What the hell is Gangnam Style?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2012, 05:35 PM
What the hell is Gangnam Style?
Being a nerd, I'm pretty up-to-date on all memes and trends as they appear. But I have no idea where this one came from. South Park did a halloween episode where a bunch of people were dressed as Gangnam Style, and people I know in real life will randomly just go "Gangnam Style!" and start dancing. Then I saw a collegehumor parody called Mitt Romney Style and I had to youtube it. Gangnam Style has 644 million views. And I don't know why. Was it on a popular show or Tosh.0 or something? Granted it's a great video and dance, but 644 million?

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
04-11-2012, 05:44 PM
RE: What the hell is Gangnam Style?
I think Honey Boo Boo was the first one to start this fad.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
04-11-2012, 05:47 PM
I looked it up only yesterday out of curiosity and I don't get it. That's how I know I am not hip. I am not happening.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
04-11-2012, 05:47 PM
(04-11-2012 05:47 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I looked it up only yesterday out of curiosity and I don't get it. That's how I know I am not hip. I am not happening.
You're tragically hip.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
04-11-2012, 05:59 PM
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/gangnam-style

It's the chemtrails, man.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
04-11-2012, 06:26 PM
It's a song by a Korean singer called Psy...the dance (well, dance-ish) moves in the video turned into a huge fad a couple of months ago.

Here's a link to the actual music video. It's not a parody, but if you didn't know better you might guess it was one. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60MQ3AG1c8o
04-11-2012, 06:28 PM
It's a song by a Korean singer named Psy. It's pretty catchy! He says it's about a lifestyle in Korea.

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
04-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Re: What the hell is Gangnam Style?
Its a song about a certain posh area in Soul.

I like the song, but dont like how it encourages Ellen to dance anymore then she already does. Dont feed the Ellen.
04-11-2012, 06:39 PM
If you want to listen to good Korean music, you probably shouldn't listen to Gangnam Style. People at work know that I love to listen to rap from various cultures, and ask me if I've heard of Gangnam Style. I tell them that I only listen to good music, because I have ears.

Contribute to the Community Resource!
[+] 1 user Likes Near's post
05-11-2012, 12:55 AM
There is a new trend in the world, one needs to say something is popular and hip and then 644 million people think it really is... Actually, this is not that new. It has been happening for the last couple of years.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson