What show are you recently watching or watched.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
13-11-2016, 05:02 AM
RE: What show are you recently watching or watched.
Haha

Just finished the first 6 episodes of Westworld and I am really impressed. It really is a great story and I'm amazed at the resources it would take to film a show like that.

$100 million for 10 episodes. TV Shows these days are getting on par with movies. You really get allot more value for money these days. All this stuff will keep getting cheaper.

Soon 3d animation will be so cheap and good it might be the end of actors. Computers don't ask for pay cheques (yet)

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
13-11-2016, 05:38 PM
(13-11-2016 05:02 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Haha

Just finished the first 6 episodes of Westworld and I am really impressed. It really is a great story and I'm amazed at the resources it would take to film a show like that.

$100 million for 10 episodes. TV Shows these days are getting on par with movies. You really get allot more value for money these days. All this stuff will keep getting cheaper.

Soon 3d animation will be so cheap and good it might be the end of actors. Computers don't ask for pay cheques (yet)

I think if you want a glimpse of the way movies and stuff are going to go (or should go IMO) go watch Kingsglaive.

It's CG done right unlike Hollywood CG today.

Actors will still be needed though. People like actors, famous people sell tickets.
How many times have you watched a movie just because it had X in it?
Besides, voice actors will still be needed and artists need faces to base their characters on and people will still need to be made to wear green morph suits to act out the motions.

[Image: oscar.png]
20-11-2016, 01:14 AM
(13-11-2016 05:38 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's CG done right unlike Hollywood CG today.

You are generalizing, there is good Hollywood CG now and there always has been. Not everywhere though...

Westworld, however, is completely fucking mind blowing!
Its not the CG that impresses me though, its acting and cinematography.
Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris take sinister to a completely new level!
Its like Hollywood has decided to put my darkest and most fucked up fantasies into a TV show and I fucking love it!
I believe, if done right, this could be the show that replaces GoT!
24-11-2016, 08:57 AM
been following Dirk Gently's holistic detective agency lately - love the humour and the actors. pretty crazy though but really funny
24-11-2016, 12:20 PM
Just finished Penny Dreadful. Great story. But the ending feels unfofilling. I won't ruin it should anyone want to watch it.

But the basic premise is that it's placed in Victorian England and all the classic monsters like Dr. Frankenstein, Dracula, Witches those sort of monsters exist. And how our hero's deal with these forces of the supernatural. A great representation of each of the creatures and makes you fear these beasts again.

I am going to talk about the ending so be forwarned.
The ending feels unsatisfactory. They end one hero's ark, but so many things are left unfinished. Dracula gets away, one of the side characters was going to take a trip to Egypt. So it sound like the where going to introduce mummies. The bride of Frankenstein is a psychopath and is allowed to get away. Dr. Jekel never turns into Mr. Hyde. Nothing is fixed, It just feels really rushed. I read an interview though. The creators said it was intentional. They just felt they were done.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
26-11-2016, 10:49 AM
WestWorld is awesome. I'll hopefully be watching latest episode today.

If you program a robot to act angry & violent as a reaction to certain things that may happen around them in order for them to appear as human as possible, then when they begin to remember all the death & rape that YOU put them through, oh that's when the shit hits the fan.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
28-11-2016, 08:19 PM
(24-11-2016 12:20 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Just finished Penny Dreadful. Great story. But the ending feels unfofilling. I won't ruin it should anyone want to watch it.

But the basic premise is that it's placed in Victorian England and all the classic monsters like Dr. Frankenstein, Dracula, Witches those sort of monsters exist. And how our hero's deal with these forces of the supernatural. A great representation of each of the creatures and makes you fear these beasts again.

I am going to talk about the ending so be forwarned.
The ending feels unsatisfactory. They end one hero's ark, but so many things are left unfinished. Dracula gets away, one of the side characters was going to take a trip to Egypt. So it sound like the where going to introduce mummies. The bride of Frankenstein is a psychopath and is allowed to get away. Dr. Jekel never turns into Mr. Hyde. Nothing is fixed, It just feels really rushed. I read an interview though. The creators said it was intentional. They just felt they were done.
Loved Penny Dreadful, even though it has many flaws, however every scene with Caliban is bloody wonderful. In particular his speech in this scene:

The actor did a fantastic job the whole series.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
05-12-2016, 09:18 PM
Just finished up with the finale of Westworld. Excellent. Thumbsup
06-12-2016, 05:24 AM
Westworld got swallowed up in its own pretentiousness. The timeline makes no fucking sense. And WTF Bernard? Like, nobody notices? Tongue

Still one of my favorite shows though. Wink

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
06-12-2016, 05:45 AM
(05-12-2016 09:18 PM)pablo Wrote:  Just finished up with the finale of Westworld. Excellent. Thumbsup

Me too.
It was excellent !!!

Given Ford's ability to create life like robots, I would also imagine he had one that looks and acts like himself.
And that's all I'll say on that.

In the new narrative, I wonder how much focus they will put into justice, law & order. How skidish would a human be knowing the were going to fast draw against a machine ? When their life is truly on the line, would they risk it all to save a machine that can be repaired ?

And I think I realized, just this moment, what Ford's ultimate goal is, by doing what he did at the end.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results