What's your wheels?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-11-2016, 05:42 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2016 05:45 AM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: What's your wheels?
The best Saturn was the Vue, because it had a Honda 3.6L V6 in it, a copy-paste of their Pilot engine. Used to work at a Honda dealership, and once the Saturn brand fell apart, a lot of local Vue owners had their SUV serviced at the Honda dealership. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2016, 07:11 AM
(10-11-2016 05:36 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 03:33 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  That's a 97... Same as my purple one....

My plan for a "go fast" [...]

Uh... go fast? A 1.9L engine with only 100HP? Presumably you're dropping in a more powerful donk?

[Image: engine02.jpg]
Tricked Out Engine

That's a "souped up" SINGLE CAM....

Mine are ALL twin cam (don't mess with anything else)

[Image: 2002-saturn-sc2-3-door-coupe-19-dohc-5-s...-mpg-4.JPG]

They're 125 hp from the factory.

I've seen several tricked out to still reliably put out 200...

Differences --- SOHC -- 2 valve per cylinder and throttle body injection
DOHC -- 4 valve per cylinder and direct port injection.

and the DOHC is 9.5 to 1 compression vs the 8.5 to 1 of the SOHC.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
10-11-2016, 07:13 AM
(10-11-2016 05:42 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The best Saturn was the Vue, because it had a Honda 3.6L V6 in it, a copy-paste of their Pilot engine. Used to work at a Honda dealership, and once the Saturn brand fell apart, a lot of local Vue owners had their SUV serviced at the Honda dealership. Tongue

Dunno... Me and my SO don't consider anything other than S-series cars as "real" Saturns....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
10-11-2016, 11:05 AM
(10-11-2016 05:42 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The best Saturn was the Vue, because it had a Honda 3.6L V6 in it, a copy-paste of their Pilot engine. Used to work at a Honda dealership, and once the Saturn brand fell apart, a lot of local Vue owners had their SUV serviced at the Honda dealership. Tongue

I owned a VUE. Biggest pile of shit I have ever owned.
30-01-2017, 01:16 PM
I picked up a 1994 S-10 Chevy pickup a few months ago......

Got it cheap... It had a horrible knocking in the engine. I suspected it was probably either the alternator or the power steering pump.

I talked to a friend of mine, who knows the guy who sold me the truck -- and he was convinced it was a connecting rod going bad ---- which would mean an engine rebuild.... So he got rid of it to the first sucker to come along with 900 bucks.....

I changed it out -- $94 for a rebuilt alternator --- eliminated the knock and it runs great. Tracks true down the road - the tires are all good. It didn't have a spare - but a buddy of mine had one - so I got that for free (with good tread on a steel rim)....... Everything works - except the heater selector -- so it's stuck on defrost -- but gets plenty warm inside.

A bit rusty -- but it's going to be a work truck for bombing around the woods - picking up maple syrup.

[img][Image: 102_1017_zpsthyuulkd.jpg][/img]

Only thing left to do -- is go pick up some steel - -and build a "road warrior" type brush guard (something decidedly more functional than pretty)......

And yes -- the four wheel drive works wonderful....

30-01-2017, 01:21 PM
My bike:

[Image: 124492@honda-cbf1000-2006-m.jpg]

Currently in storage until the snow's gone. Sadcryface2
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
30-01-2017, 01:28 PM
(30-01-2017 01:21 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  My bike:

[Image: 124492@honda-cbf1000-2006-m.jpg]

Currently in storage until the snow's gone. Sadcryface2

Never been into crotch rockets -- but that's a seriously good looking bike.

Not gaudy, not stupid looking.

It just looks like it's ready to do business....

Cool

30-01-2017, 01:46 PM
I drive a 2014 Honda Civic 2-door coupe. I love it. It's my dream car, believe it or not. It' simple as far as cars go, but it makes me very happy to enjoy it while I can.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
30-01-2017, 02:02 PM
(30-01-2017 01:28 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Never been into crotch rockets -- but that's a seriously good looking bike.

Not gaudy, not stupid looking.

It just looks like it's ready to do business....

Cool

Thanks.

Brand new out of the box it had about 96 hp, which isn't over the top but it's enough to make you crap your pants if you don't know what you're doing.

Not so great for long extended rides though (5+ hours). Next bike will be a cruiser, perhaps a Yamaha V-Star or similar. Easier on the backside.
30-01-2017, 02:20 PM
(30-01-2017 01:16 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I picked up a 1994 S-10 Chevy pickup a few months ago......

Got it cheap... It had a horrible knocking in the engine. I suspected it was probably either the alternator or the power steering pump.

I talked to a friend of mine, who knows the guy who sold me the truck -- and he was convinced it was a connecting rod going bad ---- which would mean an engine rebuild.... So he got rid of it to the first sucker to come along with 900 bucks.....

I changed it out -- $94 for a rebuilt alternator --- eliminated the knock and it runs great. Tracks true down the road - the tires are all good. It didn't have a spare - but a buddy of mine had one - so I got that for free (with good tread on a steel rim)....... Everything works - except the heater selector -- so it's stuck on defrost -- but gets plenty warm inside.

A bit rusty -- but it's going to be a work truck for bombing around the woods - picking up maple syrup.

[img][Image: 102_1017_zpsthyuulkd.jpg][/img]

Only thing left to do -- is go pick up some steel - -and build a "road warrior" type brush guard (something decidedly more functional than pretty)......

And yes -- the four wheel drive works wonderful....

My eldest son had an '88 Olds Cutlass Ciera that came down with a horrible knock that turned out to be the harmonic balancer. Happy to see that an alternator fixed yours; that's pretty inexpensive.