What's your wheels?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
02-03-2017, 09:26 AM
RE: What's your wheels?
(02-03-2017 08:50 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 03:19 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Very nice vehicle... Subaru BRZ with 2-ltre boxer, and 6-speed auto?

Unfortunately this one is a auto with paddle shifters (which is fine in a way). I'd prefer a manual but with only 1000 made in the world I couldn't be too choosy.

(02-03-2017 03:47 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  That's the Totoya counterpart, the Scion FR-S. It's either a 10 Series (2500 units) or a Monogram Series (2000 units), as the Limited Edition (1500 units) only came in bright Yuzu Yellow.

[Image: Scion_FRS_TRD_ScreenShot_06.Still001.jpg]

^ Limited Edition ^

Limited Edition 1000 units. Only this color for 16

[Image: FRS%204_zpsx8zrs4it.jpg]

Before I tinted the windows

[Image: untitled-3_zpsiowjbohi.jpg]

[Image: untitled-7_zpsrbcsjqsb.jpg]

Then you or someone else aught to update the Wikipedia page. Big Grin

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
02-03-2017, 09:39 AM
(02-03-2017 09:26 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Then you or someone else aught to update the Wikipedia page. Big Grin

Lol... I rarely use Wikipedia for that reason alone. Maybe the yellow one was a 15 model (or earlier year)?

The RS 2.0 was a limited edition and a last hurrah for this body style (and for Scion as a whole). With only 1000 made worldwide you shouldn't see yourself coming and going. For the 17 they changed up the body slightly and boosted the engine by 5hp (big dealRolleyes ). Some say the car needs more than 200hp and I'd agree to an extent. The thing is, this car wasn't made for pure straight line speed. Not that it's slow by any means but you won't see me line up against a Corvette. But it's a nice all around package and I love the way it handles. If you put much more hp into it I fear that would upset the balance the car has.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
02-03-2017, 10:30 AM
(02-03-2017 09:39 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 09:26 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Then you or someone else aught to update the Wikipedia page. Big Grin

Lol... I rarely use Wikipedia for that reason alone. Maybe the yellow one was a 15 model (or earlier year)?

The RS 2.0 was a limited edition and a last hurrah for this body style (and for Scion as a whole). With only 1000 made worldwide you shouldn't see yourself coming and going. For the 17 they changed up the body slightly and boosted the engine by 5hp (big dealRolleyes ). Some say the car needs more than 200hp and I'd agree to an extent. The thing is, this car wasn't made for pure straight line speed. Not that it's slow by any means but you won't see me line up against a Corvette. But it's a nice all around package and I love the way it handles. If you put much more hp into it I fear that would upset the balance the car has.

Indeed, it strikes me as being more akin to two of my personal favorite sports cars, the Honda S2000 and the Datsun 240Z. Small, light, RWD cars that punch way above their price bracket. Wouldn't want to put either up against a Corvette in a quarter mile, but I'd take both in a heartbeat for an autocross.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
02-03-2017, 10:37 AM
(02-03-2017 10:30 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 09:39 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  Lol... I rarely use Wikipedia for that reason alone. Maybe the yellow one was a 15 model (or earlier year)?

Indeed, it strikes me as being more akin to two of my personal favorite sports cars, the Honda S2000 and the Datsun 240Z. Small, light, RWD cars that punch way above their price bracket. Wouldn't want to put either up against a Corvette in a quarter mile, but I'd take both in a heartbeat for an autocross.

You'll see quite a few of these (modified to a certain extent) at autocross events. Though I figure a well put together Miata will still win most of the time. I agree the S2000 was a wonderful car and from what I hear, they might be bringing it back. We can only hope.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
21-04-2017, 03:16 PM
The obsession grows.

We just got Saturn #12 home...

We've got 6 driveable and several for parts.

The new one is a 1998 SL2, a twin cam engine 4 door, auto transmission.

It's the third one I've bought with a thrown connecting rod. It' S not a design problem. It's dumb owner. Driving at highway speeds in 2nd or 3rd gear. The oil boils.

So bad - it needs an engine.

Good - the body is pretty rust free - and somebody had just put on all new exhaust, and a new driveline subframe. About $1000 worth of parts.

I paid $200.

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
21-04-2017, 04:57 PM
2013 BMW M6...560 kik azz hp.

1991 Mazda Miata w/ 302 Ford V8...great fun to rat around.

2009 Hyundai Genesis...wife's car/family bus, comfy & 10yr/100k mi warrany!

2017 TravelScoot...my 3 wheel mobility scooter so I can go places that would wear these old legs out.
[+] 2 users Like psybj's post
22-04-2017, 01:22 AM
(21-04-2017 04:57 PM)psybj Wrote:  2013 BMW M6...560 kik azz hp.

Shocking

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
22-04-2017, 05:03 AM
(21-04-2017 04:57 PM)psybj Wrote:  2013 BMW M6...560 kik azz hp.

1991 Mazda Miata w/ 302 Ford V8...great fun to rat around.

2009 Hyundai Genesis...wife's car/family bus, comfy & 10yr/100k mi warrany!

2017 TravelScoot...my 3 wheel mobility scooter so I can go places that would wear these old legs out.

The Miata with a 5 liter engine sounds fun.

Sorta like the guys who use d to take a TR7 and wedge in a Chevy smalblock....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-07-2017, 06:00 AM
Went to the monthly local classic car meeting. Ill leave out all the Vettes and stangs, and post only EU cars for you folks. Big Grin

You can find them pics here.

[Image: DSCN2712.jpg~original]
[Image: DSCN2696.jpg~original]
[Image: DSCN2691.jpg~original]

An original 1952 VW beetle!
[Image: DSCN2659.jpg~original]

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
09-07-2017, 06:12 AM
Just stopped and looked at a 72 MB 230 ( Hardtop) the same color as that, two weekends ago.....

The SO said she wouldn't mind driving it...

$2500.

I doubt it's still there...

I miss my old 300d...