What show are you recently watching or watched.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
11-01-2016, 02:46 AM
RE: What show are you recently watching or watched.
(03-01-2016 10:00 PM)beeglez Wrote:  My West Wing binge continues! I finished season 2 and started season 3. This particular scene is one of my favorites so far. It's just beautifully acted, and beautifully filmed. For those not familiar, the President has just attended the funeral of his personal secretary, a woman he knew since he was a teenager. He asks to be alone in the cathedral, and the Secret Service seals the building for him. He delivers an emotional tirade against god. He's a religious man, but clearly is having a crisis of faith here. There is a separate clip which gives you the translation of the Latin, but I like this one better even though I do not understand Latin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVgK5HKj3P4

The West Wing is one my favorite shows ever. I own every season and have watched it many times. President Bartlett's words to God after Mrs. Landingham's funeral were good. I loved that scene.
The back and forth dialogue in the West Wing is what makes it great. This is classic Aaron Sorkin. His other works include The Newsroom (poor reviews but I liked it), Moneyball, The Social Network, Studio 60 (again poor reviews but if you like Mr. Sorkin's writing..), A Few Good Men, and The American President.
Just out of curiosity, which is your favorite character? It's a toss up between Josh and Toby for me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2016, 08:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVgK5HKj3P4
[/quote]

Just out of curiosity, which is your favorite character? It's a toss up between Josh and Toby for me.
[/quote]

Definitely Josh. I love everything about his character, and I love how the actor can convey so much with his facial expressions. Toby and CJ are probably tied for second, then President Bartlett. Donna really annoys me.
[+] 1 user Likes beeglez's post
23-01-2016, 06:53 PM
[Image: f498317349a7a58cdde9d763b542bb51.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Talviomena's post
24-01-2016, 09:06 AM
I recently watched all three seasons of Orange is the New Black and am now watching Wentworth...another show about women in prison but set in Australia and more serious than OITNB.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
24-01-2016, 11:33 PM
Parks and Rec.

Ron Swanson is my spirit animal.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
24-01-2016, 11:53 PM
(24-01-2016 11:33 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Parks and Rec.

Ron Swanson is literally the best thing to happen. Ever. Heart

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
25-01-2016, 02:28 PM
Last night I saw the pilot for Lucifer. I thought it very funny indeed.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
26-01-2016, 04:42 AM
(24-01-2016 11:53 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(24-01-2016 11:33 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Parks and Rec.

Ron Swanson is literally the best thing to happen. Ever. Heart

Ron Swanson is my favorite TV character of all time.

“If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission.” ― Flemming Rose
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-01-2016, 04:43 AM
I've been watching Fringe on Netflix. It's pretty awesome. I absolutely love John Noble's character, Walter Bishop. I'm just now getting into season 3.

“If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission.” ― Flemming Rose
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Capn. Irrelevant's post
26-01-2016, 06:06 AM
Last night I watched the pilot for Lucifer. I really enjoyed it.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.