What the hell is going on here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2013, 01:24 AM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2013 01:47 AM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
What the hell is going on here?
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/19/us/boston-...?hpt=hp_t1

If you read this article right it makes it sound like Boston is on the verge of an all out riot. A police officer was shot and killed on the MIT campus ending in a high speed chase and a standoff with the suspect.

I suspect this is hyped media bullshit. Not that shooting and killing a cop is mundane, but assaults, murders and robberies are happening all over the United States as well as every other country in the world tonight, but we're intensely covering this. Maybe it's because of the bombings at the Boston Marathon, but this hysteria in the media is really starting to get out of control.

UPDATE: it may be more serious than I previously stated. Massive police operations are underway now in Boston. New reports are claiming that shootouts with police and explosions happening.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2013, 01:49 AM
RE: What the hell is going on here?
The news here said there was a police officer shot, never mentioned anything about a chase or explosions. May well be media bullshit to get people watching.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
19-04-2013, 01:56 AM
Turn on CNN right now.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
19-04-2013, 05:13 AM
(19-04-2013 01:56 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Turn on CNN right now.

The first news service I heard that connected the dots correctly was the BBC over-night.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
19-04-2013, 06:47 AM
It could be quiet enough to hear crickets, but those armed swat team members walking around could probably cause a panic all by themselves! So I'm sure it's big news if you live in those suburbs. I'm sure someone was murdered in downtown KC within the last 8 hours, but I'm not dealing with armored riot vehicles storming up & down the street in front of MY house!

19-04-2013, 07:25 AM
(19-04-2013 01:56 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Turn on CNN right now.

I can't I'm not in America Big Grin

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
19-04-2013, 07:47 AM
(19-04-2013 07:25 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I can't I'm not in America Big Grin

Braggart! Dodgy

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
19-04-2013, 08:10 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/20/us/bos....html?_r=0
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Let's not forget that the guy who died in a shoot out with the police has a partner that may, or may not, feel like going out the same way. So if you live in that area, and have children who'd like to play outside, it's probably a good idea to at least let them know when the guy's caught, and the whole possible-bullets-flying situation is taken care of. The rocket plant that blew up due to lax safety precautions won't disrupt a little-league game.....unless someone was dumb enough to put a playground next to a rocket plant. And the people who died inside the plant died just as tragically, but.......they work in a fuckin rocket plant and shit happens sometimes!