailer I built for my mt. bike - and it's great to go grocery shopping on it in nice weather (6 miles (one way) to nearest grocery store).

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-02-2015, 01:31 PM
(09-02-2015 01:14 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 01:01 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I have two (both bicycles):

(1) A relatively cheap Cannondale hybrid. This is my everyday commuting bike. I can ride it in just about any kind of weather and not worry too much about what it's doing to the bike.

(2) A really nice, really expensive Serotta Ottrott. This is for fun rides on weekends in good weather. It's much more pleasurable to ride than the Cannondale, but it's much too valuable for commuting and bad weather.

I have a driver's license, and will occasionally rent a car when I need to, but I haven't owned a car since 1991. That car was a 5-liter Ford Mustang GT. Nice car, but I don't do cars anymore.

I envy the idea of being able to forgo a car. It's not really an option in rural Michigan - especially in the winter.

I do have a single wheel trailer I built for my mt. bike - and it's great to go grocery shopping on it in nice weather (6 miles (one way) to nearest grocery store).

Yeah, winters are tough. I live in the city, so the roads get cleaned up pretty well and pretty quickly after snowstorms, and when it's really bad, work and every other place I need to go is close enough that I can walk -- it just takes an hour or two.

I have one of those trailers for grocery shopping. A friend gave it to me a few years back, and now I wonder how I ever managed without it. I used to have to put everything in my backpack, and make several trips if I needed a lot of stuff.
09-02-2015, 02:28 PM
(09-02-2015 07:00 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'm sure some will call it stereotyping - but like the clothes you wear - the car you drive does say something about your personality.

So - what do you drive?

Girly don't drive. I got people for that. Tongue

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-02-2015, 02:32 PM
(09-02-2015 02:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 07:00 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'm sure some will call it stereotyping - but like the clothes you wear - the car you drive does say something about your personality.

So - what do you drive?

Girly don't drive. I got people for that. Tongue

Life is good...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-02-2015, 03:50 PM
I have a mustang 2004 40th year addition. 5 speed love love love
[+] 2 users Like purpledaisies's post
09-02-2015, 05:14 PM
(09-02-2015 02:32 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 02:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Girly don't drive. I got people for that. Tongue

Life is good...

Big Grin

All he has to remember is helmet on, the bus driver does all the rest.
[+] 7 users Like earmuffs's post
09-02-2015, 05:57 PM
2011 HHR - no bells or whistles, was a rental before I bought it. 80K miles. Decent on gas and short wheel base so it maneuvers really well - much better than you would think.

Seats in the back lay down so there's room for hauling things when necessary.

I seldom have a passenger - it's MY ride.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-02-2015, 06:18 PM
2001 ford escape that my wife refuses to give up
2011 honda accord coupe V6-EXL

Both paid for.

Retiring in a year, switching careers, buying a home, THEN I will get myself a "you made it gift"..either a Mercedes C63 AMG coupe or Audi RS5, I go back and forth Consider

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
09-02-2015, 06:59 PM
(09-02-2015 06:18 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  2001 ford escape that my wife refuses to give up
2011 honda accord coupe V6-EXL

Both paid for.

Retiring in a year, switching careers, buying a home, THEN I will get myself a "you made it gift"..either a Mercedes C63 AMG coupe or Audi RS5, I go back and forth Consider

i want a tesla with an " insane" mode button. Laugh out load

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post