What should I do?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2015, 02:34 AM
What should I do?
I dont want to go into the whys and the whats but something has happened that makes me feel quite appreciative. I want to share my good fortune by doing something good for other people. So im looking for ideas of what I can do. I have set aside a budget of £50, which isnt a great deal I know but its a start. I dont want to just donate money to charity, I want to do something proactive.

When it really started to become cold last year I bought gloves, hats and neck warmers and handed them out to homeless people. Id like to do something similar.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2015, 02:50 AM
RE: What should I do?
Well, there's many things you can do.

For example, give it to NGOs like Médecins sans Frontières or Emergency. These two are the ones I like the most. If you want to do it in person, then you could do something along the lines of what you did last time.

Whatever you decide to do is relatively irrelevant, the good thing is the thought behind it. Smile

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
25-03-2015, 02:51 AM
You could buy the homeless something they really want instead. Alcohol and heroine.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
25-03-2015, 03:16 AM
(25-03-2015 02:51 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You could buy the homeless something they really want instead. Alcohol and heroine.

Bad muffs! Bad! No treat for you! Angry

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
25-03-2015, 03:48 AM

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
25-03-2015, 04:10 AM
I sometimes give out food packages - fresh food like milk and sandwich materials and fruit. If they have a dog, don't forget the dog food and collapsible water bowl.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
25-03-2015, 05:39 AM
EVERYBODY wants to help the homeless people. Be different.

I'd suggest buying dildos and ben-wa balls for terminally oversexed college girls.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
25-03-2015, 05:50 AM
(25-03-2015 02:34 AM)bemore Wrote:  I dont want to go into the whys and the whats but something has happened that makes me feel quite appreciative. I want to share my good fortune by doing something good for other people. So im looking for ideas of what I can do. I have set aside a budget of £50, which isnt a great deal I know but its a start. I dont want to just donate money to charity, I want to do something proactive.

When it really started to become cold last year I bought gloves, hats and neck warmers and handed them out to homeless people. Id like to do something similar.

Look into doing volunteer work, I think you would find it satisfying. I've volunteered to help out at the regional food bank, it was a good workout and it helped people, I should probably do this more often.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
25-03-2015, 06:25 AM
(25-03-2015 02:51 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You could buy the homeless something they really want instead. Alcohol and heroine.

Really?!
Watch the whole thing.

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
[+] 3 users Like NoSkyDaddy's post
25-03-2015, 06:57 AM
(25-03-2015 06:25 AM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  

Really?!
Watch the whole thing.

Great. Now I can't stop crying. Sadcryface

Heart

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post