What the hell is going on?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2015, 06:40 PM
RE: What the hell is going on?
(10-07-2015 07:09 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Shit. My other sister is getting divorced now. WTF? Is there something in the water in Illinois? The ink is barely dry on my middle sister's papers and then my older sister and her husband are now divorcing. The worst part is that my BIL is a really, really nice guy and but my sister just isn't happy. This really has rattled my wife who is now scared that I'll follow suit which I have absolutely no intention on doing. Even though we have our differences, I still love her dearly. I would never have guessed that our marriage would be the one that lasted.

Marriage is hard. Just keep reassuring your wife. Show her in little ways how much you care and appreciate her and that should ease her fears and she should return it to you as well.

I think of a good relationship like wheel that spins. When both sides work well, it spins faster...when one person puts in more effort than the other it slows. It doesn't take much to get it spinning again. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-07-2015, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2015 07:46 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: What the hell is going on?
(10-07-2015 07:09 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I would never have guessed that our marriage would be the one that lasted.

ManlyGirl and her family are Catholics. My family is Baptist. They all knew I thought the promise of a postmortem preservation of identity was bullshit. All 4 of her siblings were against our coupling - "It'll never last." The Catholic Church was more accommodating. I made a deal with the devil (er, I mean Catholic Church) and this atheist was married to a good Catholic girl 30 years ago now by a priest in a church. I give the Church credit for that. 30 years later, all 4 of her siblings are divorced. ManlyGirl still occasionally reminds me "You're going to hell, fatboy." but it's more a statement of fact than a point of contention.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post