What show have you recently given up on?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2016, 11:21 PM
What show have you recently given up on?
We need a new thread. Big Grin

I'll go first.

So, I have recently given up on Lost Girl, I am sad to say. I blew through the first few seasons but this 4th one has been a slog and it was actually a bit of a task getting through the 3rd season (moreso than the first two, anyway).

I could never quite get on board with the whole Doccubus pairing. I would rather have seen Bo get back with Dyson as they seemed to have more on-screen chemistry than she and Lauren. Hell, I even would have been happy to see Bo getting with Tamsin as Tamsin was a Valkyrie and just fucking awesome, but apparently that is not what happens later on. But I mean, that's not the reason entire that I'm giving up on the show. It's been kind of a trainwreck of late and I find myself not caring. Bo has become more or less a bitch who thinks she is just the best thing since sliced cake. I thought she was cool until everyone seemed to keep going on and on about how great she was and then it was overkill. I could go on but I feel myself rambling and not making much sense.

What show or shows have you recently thrown the towel in on? Hobo

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
26-01-2016, 12:22 AM
RE: What show have you recently given up on?
The walking dead. I find it boring and I don't care for any of the characters.
[+] 3 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
26-01-2016, 12:57 AM
Game of thrones.

I found it to be too much like a soap opera.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
26-01-2016, 02:27 PM
Quantico became silly in its attempted complexity.

Chicago Fire. Soap opera.

Mercy Street is at risk.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-01-2016, 02:40 PM
Gave up on season 2 of True Detective. It was awful, especially in comparison to how incredible the first season was!

I should've gave up on the last few seasons of Dexter, but it was like a trainwreck I couldn't avert my eyes from.
[+] 1 user Likes UndauntedToast's post
26-01-2016, 04:51 PM
Game of Thrones

The Blacklist

The Walking Dead is walking on thin ice.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
26-01-2016, 04:54 PM
Walking Dead....hard to find the motivation to watch more as they drag stuff out instead of reach plot points. I think I'm a season behind.

Game of Thrones...I like it, but I don't have the channel to watch it legally. I don't know when I will get around to Season 5.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
26-01-2016, 05:11 PM
Hannibal - I have to pay for season 3. I binged on that show while I was sick the last few weeks.

New Girl - watched the first several seasons starting last summer, then it got boring

Walking Dead - gave up on that when my ex moved out. We would watch it together. So I'm a year behind.

That's all my shows in the past 18 months. Maybe I'll start watching Game of Thrones. But only if the first season gets added to Amazon Prime. I'll watch the Bachelor/ette again when I move back in with my parents.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
26-01-2016, 08:48 PM
I know this is old hat but everyone I knew who were TV addicts thought Breaking Bad was the greatest show ever... I slogged thru, I guess, about 3 1/2 seasons and it became predictable with violence for the sake of violence, and just boring. Never watched the rest...meh...
26-01-2016, 09:22 PM
I started Terra Nova and stopped quickly. Why does every drama need to be cop-themed? Seems like almost all of them feature law enforcement. Sci-fi is sometimes a little better about it. In Terra Nova, the sympathetic criminal from the dystopic future breaks out of prison and into his family's group of time traveling colonists to the deep past with dinosaurs, and for some reason he has to _also_ be a cop. Serves no purpose at all.

Nothing against any real police people. I just find their overwhelming media presence monotonous and a little bizzarre.