What the fuck is Atheist fundamentalism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2015, 11:58 AM
What the fuck is Atheist fundamentalism?
Yeah... that's about it really. Being an avid viewer of religious vs non religious debates I've noticed a massive increase in all the religious people ganging up and going on about a massive threat being atheist fundamentalism. What the fuck is that?

It's like over the thousands of years non-believers have had to suffer the most under the iron fist of religion while religions battled each other about whose is the "truest" and now we finally can express ourselves they're all ganging up on us as a common enemy. Fuck sake. Atheist fundamentalism. What are the fundamentals? Lacking in belief?

I think it comes from the religious that seem to think if you're an atheist then you're a nihilist basically.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2015, 12:07 PM
RE: What the fuck is Atheist fundamentalism?
While the word combo doesn't make much sense, people who say that probably believe atheists are out to do the following.

1. Mock religion and the religious.
2. Remove religion from everybody's life, including their personal life.
3. Start a war with god.
4. Welcome Satan into the world.

Dodgy

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
13-04-2015, 12:14 PM
It's just nonsense from the people who like to say atheism is a religion.
They need to keep the world in their little categories, or else they get diarrhea.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-04-2015, 12:24 PM
Argh it's so annoying. You couldn't imagine how much of my life I spend trying to explain atheism to people.

[+] 1 user Likes SunnyD1's post
13-04-2015, 12:27 PM
Atheist fundamentalism is what you call an atheist who doesn't stay quiet.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 8 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
13-04-2015, 12:29 PM
(13-04-2015 12:27 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Atheist fundamentalism is what you call an atheist who doesn't stay quiet.

I'm coming to think that. Darwin is called a atheist fundamentalist, for what? writing books! lol.

[+] 3 users Like SunnyD1's post
13-04-2015, 12:40 PM
It basically boils down to theists knowing that atheists who speak up as atheists, probably don't like religion. So they think it ironic to label us with religious terms. They don't realize that this undermines their own belief system, but one wouldn't expect rational thought from the religious camp!

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
13-04-2015, 12:41 PM
These memes rise and fall over time. This particular one and others like it just mean that our critiques of fundamentalism sting enough and have enough basis that they feel their only response can be "oh, YEAH? well you do it TOO". Ad hom charges of hypocrisy also create a faux "you live in a glass house so don't cast stones" vibe. Or if you prefer, a "pot, meet kettle" vibe.

It's all designed to put us uppity New Atheist types in our places and get us to ShutTheFuckFUp.

Sadly, it isn't going to happen. Religion is used to unearned deference and respect in the marketplace of ideas. How awful for them that they have to substantiate their claims just like everyone else now!
[+] 2 users Like mordant's post
13-04-2015, 12:46 PM
It's an oxymoron wielded by morons.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
13-04-2015, 12:49 PM
(13-04-2015 12:40 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  It basically boils down to theists knowing that atheists who speak up as atheists, probably don't like religion. So they think it ironic to label us with religious terms. They don't realize that this undermines their own belief system, but one wouldn't expect rational thought from the religious camp!

I'd like to agree, but minds like theirs do not comprehend irony. No

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user