What show have you recently given up on?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2016, 09:27 PM
RE: What show have you recently given up on?
After reading everyone's list I have to say I have never watched any of those shows, most I've never heard of. Huh

I gave up watching The Good Wife.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
26-01-2016, 09:34 PM
Agents of Shield. So sick of comic book shows and movies. Although I did enjoy Lucifer, from which was derived from a graphic novel series I believe.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
26-01-2016, 09:42 PM
I haven't seen any of the shows mentioned in this thread. Glad I didn't now. Yes
26-01-2016, 09:46 PM
I gave up Greys Anatomy, and I'm a better person for it. Smile

I watched the first season of Game of Thrones, it was ok, but the second season...totally lost interest.

Walking Dead -- so many people I know just love that show. I wanted to feel included, but after season 4 decided it truly wasn't for me.

Years ago, when Mulder left the XFiles I stopped watching. I also gave up on Enterprise (which was totally a huge thing for those who knew me) after two episodes.

More recently, I gave up on The Following, which the first season was excellent and super creepy, but then in the second season just went sideways stupid.

I guess you could say I gave up on The Simpsons.

I gave up on How I Met Your Mother, even though I could watch it on Netflix. It's just boring and after a few seasons I didn't care.

I also walked away from Desperate Housewives after a plane crashed on the street (I nearly stopped after the tornado).

depemding on how the next season plays out on House of Cards I might be done.

I am done with orange is the new black. I really don't care if they stay in jail or not.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-01-2016, 09:49 PM
DH's jumped the plane! Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
27-01-2016, 05:48 AM
I don't easily give up on a show I've "invested" in Blush

That said, I think the only show I've actually given up was Salem. I knew I couldn't watch anymore after only a few seconds in the second season.

As for the Walking Dead, I'm not giving up on it because I know the only reason it hasn't been that good lately is because it's been catching up with the comics and they need to take it slow because they have no material to work on.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
27-01-2016, 06:19 AM
I recently binge watched Prison Break on Netflix until they got to Mexico or where ever. Once they escaped from prison and pretty much evaded pursuit it got boring fast.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
27-01-2016, 07:27 AM
(26-01-2016 08:48 PM)JakSiemasz Wrote:  I know this is old hat but everyone I knew who were TV addicts thought Breaking Bad was the greatest show ever... I slogged thru, I guess, about 3 1/2 seasons and it became predictable with violence for the sake of violence, and just boring. Never watched the rest...meh...

HERESY!!!!!

Wink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
27-01-2016, 07:58 AM
(26-01-2016 04:54 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Game of Thrones...I like it, but I don't have the channel to watch it legally. I don't know when I will get around to Season 5.
I buy it on my Kindle fire for $30 for a season, a lot less than subscribing to HBO. It's a 1st gen Kindle, so I can run an HDMI cable to the TV.
27-01-2016, 11:03 AM
(27-01-2016 07:27 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(26-01-2016 08:48 PM)JakSiemasz Wrote:  I know this is old hat but everyone I knew who were TV addicts thought Breaking Bad was the greatest show ever... I slogged thru, I guess, about 3 1/2 seasons and it became predictable with violence for the sake of violence, and just boring. Never watched the rest...meh...

HERESY!!!!!

Wink
Down, down, Heisenberg.......