What's your wheels?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
31-01-2017, 10:08 AM
RE: What's your wheels?
(30-01-2017 07:24 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 06:16 PM)skyking Wrote:  My wheels have been completely overhauled Big Grin
Rebuilt engine and transmission, new clutch, injectors, high pressure pump. Some 2011 alloys that were the lightest stock wheels on the diesel Rams.
I put free spin hubs on the front and re-geared it to 3.42 earlier this year. I did a 320 mile run to look at trailers for a friend, mostly at 60 MPH. This got me a little over 24 MPG.

As much as I dislike the stench of diesel, that kind of mileage makes me want to use one. I have a '70 Chevy 3/4T truck with a 400 cu in big block that will pull the load, but gets 9 mpg in town and 13 on the highway (pulling a travel trailer). It's getting tired (rebuilt over 100k miles ago), and I'm considering an LS engine and a 4L80e. I could drop the rear axle to a lower ratio and take advantage of the OD. I know guys getting 18 MPG with that setup in their rigs. I would buy a wrecked truck and strip all the goodies, because I'd need everything. It would be a lot cleaner under the hood, too.
With the current tune, I had ~470 HP and 800 ft/lbs of torque on tap as well.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2017, 11:13 AM
Finally finished the planned engine mods to my 14 Heritage Classic in December. Ness Sucker II AC, Vance & Hines long shot pipes with the standard baffles, Andrews 57H cam, Fueling oil pump, cam plate and lifters, S&S adjustable push rods and a Vance & Hines Fuelpak 3 tuner. It's in auto tuning mode, but I haven't had a chance to ride it much since the cam was installed. I'm hoping to get away with not having to tune it on a dyno... This isn't my dyno profile, but what I have should be capable of something similar.

[Image: 420327d1425269097-103-57h-dyno-results-103-2013.jpg]

All the goodies ought to help hauling me and the SO up a hill out of the twisties at low RPMs.

[Image: 1J7F7y3.jpg]

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
31-01-2017, 03:41 PM
that low RPM, that's the best part.
25-02-2017, 03:08 PM
Haven't been here much this week - as I'm busy as fuck -- syrup season.

Just hadta vent.

The S-10 pickup I bought for doing syrup was owned by the world's worst mechanic (apparently)....

I've found a bunch of boneheaded shit so far -- but the latest took the cake.

The stupid fuck could hear something knocking -- and for whatever reason -changed the fan clutch and the water pump. The problem was the alternator. I fixed that.

But yesterday - I was out picking up barrels to wash, and I looked down at the gauges - to see the temp gauge going up quickly. The "Check gauges" light came on as well. I was only 200 yards from the garage, so I coasted in.

I opened up the radiator -- and there wasn't any antifreeze visible. It's been using a cup or so every day or so.

I tried pouring some in - and I heard it splashing under the vehicle....

Uh oh.... That's not good....

It took a couple minutes to find.

The lower radiator hose had came off....

The clamp, was about halfway down the hose.

The stupid fuck had to take the radiator out to replace the fan - when he did - he didn't put the hose clamp back on -- simply stuck the hose on the outlet of the radiator.

Fuck me.......

I put it back together correctly - dumped in fresh antifreeze - and hoped for the best.

It seems OK -- so I guess I dodged the bullet on this one.....

But fuck -- I'll never buy a car from that son of a bitch again.......

Sad

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
25-02-2017, 09:09 PM
(25-02-2017 03:08 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Haven't been here much this week - as I'm busy as fuck -- syrup season.

Just hadta vent.

The S-10 pickup I bought for doing syrup was owned by the world's worst mechanic (apparently)....

The stupid fuck could hear something knocking -- and for whatever reason -changed the fan clutch and the water pump. The problem was the alternator. I fixed that.

But yesterday - I was out picking up barrels to wash, and I looked down at the gauges - to see the temp gauge going up quickly. The "Check gauges" light came on as well. I was only 200 yards from the garage, so I coasted in.

I opened up the radiator -- and there wasn't any antifreeze visible. It's been using a cup or so every day or so.

The stupid fuck had to take the radiator out to replace the fan - when he did - he didn't put the hose clamp back on -- simply stuck the hose on the outlet of the radiator.

Fuck me.......

I put it back together correctly - dumped in fresh antifreeze - and hoped for the best.

