What special tricks can you do?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2014, 12:43 AM
RE: What special tricks can you do?
(30-01-2014 12:37 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 11:23 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  So, I am attempting to relearn this yoga pose, called crow.

[Image: e1fa5f21-be05-4ba2-aba8-9882c9ad9270_zps36a1b00f.jpg]

Why is that called "crow"? that doesn't look like a crow at all!
This is a crow:
[Image: AP%20HART93%2020Mar10%20cutout_kjm5340.png]

(29-01-2014 11:23 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  One of the ways to get into it is to do a head stand and ease down into it. The other way is to do downward dog and jump into, which seems more dangerous (bleeding noses and such).

Since I was twelve and up until a few years ago I could do a head stand. This morning I wanted to see if I still could so I would know if this is a possible root for me, and yup I can! I can hold it for awhile, too. Cool I was pretty proud.

What can the talented TTA folk do?

Hand stands, cartwheels? Basic summer saults? Big Grin Fold like a pretzel, ride a unicycle?

On subject: As far as I am aware, I have absolutely no talents whatsoever, let alone physical abilities like being able to perform cartwheels and such...

I think from the front it more accurately resembles the crow. There aren't many photos to showcase this though.

[Image: crow2_zps90ec45ec.jpg]

I bet you have a special talent.

I have another one I just remembered, I'm going to try to find a photo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
30-01-2014, 12:53 AM
(30-01-2014 12:43 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 12:37 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Why is that called "crow"? that doesn't look like a crow at all!
This is a crow:
[Image: AP%20HART93%2020Mar10%20cutout_kjm5340.png]

On subject: As far as I am aware, I have absolutely no talents whatsoever, let alone physical abilities like being able to perform cartwheels and such...

I think from the front it more accurately resembles the crow. There aren't many photos to showcase this though.

That still looks nothing like a crow...

Don't know what it looks like, but it's certainly not a crow...

(30-01-2014 12:43 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I bet you have a special talent.

As far as I am aware, I don't.
Don't do anything particularly well that most can't do better. Hell half the time I'm exceedingly incompetent... Does failure count as a talent?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
30-01-2014, 01:01 AM
(30-01-2014 12:41 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Not mockery at all. Girly could probably find the photo quickly, if I have time I'll see if I can.
I know which photo you're talking about, unfortunately. No

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
30-01-2014, 01:11 AM
Vosur, your hand thing made my skin crawl.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-01-2014, 01:18 AM
(30-01-2014 12:53 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 12:43 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I think from the front it more accurately resembles the crow. There aren't many photos to showcase this though.

That still looks nothing like a crow...

(30-01-2014 12:43 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I bet you have a special talent.

Don't do anything particularly well that most can't do better. Hell half the time I'm exceedingly incompetent... Does failure count as a talent?

What about the pigeon pose, looks like a pigeon?

[Image: pigeon-e1338738413918_zps5f84afe9.jpg]

lol.

Can you cross your eyes? I can one, independently of the other, I can move it in under the lid too, so I have one all white eye. It's discussing. My dad flips his eyelids inside out, is SOOO GROSSS!!!!

(Not my dad, some internet guy)
[Image: flippedeyelid_zps3298ebea.jpg]

Beatboxing, cartoon voices? lol
30-01-2014, 01:55 AM
(30-01-2014 01:18 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 12:53 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  That still looks nothing like a crow...

What about the pigeon pose, looks like a pigeon?

[Image: pigeon-e1338738413918_zps5f84afe9.jpg]

That doesn't look like a pigeon... Why do they call things things when the things don't look like the things they named them after?!

(30-01-2014 01:18 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Can you cross your eyes? I can one, independently of the other, I can move it in under the lid too, so I have one all white eye. It's discussing. My dad flips his eyelids inside out, is SOOO GROSSS!!!!

(Not my dad, some internet guy)
[Image: flippedeyelid_zps3298ebea.jpg]

Beatboxing, cartoon voices? lol

I can cross my eyes for a second or so before considerable pain sets in, but I figured everybody can do that. Doesn't seem like much of a talent.
As to your other suggestions, I certainly can't beatbox or anything like that, but I do have some control over my voice, which still doesn't seem like a 'talent' to me, everybody can do it and I don't do it especially well.

Though my history teacher seemed to think that I am a decent writer. I think all my writing is utter shite though, so I suppose that's up to your personal choice.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
30-01-2014, 02:14 AM
I can lick my eyebrows...

Dodgy

... ladies.

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
30-01-2014, 02:16 AM
I can bend over backward an amazing feat for a chubby human
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-01-2014, 02:32 AM
I've got a bunch of weird physical quirks. Both hand things that were pictured on page one. I can also relax the joints in my fingers so much that they feel like jello and flop around when flicked, or dragged creepily across someone's skin. I can touch my thumbs to the ajoined forearm. I can scratch anywhere on my back (itchy back... Itchy back. Itch. Itch. Are you itchy? I think so, and so do you...). Put my feet together behind my head. Twist my feet around so they are facing backward while I walk forward. Control my shoulder blade protrusion without moving other parts of my body. Move my eyes independently kind of like in a newtons cradle motion where I transfer the movement to the other eye whenever they meet in the middle. I can put my tongue to the back of my throat and up into my nasal cavity. Play operation while only looking in a mirror. Handstand pushups. Make convincing elephant sounds. Make my wrists larger and deform my hands enough to escape most handcuffs. Dislocate my left shoulder. Get my tied hands from behind my back to the front. Perform a human flag for over 30 seconds. Climb a gym rope without using feet. And a bunch of other things I can't remember right now.

I can't juggle, roll a coin across my fingers, or cartwheel... And I find a use for those things all the time. Its frustrating.
30-01-2014, 02:37 AM
(30-01-2014 02:32 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I can't juggle, roll a coin across my fingers, or cartwheel... And I find a use for those things all the time. Its frustrating.
You are able to find a use for things you cannot do? Interesting. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]