What's your wheels?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
19-08-2016, 01:27 PM
RE: What's your wheels?
(19-08-2016 12:35 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Some problem you have there, hard to kill a Toyota, that's why resale values are so high.

Tell me about it! All 6 cylinders are within 10% of factory compression, oil consumption is very low, no leaks...I just don't have the heart to reward this hard working engine by ripping it out for no reason. The 4.3 4runner is SO much more powerful, though...blasted Jap engineers, doing their job right! How dare they!! Dodgy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2016, 01:54 PM
(19-08-2016 01:27 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 12:35 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Some problem you have there, hard to kill a Toyota, that's why resale values are so high.

Tell me about it! All 6 cylinders are within 10% of factory compression, oil consumption is very low, no leaks...I just don't have the heart to reward this hard working engine by ripping it out for no reason. The 4.3 4runner is SO much more powerful, though...blasted Jap engineers, doing their job right! How dare they!! Dodgy

I bought an '05 Corolla 12 years ago. It got about $6k of warranty work, but seems to be working well now. It just turned over 200k miles.
19-08-2016, 03:31 PM
(19-08-2016 01:54 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 01:27 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  Tell me about it! All 6 cylinders are within 10% of factory compression, oil consumption is very low, no leaks...I just don't have the heart to reward this hard working engine by ripping it out for no reason. The 4.3 4runner is SO much more powerful, though...blasted Jap engineers, doing their job right! How dare they!! Dodgy

I bought an '05 Corolla 12 years ago. It got about $6k of warranty work, but seems to be working well now. It just turned over 200k miles.

I'd be thinking about a new car before it hits 400,000, just to be safe. You don't want to end up on the side of the road. Cool
[+] 2 users Like The Dark One's post
22-08-2016, 10:14 AM
Picked up a 64 Fairlane Sports Coupe yesterday. All original, needs some work but it will make a nice cruiser.
[+] 1 user Likes ohio_drg's post
22-08-2016, 11:14 AM
(22-08-2016 10:14 AM)ohio_drg Wrote:  Picked up a 64 Fairlane Sports Coupe yesterday. All original, needs some work but it will make a nice cruiser.

Those are cool cars. Is it a 6- or an 8- cylinder?
22-08-2016, 11:23 AM
(19-08-2016 01:27 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  

I hate to say it but I’m going to anyway...

Don’t fix it if it ain’t broke. No

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
22-08-2016, 12:02 PM
(22-08-2016 11:14 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(22-08-2016 10:14 AM)ohio_drg Wrote:  Picked up a 64 Fairlane Sports Coupe yesterday. All original, needs some work but it will make a nice cruiser.

Those are cool cars. Is it a 6- or an 8- cylinder?

V8 Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes ohio_drg's post
22-08-2016, 12:30 PM

They're fun to build- we've done a lot of Fairlanes, Galaxies and Falcons, the old Fords are popular. They rarely seem to have significant rust, which is nice, and the engine bays- from the gargantuan Galaxies down to the relatively tiny Falcons- are big enough that you can put whatever power plant you want in them. Likewise the interiors...bare bones racing Ricaros or full-on overstuffed captain's chairs, lol. Great cars to build.!
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
22-08-2016, 10:42 PM
Speaking of Toyotas

[Image: ScreenShot2016-07-28at12.36.24PM.png]
https://priceonomics.com/which-cars-cost...intain-as/

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
22-08-2016, 11:25 PM
(22-08-2016 10:42 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Speaking of Toyotas

[Image: ScreenShot2016-07-28at12.36.24PM.png]
https://priceonomics.com/which-cars-cost...intain-as/

I question the accuracy of a few of those, but I'd say the majority are on target. I'm curious how they established those numbers...many parts among makes owned by a parent company have one part number, so it's difficult to track what goes where. i.e. Honda/Acura, Toyota/Scion/Lexus, etc. Toyota even owns a pretty good chunk of Subaru, and there is some crossover there, too.
Still, it's not a bad ballpark idea. Smile