What's your wheels?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-08-2016, 06:38 AM
RE: What's your wheels?
Ya gotta love the old Opel GT's.....

With a steel bumper like that - you could REALLY do some damage to a pedestrian's legs......

Not like these plastic ones nowdays...

Wink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2016, 07:07 AM
Motorised shopping trolley.

Well, it's actually a Toyota Aygo: 998cc 3 cyclinder engine that is powerful for its size but very frugal on gas. Oh, and only £20/year road tax - my friend pays over a hundred on her smallish Honda SUV.

Used to have cars like MG roadsters, tuned up minis but now? This one goes fast enough (though loses a bit on gettaways due to being a semi automatic) and corners superbly - better than those others I mentioned.
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
17-08-2016, 07:13 AM
I bought an MGB right after I got out of the service...

Fun car -- but was a bitch to drive after I hit a deer with the motorcycle and broke my right leg (the first time) ---especially seeing it was a manual transmission...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
17-08-2016, 09:45 AM
(17-08-2016 06:26 AM)ohio_drg Wrote:  
(16-08-2016 02:23 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  For some odd reason they all ended up in Texas...it's pretty easy to find a decent project car here. Restored ones bring blood- I've seen just a factory resto bring $15,000 and custom jobs well north of 30K. But we bought the one we used for the grape (we called it the grape) from a local salvage yard, in really good shape, for $800.

$800 is a steal. The few you can find in Ohio for that price are damn near rusted to the ground.

Yep, I know where there are 3 right now, 1 starts and drives, the other two don't look like they're far from it, all under $2K. I can't imagine why they ended up migrating to Texas like they did, except maybe that so many WWII vets located here, and- much like my own father- while they hated Hitler et al, they fell in love with Things German, overall. Much of the state is of old German heritage, like I am. Just a guess though, it seems odd to me.
17-08-2016, 09:52 AM
(17-08-2016 06:38 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Ya gotta love the old Opel GT's.....

With a steel bumper like that - you could REALLY do some damage to a pedestrian's legs......

Not like these plastic ones nowdays...

Wink

Oh, the old Bradley GT kit cars were great for that- the front end sat so low you could catch people right in the side of the ankle, just a tap would have 'em on the ground screaming. I'm convinced that's why that little shitbox was so popular. A buddy of mine tucked a V6 into one, back in the mid 80's...I swear it was less than a month and the car was literally shedding parts from the "Massive torque and power" put out by the little V6...it was that Ford Pinto motor, 2.9 I think...? Not generally known as a car shredder, lol. He put a lot of work into it. adapted it to a Corvair transaxle I think...it came and went so fast (In existence, not speed) I barely noticed it at the time. Shame...
17-08-2016, 10:08 AM
(17-08-2016 07:13 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I bought an MGB right after I got out of the service...

Fun car -- but was a bitch to drive after I hit a deer with the motorcycle and broke my right leg (the first time) ---especially seeing it was a manual transmission...

My brothers and I are spread out in age considerably, 26 years between oldest and youngest. My oldest brother was always a money chaser- he retired as VP of Northrop-Grumman a few years ago. He's the only one of us who wasn't a car builder- he was just a car buyer, lol.
I think he was always jealous, because about 10 years ago he had a nice shop built on his little ranch up by Dallas and had ALL the bells and whistles installed...rotisserie, lift, big roller box full of brand new shiny snap-on tools, etc. Made some snap on guy delirious with joy I have no doubt.
He always lent his little brothers a hand, so he had some skills, he just had always been a helper, never the team leader on a build, and we had all stuck pretty much to old muscle and old trucks, and bikes- other than a few exotics I played with.
I guess in his old age he decided to forge his own path through the family automotive world, because he announced that he was now officially an MG restorer guy!

I never saw an MG come out of his shop, he still drove an SLS, and he stopped talking about it, lol. A few years ago I was up there to visit after he had knee surgery and I wandered out to the shop...there were 4 MG's in there in various stages of disassembly, and every one of them had the wiring practically gutted and the harness hanging over a fender and dust everywhere with spider webs and small signs saying "Abandon all hope ye who enter here" hanging from the rear views.

Another sad victim of the Evil British Automotive Wiring Conglomerate.

EBAWC strikes yet again. How many, how many must suffer before something is done??!??
17-08-2016, 11:25 AM
(17-08-2016 10:08 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 07:13 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I bought an MGB right after I got out of the service...

My brothers and I are spread out in age considerably, 26 years between oldest and youngest. My oldest brother was always a money chaser- he retired as VP of Northrop-Grumman a few years ago. He's the only one of us who wasn't a car builder- he was just a car buyer, lol.
I think he was always jealous, because about 10 years ago he had a nice shop built on his little ranch up by Dallas and had ALL the bells and whistles installed...rotisserie, lift, big roller box full of brand new shiny snap-on tools, etc. Made some snap on guy delirious with joy I have no doubt.
He always lent his little brothers a hand, so he had some skills, he just had always been a helper, never the team leader on a build, and we had all stuck pretty much to old muscle and old trucks, and bikes- other than a few exotics I played with.
I guess in his old age he decided to forge his own path through the family automotive world, because he announced that he was now officially an MG restorer guy!

I never saw an MG come out of his shop, he still drove an SLS, and he stopped talking about it, lol. A few years ago I was up there to visit after he had knee surgery and I wandered out to the shop...there were 4 MG's in there in various stages of disassembly, and every one of them had the wiring practically gutted and the harness hanging over a fender and dust everywhere with spider webs and small signs saying "Abandon all hope ye who enter here" hanging from the rear views.

Another sad victim of the Evil British Automotive Wiring Conglomerate.

EBAWC strikes yet again. How many, how many must suffer before something is done??!??

Ah, yes, Lucas Electric, the Prince of Darkness.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
17-08-2016, 12:36 PM
Do you know why the British drink warm beer? Because they have Lucas refrigerators.

[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
17-08-2016, 01:10 PM
Quote:Ah, yes, Lucas Electric, the Prince of Darkness.

LOL I've never heard it put that way...that's hilarious! Laughat
17-08-2016, 01:19 PM
My very first car was one of these beauties...

[Image: Shannons1114forumfcefecholdenclubFEHolden1R.jpg]

1957 Holden (GM) Special Sedan
Three on the tree (no auto)
2.2 litre six (132.5 cu in) 71 HP
Just over 1 ton kerb weight

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.