Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-08-2016, 06:35 AM
RE: What's your wheels?
(22-08-2016 10:42 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Speaking of Toyotas

[Image: ScreenShot2016-07-28at12.36.24PM.png]
https://priceonomics.com/which-cars-cost...intain-as/

That's a pretty sketchy list......

First off- - how could they possibly get the information? Did they base it on one model - or over the entire fleet????

One I find odd -- is the Saturn (which I have extensive history with) -- How could you spend $26,000 on a Saturn? There isn't one that cost that much NEW..... My SO didn't spend anywhere near that kind of money in 300,000 miles. I replaced all the running gear - including the engine with new parts - and didn't spend $3000......

Sounds like BS to me...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
23-08-2016, 06:46 AM
(23-08-2016 06:35 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(22-08-2016 10:42 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Speaking of Toyotas

[Image: ScreenShot2016-07-28at12.36.24PM.png]
https://priceonomics.com/which-cars-cost...intain-as/

That's a pretty sketchy list......

First off- - how could they possibly get the information? Did they base it on one model - or over the entire fleet????

One I find odd -- is the Saturn (which I have extensive history with) -- How could you spend $26,000 on a Saturn? There isn't one that cost that much NEW..... My SO didn't spend anywhere near that kind of money in 300,000 miles. I replaced all the running gear - including the engine with new parts - and didn't spend $3000......

Sounds like BS to me...

Agreed. The list just doesn't add up.
23-08-2016, 10:34 AM
Quote:That's a pretty sketchy list......

Quote:Agreed. The list just doesn't add up.

LOL Dammit guys...here I'm trying to be nice, and you two charge in calling "Bullshit!".

See if I ever pull my punches again with you two! Tongue
[+] 2 users Like The Dark One's post
07-09-2016, 01:29 PM
Gave up on the Grand National. Heard through the grapevine that the owner of my first car is thinking about selling it. Decisions.... Decisions....
07-09-2016, 01:51 PM
Last month was busy --

I bought an S-10 pickup, and a 97 Saturn SW2 - station wagon.

The wagon is parts. It's pretty rusty --- but it had a good engine with only 25k miles on it.

So - over the weekend -- I pulled the engine out of the wagon and am going to put it in the 97 SC2 (2 door) that I'd bought a while back - which had a connecting rod through the crankcase.

I've got both engines out - and will have both up on the bench within the hour...... I've got a bit of swapping to do - because the good engine has a broken boss for the support bolt for the idler pulley --- so I'll change cases (the bad engine's boss is good)....

I should have the engine in the car and ready to roll (disasters aside) by the end of the week.....

This car is going to be my SO's winter driving car......

This will put us up to 7 running Saturns.... (all twin cam engines)

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
07-09-2016, 03:15 PM
(07-09-2016 01:29 PM)ohio_drg Wrote:  Gave up on the Grand National. Heard through the grapevine that the owner of my first car is thinking about selling it. Decisions.... Decisions....

I had lost my car in a rear-end collision in '97, and bought a 4-door '82 Regal. I was at a local pick-your-part wrecking yard, and saw an '80s turbo-charged T-type Regal, intact. If I hadn't been wearing a neck brace, that thing would have been mine! It'd be a ton of fun to have a 4-door with that turbo V-6!
08-09-2016, 08:03 AM
(07-09-2016 03:15 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 01:29 PM)ohio_drg Wrote:  Gave up on the Grand National. Heard through the grapevine that the owner of my first car is thinking about selling it. Decisions.... Decisions....

I had lost my car in a rear-end collision in '97, and bought a 4-door '82 Regal. I was at a local pick-your-part wrecking yard, and saw an '80s turbo-charged T-type Regal, intact. If I hadn't been wearing a neck brace, that thing would have been mine! It'd be a ton of fun to have a 4-door with that turbo V-6!

I still intend on purchasing a Grand National. Just not the one I have been looking at.. A 4-door turbo Regal would be quite the fun toy to drive around (or a Regal wagon)

My friend that knows the guy with my first car is going to stop and chat with him tonight and see if he really wants to sell.
08-09-2016, 08:20 AM
(08-09-2016 08:03 AM)ohio_drg Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 03:15 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I had lost my car in a rear-end collision in '97, and bought a 4-door '82 Regal. I was at a local pick-your-part wrecking yard, and saw an '80s turbo-charged T-type Regal, intact. If I hadn't been wearing a neck brace, that thing would have been mine! It'd be a ton of fun to have a 4-door with that turbo V-6!

I still intend on purchasing a Grand National. Just not the one I have been looking at.. A 4-door turbo Regal would be quite the fun toy to drive around (or a Regal wagon)

My friend that knows the guy with my first car is going to stop and chat with him tonight and see if he really wants to sell.

I don't think I'd want my first car back....

A 67 Lincoln Continental 4 door. (suicide doors).

That car cured me for life from big gas guzzling cars...

But, I got it cheap. Traded 2 Lincolns (one parts car) for an Ibanez acoustic guitar...

Your first got considerably better mpg...

Big Grin

14-09-2016, 12:38 AM
On my way to work an AMG S66 overtook me, or lets say "blubbered by". Sounds as evil as Bugatti Veyron.
Yet, according to the AMG website something like an "S 66" doesnt even exits. An expert told me tho, these are special models made exclusively for foreign oil princes and such Sad

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
14-09-2016, 02:25 AM
Hi,

We have eight wheels excluding mountain bike and baby carriage.

2005 Alfa 147 2LTS Lusso. This has been the most reliable car we have owned over the years, which came as a total surprise to me after the Alfa horror stories.

2000 Yamaha R1. The best motorbike I have ever ridden or owned.

2000 Yamaha YZF1000 Thunderace. A good every day bike with the potential to surprise, but not an R1.

Previous stuff - Bikes - Matchless 350, BSA 600 (prewar), Triumph t110, Honda 305 supersport, Suzuki K11 sport, Suzuki T10, Suzuki super six, Vespa 90, BSA C11, Suzuki GSXR 750WN, Kawasaki GPZ 550, Kawasaki ZX10r, Yamaha R1, Suzuki GSXR600, Yamaha Thunderace.

Previous stuff - Cars - Ford Classic, Hillman Imp, Austin Mini, Sunbeam Alpine, Triumph Spitfire, Renault 4, Hillman Minx, MGB roadster, VW Variant, 1937 Austin 10, VW Beetle, Loyus 7, Fiat Miriafiori, Vauxhall Cavalier MK1 and MK11, Daihatsu Charade, 1937 Morris 8, TVR Taimar, Saab Turbo, Alfa 147 TS.

Digital - Pile of racing games on the Xbox. Drooling

D.