What the “Ignore List” is good for

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2012, 10:36 PM
RE: What the “Ignore List” is good for
(01-03-2012 10:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-03-2012 09:09 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  
(01-03-2012 08:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-03-2012 07:13 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  That's disturbing but awesome at the same time Tongue

Disturbingly awesome. ... Think we could start a new genre?

Yes indeed Big Grin

Maybe even a meme. Smile

What about a youyou? Big Grin

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
01-03-2012, 10:38 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 10:39 PM by kingschosen.)
(01-03-2012 03:49 PM)Zat Wrote:  The reason I don't put KC on my ignore list is that I am convinced of his HONESTY.

I think he really, sincerely, believes in all that gibberish he is telling us and I respect that.

You know, it never actually crossed my mind that someone would put me on ignore based on the foundations of my beliefs or my opinions...

But, thank you... I think.
(01-03-2012 10:36 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  
(01-03-2012 10:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-03-2012 09:09 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  
(01-03-2012 08:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-03-2012 07:13 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  That's disturbing but awesome at the same time Tongue

Disturbingly awesome. ... Think we could start a new genre?

Yes indeed Big Grin

Maybe even a meme. Smile

What about a youyou? Big Grin

groangroan

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
01-03-2012, 10:44 PM
(01-03-2012 10:01 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  They want to preach, and I don't want to be preached at.

Pretty much sums it up.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
02-03-2012, 04:55 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2012 06:11 AM by Zat.)
Buddy dear, if you were truly honest, that leaves only two other possibilities (mental and/or ethical), and neither of those can be helped! Sad

I truly did my best, but my communication skills are not good enough to penetrate everywhere, through every wall (especially the very thick ones).

It's just too much work, time for somebody else to do it!

I definitely need an R&R.

A long one.

Pixels on the screen, pixels on the screen,
They all want to shout, they all want to scream,
What shall I do with pixels on the screen?
Luckily a click will wipe them clean!

Cool
02-03-2012, 05:01 AM
I found that ignore lists are usually what I get put on after slapping some blatant narcissist down a notch (of course after he leaves a comment that supposedly 'owned' me)

It's also where I find myself being placed by all of his brownnosers after I reply to their spamming of "FUCK YOU FOR NOT LIKING THIS GUY!" forty times by either emotionally or intellectually destroying them, causing them again to apparently 'own' me (usually with "You're just an overweight middle aged man who lives in his mother's basement, guffaw!") and add me to ignore.

Yes... I'm a troll >.> Of the old style. *holds a battered sword and stands there looking about 85, and mildly heroic*

0:3

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
[+] 1 user Likes Cetaceaphile's post
02-03-2012, 01:48 PM
I've never used the ignore list, I don't know why anyone would. If you don't agree with someone and think they are beyond debate then just don't respond to them. If you place them on ignore it could be that they are posting things that either show you misjudged them or show they've changed and you would never know.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
02-03-2012, 02:04 PM
(02-03-2012 01:48 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I've never used the ignore list, I don't know why anyone would. If you don't agree with someone and think they are beyond debate then just don't respond to them. If you place them on ignore it could be that they are posting things that either show you misjudged them or show they've changed and you would never know.

I partially agree to that mentality. I've never used the ignore list here and only have at other forums in rare occasions.

I usually put it on people who communicate like Wendy Wright toward Richard Dawkins in that mind destroying video. If they just laugh everytime you mention a point and switch to other subjects without admitting or correcting their mistakes ever.

Even then I prefer ignore list that let you hit a button to view a comment at any point because, if there is a conversation going on with others you can see their post and get what is being said. In that case the ignore button becomes a warning to know this person usually argues like a goon.
03-03-2012, 06:07 AM
I think that most of us here are anti-ignorance so why would we want to be ignorants?

But it's interesting to know now that that feature exists. Cheers.

(if there are no replies after this, I will take it that I am on everyone's ignore list and slip quietly away nursing my paranoia, never to be heard of again. 'Tis a far better thing that I do now.... [fade to black] )