What the Fuck?!? When did the Swiss go all woowoo?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2012, 03:34 PM
What the Fuck?!? When did the Swiss go all woowoo?
"In contrast to this subsidiary result, which was of little relevance for the political decision, the much more comprehensive HTAs ascertained that the individual CAM interventions, especially homeopathy, were effective, under Swiss conditions safe and, as far as could be judged from the trial situation, also cost-efficient."

What the fuck?!? The Swiss must be taking too much of their native son Albert Hoffmann's "problem child". Psst ... don't think he meant for you to take it everyday.

Here's ORAC's take on homeopathy over at the Science Blogs.

If this is true, the Dutch must be drinking in lots of information!

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2012, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2012 03:58 PM by Observer.)
RE: What the Fuck?!? When did the Swiss go all woowoo?
*mildly off topic*
The Coca-cola company bottles the spring water of Chaufontaine in the Belgian village with the same name. In the factory's visitor centre they have this cross section of the geological landscape where they claim that the water they bottle is water purified by nature after a journey of 60 years through the minerals.

Every time I pass the village I stop to take a piss in the woods saying:
"Bottle this CCE"

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 5 users Like Observer's post
19-02-2012, 05:06 PM
(19-02-2012 03:53 PM)Observer Wrote:  *mildly off topic*
The Coca-cola company bottles the spring water of Chaufontaine in the Belgian village with the same name. In the factory's visitor centre they have this cross section of the geological landscape where they claim that the water they bottle is water purified by nature after a journey of 60 years through the minerals.

Every time I pass the village I stop to take a piss in the woods saying:
"Bottle this CCE"

If you took a piss in their spring while you were drunk or stoned the whole frikkin' village should be drunk or stoned by now according to homeopathy. ... Wait, are they?

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-02-2012, 12:30 AM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2012 12:34 AM by Erxomai.)
Their army dresses like this and you have to ask when they went woowoo?Rolleyes

[Image: CH_Swiss-Guard800.jpg]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
20-02-2012, 04:13 AM
Chapter 4 looks at the science behind it in that homeopathy book.......at least thats what I think its intentions are because to be honest I dont understand a lot of what it is saying........maybe somebody else can summarise it???

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
20-02-2012, 05:02 AM
(20-02-2012 12:30 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Their army dresses like this and you have to ask when they went woowoo?Rolleyes

[picture]

That's camouflage.
[+] 1 user Likes rook2004's post
24-02-2012, 04:59 PM
(20-02-2012 05:02 AM)rook2004 Wrote:  
(20-02-2012 12:30 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Their army dresses like this and you have to ask when they went woowoo?Rolleyes

[picture]

That's camouflage.

What the fuck are they hiding against?
A circus tent?
Are the medals for going out in public dressed like a jester or for just getting dressed and keeping a straight face?

“We’re being attacked!”
“Quick, give the enemy all our shrooms and we’ll be able to hide in the hallucinations!”

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 7 users Like Karl's post
24-02-2012, 08:12 PM
(24-02-2012 04:59 PM)Karl Wrote:  “Quick, give the enemy all our shrooms and we’ll be able to hide in the hallucinations!”

Best line I've read all week!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
24-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Yep I'm in a tremendously bad mood and the shrooms line got a pretty hearty guffaw out of me. Thanks.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post