• 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2015, 07:19 PM
What the fuck is a "secular theocracy"?
Huckabee: God's Blessing Would Help Me as President to Stop 'Secular Theocracy'

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2015, 07:20 PM
RE: What the fuck is a "secular theocracy"?
'Murica

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
03-02-2015, 07:21 PM
(03-02-2015 07:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Huckabee: God's Blessing Would Help Me as President to Stop 'Secular Theocracy'

The mad ravings of an ignorant religious lunatic.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
03-02-2015, 08:01 PM
Yet another christian politician who doesn't understand church-state separation.
Even more likely, he just doesn't give a shit.
03-02-2015, 08:06 PM
"It is my personal, humble opinion that anyone seeking to mix church and state has failed to understand the nature and role of either. Being founded upon the principle that all men are created equal and deserving of equal protection under the law is what makes the American system of democracy such a gift to mankind. Attempting to mix the inherently exclusionary imperatives of a particular religion into the resolutely inclusive system of the American constitutional form of government is to work against everything that America stands for. Religion is a personal, subjective affair for the individual; politics and public policy is an impersonal, objective affair for everyone.”
~John Shore

Huckabee is a traitor to the ideals of the American Republic.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
03-02-2015, 08:11 PM
(03-02-2015 07:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Huckabee: God's Blessing Would Help Me as President to Stop 'Secular Theocracy'

I think he means he just wants to stop the secular part that's interfering with the theocracy. Tongue
03-02-2015, 08:11 PM
A nonsensical term used by those opposed to secularism to imply that not promoting any religion is equivalent to a theocracy.

I myself as called a "secular fundamentalist" for supporting Quebec's attempt to ban headscarves. After the election I even made a new flag in advance for Quebec to adopt after the Liberals (led by a guy who lived in Saudi Arabia) turn the place into the Islamic State of Quebecistan.
[Image: hVXWnMe.png]

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
[+] 1 user Likes Res Publica's post
04-02-2015, 07:36 AM
(03-02-2015 07:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  

The mad ravings of an ignorant religious lunatic.

The mad ravings of an ignorant religious lunatic that could soon control the world's largest thermonuclear arsenal.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
04-02-2015, 07:44 AM
An Oxymoron.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
04-02-2015, 07:46 AM
(04-02-2015 07:36 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 07:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  The mad ravings of an ignorant religious lunatic.

The mad ravings of an ignorant religious lunatic that could soon control the world's largest thermonuclear arsenal.

Huckabee is unelectable.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user