Sad

I've seen shit like that, before. I know a guy who rebuilt a 427 engine for a Corvette, and put all the pistons on one bank in backwards. Fucking know-it-all "super-mechanic", too. Couldn't tell him anything. He had to pull the engine back out to fix that. It was a 4-speed car, so he had to pull the trans and bell housing to get the engine out of the car. If you have ever worked on one (it was a '70) you know what a blue steel bitch it is every step of the way to remove and install an engine (especially a big block) in one. Laugh out load Fortunately he was turning it over with a breaker bar to get it timed, and not using the starter. You'd think that looking at the pistons during assembly, he'd have seen where the valve reliefs were on them. Rolleyes
26-02-2017, 06:45 AM
(25-02-2017 09:09 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(25-02-2017 03:08 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Haven't been here much this week - as I'm busy as fuck -- syrup season.

Just hadta vent.

Fuck me.......

Sad

I've seen shit like that, before. I know a guy who rebuilt a 427 engine for a Corvette, and put all the pistons on one bank in backwards. Fucking know-it-all "super-mechanic", too. Couldn't tell him anything. He had to pull the engine back out to fix that. It was a 4-speed car, so he had to pull the trans and bell housing to get the engine out of the car. If you have ever worked on one (it was a '70) you know what a blue steel bitch it is every step of the way to remove and install an engine (especially a big block) in one. Laugh out load Fortunately he was turning it over with a breaker bar to get it timed, and not using the starter. You'd think that looking at the pistons during assembly, he'd have seen where the valve reliefs were on them. Rolleyes

I got a 61 Sportster really cheap once -because a "master mechanic" had put the engine together.

In one of the older Haynes manuals - they show the timing marks on the cam gears (if memory serves - there's 13 straight cut gears in there) and in the picture it incorrectly shows the position of the crankcase ventilation port -- which is to create a partial vacuum in the lower end of the engine. If you DO assemble it incorrectly (as the picture shows) it will create pressure instead. It's pretty clear the "mechanic" followed the picture instead of the written instructions.

The upshot of this - is the owner picked his bike up - rode it a couple miles down the road, and had it empty itself of oil between the two halves of the engine cases. He was pissed.

And the prick "mechanic" wouldn't refund his money.

I did a complete overhaul -- including putting it back together with Chevy small block undersize stem 1.87 valves that I shortened up and re-cut keeper grooves into. It made the old girl breath quite a bit better.

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
01-03-2017, 09:21 PM
This. They only made 1000 and this one is #96. Only comes in this color and package. Loaded with everything.

[Image: FRS%202_zpsd9bvxhzk.jpg]

Giant DH Mountain Bike

[Image: 20140812_120307_zpsb3827a26.jpeg]

Ridley Cyclocross Bike

[Image: 20140802_193707_RichtoneHDR1_zpsb05f23b5.jpg]

And my Cult BMX bike that I generally just do flatland tricks on. Rear brake has since been removed.

[Image: IMG_0502_zpsa04eja8u.jpg]

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
02-03-2017, 03:19 AM
(01-03-2017 09:21 PM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  This. They only made 1000 and this one is #96. Only comes in this color and package. Loaded with everything.

Very nice vehicle... Subaru BRZ with 2-ltre boxer, and 6-speed auto?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
02-03-2017, 03:47 AM
(02-03-2017 03:19 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(01-03-2017 09:21 PM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  This. They only made 1000 and this one is #96. Only comes in this color and package. Loaded with everything.

Very nice vehicle... Subaru BRZ with 2-ltre boxer, and 6-speed auto?

That's the Totoya counterpart, the Scion FR-S. It's either a 10 Series (2500 units) or a Monogram Series (2000 units), as the Limited Edition (1500 units) only came in bright Yuzu Yellow.

[Image: Scion_FRS_TRD_ScreenShot_06.Still001.jpg]

^ Limited Edition ^

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
02-03-2017, 08:50 AM
(02-03-2017 03:19 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Very nice vehicle... Subaru BRZ with 2-ltre boxer, and 6-speed auto?

Unfortunately this one is a auto with paddle shifters (which is fine in a way). I'd prefer a manual but with only 1000 made in the world I couldn't be too choosy.

(02-03-2017 03:47 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  That's the Totoya counterpart, the Scion FR-S. It's either a 10 Series (2500 units) or a Monogram Series (2000 units), as the Limited Edition (1500 units) only came in bright Yuzu Yellow.

[Image: Scion_FRS_TRD_ScreenShot_06.Still001.jpg]

^ Limited Edition ^

Limited Edition 1000 units. Only this color for 16

[Image: FRS%204_zpsx8zrs4it.jpg]

Before I tinted the windows

[Image: untitled-3_zpsiowjbohi.jpg]

[Image: untitled-7_zpsrbcsjqsb.jpg]

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.