What sin does everyone supposedly have?! A rant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2016, 09:24 PM
RE: What sin does everyone supposedly have?! A rant
(31-01-2016 09:11 PM)coyote Wrote:  Wow, so many angry atheists here. Isn't it possible to, if you are going to celebrate someone's tradition with them, simply relax and do exactly that?

Hanging out here I'm starting to grasp the religious objections to atheists.

You mean disengage our reasoning faculty and just drift? You mean like when reading a fantasy story or watching Star Wars or Harry Potter? Since religion is based on false premises to begin with, who cares about religious objections?

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2016, 09:27 PM
(31-01-2016 09:14 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(31-01-2016 09:03 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  You're sin is that you think for youself. You don't just accept every word from the preacher's pie hole on faith. If this is a sin then let us all be unrelenting sinners.
I definitely know what your sin is! Tongue
*Your
*yourself
*unrepenting (I think that's the word you meant to use)
Sorry. I hate typing on my ipad.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
31-01-2016, 09:30 PM
(31-01-2016 09:27 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(31-01-2016 09:14 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I definitely know what your sin is! Tongue
*Your
*yourself
*unrepenting (I think that's the word you meant to use)
Sorry. I hate typing on my ipad.

Well, clearly you nede to ripont for your transgorsions or elkse Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
31-01-2016, 09:31 PM
(31-01-2016 09:12 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(31-01-2016 09:11 PM)coyote Wrote:  Wow, so many angry atheists here. Isn't it possible to, if you are going to celebrate someone's tradition with them, simply relax and do exactly that?

Angry?

So it's not black and white to you?

No, it's not black and white.

I'm atheist. AND I am ok with whatever people want to believe. Life is difficult, and anything that makes it easier for you to get through it is fine by me. As long as they aren't trying to force it into our political and education systems, I will support them in believing what they believe and share their celebrations with them.
[+] 1 user Likes coyote's post
31-01-2016, 09:36 PM
(31-01-2016 09:31 PM)coyote Wrote:  
(31-01-2016 09:12 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Angry?

I'm atheist. AND I am ok with whatever people want to believe. Life is difficult, and anything that makes it easier for you to get through it is fine by me. As long as they aren't trying to force it into our political and education systems, I will support them in believing what they believe and share their celebrations with them.
Yes and not supporting someone doesn't equal anger.

That's why I questioned you angle.

Also some people literally have no desire for tradition of their own or others. Caring or not caring to celebrate a tradition means nothing to relevance of anger or acceotence to someone. It's a value not all people care for

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
31-01-2016, 09:41 PM
(31-01-2016 09:31 PM)coyote Wrote:  As long as they aren't trying to force it into our political and education systems, I will support them in believing what they believe and share their celebrations with them.

Are you not living in the United States? I ask because that is absolutely what they're doing here. They have attempted to force creationism into school curriculum. Religion is almost a requirement for political office if you live in the south. Planned Parenthood, civil marriage rights, scientific research, etc. have all been impeded by religious beliefs. To me, demanding that the creation story be taught alongside evolution is no less offensive than demanding that black magic be taught alongside chemistry. I'd say those are legitimate reasons to be angry, or at the very least, irritated.

But yes, I am greatful for Christmas. I do love that holiday. Tongue

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 3 users Like guitar_nut's post
31-01-2016, 09:42 PM
(31-01-2016 09:31 PM)coyote Wrote:  
(31-01-2016 09:12 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Angry?

It sounds to me like he did just that. He did't get up and start ranting. One can be tolerant of others while at the same time disagreeing.

[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
31-01-2016, 10:15 PM
(31-01-2016 09:41 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  
(31-01-2016 09:31 PM)coyote Wrote:  As long as they aren't trying to force it into our political and education systems, I will support them in believing what they believe and share their celebrations with them.

Are you not living in the United States? I ask because that is absolutely what they're doing here. They have attempted to force creationism into school curriculum. Religion is almost a requirement for political office if you live in the south. Planned Parenthood, civil marriage rights, scientific research, etc. have all been impeded by religious beliefs. To me, demanding that the creation story be taught alongside evolution is no less offensive than demanding that black magic be taught alongside chemistry. I'd say those are legitimate reasons to be angry, or at the very least, irritated.

But yes, I am greatful for Christmas. I do love that holiday. Tongue

After reading comments like this about how religious the US is. I feel lucky to live up here in hockey land. I don't think creation has much of a chance of getting into classrooms up here. Hell, there're even talks of taking god(2000's) out of O Canada and making it more gender(1990's) neutral, HAH!!! With the majority Liberal government, it may actually happen.
31-01-2016, 10:55 PM

Would you please quote what you saw as anger?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
31-01-2016, 11:17 PM

[Image: Crying+Baby+Natural+High+for+Some+Moms.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post