What show have you recently given up on?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2016, 12:29 PM
RE: What show have you recently given up on?
(27-01-2016 06:19 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I recently binge watched Prison Break on Netflix until they got to Mexico or where ever. Once they escaped from prison and pretty much evaded pursuit it got boring fast.

Ironically the same reason I got bored with Walking Dead...they sought refuge in a prison...and the show became dull fast. After a while I lost interest.

There was another show...I started watching...

Scandal? I stopped after two seasons...it follows the same formula as greys anatomy...no clue if they're related in some way. Consider

I slogged through a binge watch of Nurse Jackie while I was dealing with mother in law issues. It was ok -- it could have ended long before in my opinion...until I got to the ending...and felt it was too Sopranos like...pissed me off.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2016, 02:46 PM
(26-01-2016 05:11 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Hannibal - I have to pay for season 3. I binged on that show while I was sick the last few weeks.

You are really missing out, the last half of Season 3 with the Red Dragon is absolutely fantastic.

As for me I gave up on Walking Dead with complete disdain for the writers. The nonsense with Glen and the dumpster was one of the biggest examples of lazy shock writing with no consequence or sense. Nothing but bloody plot armour laziness.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
31-01-2016, 02:53 PM
I am almost done with Wentworth and need suggestions...my daughter suggested Californication but I am just not a Duchovny fan...is it worth a shot or do you have other ideas?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
01-02-2016, 12:42 PM
I enjoyed the first season of Once Upon a Time, but this year I gave up. I could have just as easily have given up last year. It's just no longer interesting and there seems to be no end game.

Religion is proof that invisible men can obscure your vision.
Visit my blog
Follow me on Twitter @TwoCultSurvivor
01-02-2016, 01:27 PM
(31-01-2016 02:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am almost done with Wentworth and need suggestions...my daughter suggested Californication but I am just not a Duchovny fan...is it worth a shot or do you have other ideas?

What kinda show are you looking for Anjele?

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
01-02-2016, 01:27 PM
I guess I don't watch much TV. I usually watch NOVA and Frontline on PBS and not much else. A little Downton Abbey and Game of Throne, mostly for the excellent costumes. I've never seen any of the other shows mentioned. Hate cop, medical and detective shows so that eliminates most of what's on tv.

I watch old, old movies, that's what I watch. Old as in, 1930's and 40's. Love old movies. Heart

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
01-02-2016, 01:39 PM
I think I've given up on a Danish show called Bedrag. (Deceit.) It lost a lot when the big bad (green)energy company was close to discovering limitless energy. The last was when police was questioning a witness to an accident (that we knew to be no accident at all) like she was a suspect. It was too obvious that she was supposed to get suspicious of her workplace. (the big bad (green)energy company.)

Meh I guess I'm back to not watching TV again.
03-02-2016, 10:26 PM
Well my flatmates insisted that Rick and Morty was a bit of me. I got three episodes in and decided that nope. I'll stick to my Bobs Burgers thank you very much.

[Image: oscar.png]
06-02-2016, 09:01 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2016 09:10 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
Fargo, and for that matter all crime/medical shows. They've become uninteresting to me and they're so overdone.

06-02-2016, 09:18 PM
(01-02-2016 01:27 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(31-01-2016 02:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am almost done with Wentworth and need suggestions...my daughter suggested Californication but I am just not a Duchovny fan...is it worth a shot or do you have other ideas?

What kinda show are you looking for Anjele?

Just saw this...my bad. Blush

I don't really care for horror or science fiction but am pretty open to suggestions on anything else.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF