What's your wheels?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-08-2016, 01:32 PM
RE: What's your wheels?
(17-08-2016 01:19 PM)SYZ Wrote:  My very first car was one of these beauties...

[Image: Shannons1114forumfcefecholdenclubFEHolden1R.jpg]

1957 Holden (GM) Special Sedan
Three on the tree (no auto)
2.2 litre six (132.5 cu in) 71 HP
Just over 1 ton kerb weight

I love it! I learned to drive on 3 on the tree myself. Every time I drive one now it brings back memories...of climbing underneath with a big screwdriver to pop the linkage loose when it would bind up, mostly, lol.
I love that car...I'd like to build one, fit a 9 inch under the back end with a 4 link suspension, some fat rubber on 20's, IFS the front and airbag it all the way around, stuff a nice small block in it with a root supercharger sticking up out of the hood, paint the whole thing outlaw black with some realistic flames that curl into skulls boiling out of the hood and behind the rear wheels...chop it about 3 inches...6 speed auto paddle shift, maybe a 400 dual stage shot of nitrous just as a surprise...yup, I could have some fun with that little beast. Evil_monster
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2016, 02:07 PM
Hey! My husband just got me a brand new bicycle! It's sooooo much lighter than my old bike which weighed a ton. I'm thrilled because I ride my bike to do errands around the neighborhood stores and get some exercise at the same time. Now I need a cute little basket on the back to put groceries and stuff in when i do my errands.

What's that, you say?

Yeah I know.......but it does have wheels.

Rolleyes

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
17-08-2016, 02:35 PM
Quote:Hey! My husband just got me a brand new bicycle! It's sooooo much lighter than my old bike which weighed a ton. I'm thrilled because I ride my bike to do errands around the neighborhood stores and get some exercise at the same time. Now I need a cute little basket on the back to put groceries and stuff in when i do my errands.

Ahhh...one of those stealth bikes! I think the CIA uses them. I have two, around here somewhere....
[+] 2 users Like The Dark One's post
17-08-2016, 04:23 PM
(17-08-2016 02:07 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Hey! My husband just got me a brand new bicycle! It's sooooo much lighter than my old bike which weighed a ton. I'm thrilled because I ride my bike to do errands around the neighborhood stores and get some exercise at the same time. Now I need a cute little basket on the back to put groceries and stuff in when i do my errands.

What's that, you say?

Rolleyes

Get a nice pink and yellow wicker basket for the handle bars!
17-08-2016, 04:25 PM
(17-08-2016 02:35 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  Ahhh...one of those stealth bikes! I think the CIA uses them. I have two, around here somewhere....

Do you use a deerstalker cap instead of a crash hat when you ride one of those bikes? Tongue
17-08-2016, 08:11 PM
Just came back from the Honda dealership and helped my MIL replace her 2002 Oldsmobile Aurora with a Honda CRV Touring with all the bells and whistles (except for AWD). Tons of safety features that she really, really needs (listed below). Price about $34,000 out the door.

[Image: SI_trawd_34FRONT.png]

CR-V Touring

2WD:
Adding to or replacing features on the 2WD EX-L
18-Inch Alloy Wheels
Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)
Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
HomeLink Remote System
Driver's Seat with 10-Way Power Adjustment, Including Power Lumbar Support and Two-Position Memory
Heated, Body-Colored Power Side Mirrors including Expanded View Driver's Mirror and Integrated Turn Indicators
Projector-Beam Halogen Headlights with Auto-On/Off
Power Tailgate
Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
17-08-2016, 08:25 PM
(17-08-2016 08:11 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Just came back from the Honda dealership and helped my MIL replace her 2002 Oldsmobile Aurora with a Honda CRV Touring with all the bells and whistles (except for AWD). Tons of safety features that she really, really needs (listed below). Price about $34,000 out the door.

[Image: SI_trawd_34FRONT.png]

CR-V Touring

2WD:
Adding to or replacing features on the 2WD EX-L
18-Inch Alloy Wheels
Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)
Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
HomeLink Remote System
Driver's Seat with 10-Way Power Adjustment, Including Power Lumbar Support and Two-Position Memory
Heated, Body-Colored Power Side Mirrors including Expanded View Driver's Mirror and Integrated Turn Indicators
Projector-Beam Halogen Headlights with Auto-On/Off
Power Tailgate
Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)

Lotta goodies. I hope you bought the extended warranty. Shit like that breaks, it's more than a couple SSA checks, if it isn't in warranty.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
17-08-2016, 08:36 PM
(17-08-2016 08:25 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Lotta goodies. I hope you bought the extended warranty. Shit like that breaks, it's more than a couple SSA checks, if it isn't in warranty.

Comes with a 250,000 mile warranty as long as you take it back to the dealership for maintenance.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
17-08-2016, 09:26 PM
(17-08-2016 04:23 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 02:07 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Hey! My husband just got me a brand new bicycle! It's sooooo much lighter than my old bike which weighed a ton. I'm thrilled because I ride my bike to do errands around the neighborhood stores and get some exercise at the same time. Now I need a cute little basket on the back to put groceries and stuff in when i do my errands.

What's that, you say?

Rolleyes

Get a nice pink and yellow wicker basket for the handle bars!

And plastic tassels hanging off the handle bars. Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
17-08-2016, 09:26 PM
(17-08-2016 08:36 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 08:25 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Lotta goodies. I hope you bought the extended warranty. Shit like that breaks, it's more than a couple SSA checks, if it isn't in warranty.

Comes with a 250,000 mile warranty as long as you take it back to the dealership for maintenance.

Worth it! Vehicles nowadays are so complicated with the electronics, I even bought the extended warranty for my new Kia Forte. One part breaks outside of warranty, and that warranty would have been paid for. I can still fix my '70 Chevy Truck, and a couple of other cars I have, but these new things take diagnostic tools that I don't have. It's cheaper for me to buy a car that only takes oil changes and such for 100,000 miles or ten years. I can still do a lot of the maintenance, but that may change as I get older.