What sort of evidence would it take for atheists to believe in a creator?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
30-01-2014, 10:24 PM
RE: What sort of evidence would it take for atheists to believe in a creator?
(30-01-2014 10:07 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 04:46 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  I have no idea why this dependence on the lack of evidence results in a lack of belief.

Quite possibly the stupidest thing ever uttered on Teh Interwebz.

ShitStainedShirt ain't stupid, but you wouldn't know it from that post. Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-01-2014, 10:33 PM
(30-01-2014 10:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 10:07 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Quite possibly the stupidest thing ever uttered on Teh Interwebz.

ShitStainedShirt ain't stupid, but you wouldn't know it from that post. Big Grin

He's a willfully and belligerently ignorant and obtuse troll, which makes for stupid in my book. YMMV.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
30-01-2014, 10:44 PM
(30-01-2014 10:33 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 10:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ShitStainedShirt ain't stupid, but you wouldn't know it from that post. Big Grin

He's a willfully and belligerently ignorant and obtuse troll, which makes for stupid in my book. YMMV.

...if you really believe that, and you still interact with him...Consider

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
30-01-2014, 11:41 PM
(30-01-2014 10:44 PM)toadaly Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 10:33 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  He's a willfully and belligerently ignorant and obtuse troll, which makes for stupid in my book. YMMV.

...if you really believe that, and you still interact with him...Consider

It's quite amusing to me, and it keeps the puppy on his paper and out of everybody else's hair, for the most part. Consider

30-01-2014, 11:48 PM
(30-01-2014 11:41 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  It's quite amusing to me, and it keeps the puppy on his paper and out of everybody else's hair, for the most part. Consider

I can see that....thanks! Evil_monster

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
30-01-2014, 11:57 PM
(30-01-2014 11:48 PM)toadaly Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 11:41 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  It's quite amusing to me, and it keeps the puppy on his paper and out of everybody else's hair, for the most part. Consider

I can see that....thanks! Evil_monster

No Problem. Cheers! Thumbsup

31-01-2014, 03:43 AM
(30-01-2014 10:07 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 04:46 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  I have no idea why this dependence on the lack of evidence results in a lack of belief.

Quite possibly the stupidest thing ever uttered on Teh Interwebz.

You are dishonest, but this is of no surprise to me.

I said this:

Given the variation and highly subjective nature of what would be deemed to be acceptable evidence, I have no idea why this dependence on the lack of evidence results in a lack of belief.
[+] 1 user Likes Brownshirt's post
31-01-2014, 03:56 AM
(30-01-2014 09:51 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 04:16 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  How would you know that I was obnoxious (like you presume me to be) in real life? As shown by the question mark "?", this is an actual question.

Quote:All your presumptuous prejudiced posts demonstrate your extreme prejudice, and your obnoxious self, since you got here. Only an idiot could miss that.

3. More irrelevant drivel. You are very good at that.

You still asked a question, that you can't recognise that makes me wonder about Harvard's entrance exam.

(30-01-2014 04:16 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  4. You don't grasp much do you? (This is rhetorical) You claim to have reached igtheism/atheism without being influenced by anyone else. I would call bullshit. Do you deny any cultural impact, or by today's scientific paradigms, educational system, hell you may have even read some books which swayed your thought. Your claim of being an ideological island would require some justification would it not?

Quote:More bullshit. I said I, (as in ME) studied the origins and culture of the Bible and ancient Near East. With that information, I made MY OWN decisions. No one did it for me. AN atheist is someone who is not a theist. I am not a theist. You continue to attempt to FORCE your definitions on others, you ignorant perverse troll. In fact the STUDY of religion had the MOST influence. Every human collects information, and draws a conclusion. Your attempt to invalidate, and devalue that process is preposterous, and idiotic. It's called "education".

You need to write with more clarity, otherwise I will assume what you've written is true. I am not a theist, so based on your logic I'm an atheist. How hypocritical of you.

(30-01-2014 04:16 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Very original, this has been used by tourette's. Are you a sock-puppet?

No dear. Your bullshit just brings out the best in people. Your presumptuous need for cognitive closure is what is dreary.
I see you have no real position, nor can you answer your critics. You NEED to project your opinions on others. That's the ONLY way you can deal with life. How pathetic.

Yes, I should pretend that the riddle of existence is about to be answered. What exactly are you doing in aid of keeping the doors open (AKA constant cognitive questioning) and why is this of any benefit to anyone?

I would love to hear why you think I have no position. I criticise other people's positions as I disagree, if this makes you sad or angry, life is always going to a struggle for you.
31-01-2014, 04:04 AM
Can we have an end of season recap, i was thinking the conversation had got away from me intellectually, but on closer inspection it seems mostly semantic word salad.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
31-01-2014, 04:11 AM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2014 05:45 AM by houseofcantor.)
(31-01-2014 03:43 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 10:07 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Quite possibly the stupidest thing ever uttered on Teh Interwebz.

You are dishonest, but this is of no surprise to me.

I said this:

Given the variation and highly subjective nature of what would be deemed to be acceptable evidence, I have no idea why this dependence on the lack of evidence results in a lack of belief.

Tangibility. What you said was kinda stupid, but the stupidest thing I ever heard on teh netz was quantum mechanics only applies to humans. (From an xtard site promoting "the science of god.) That still cracks me up.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post