What the hell is "the welfare state"?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2016, 12:10 PM
What the hell is "the welfare state"?
People on welfare. What's the problem with that? Don't answer that just yet, because I have a few more things I want to work out in my head. Okay, first of all, where do republicans get the idea that people are just lazy? I'm usually very appalled by republican points of view, but I want to open up my mind so I can get in on this logic. Who are these lazy people you're talking about, do you know any lazy people on welfare?

Secondly, I heard one republican say that there has to be some people suffering in order for there to be progress. Businesses need to have more money so they can succeed and drive down prices and become more successful so the employees have better job opportunity. That seems like trickle down economics to me, which is another thing I hear republicans talking about with this.

Thirdly, what the hell are these people talking about anyways? There's never any transparency with what republicans say. People are on welfare? Okay, did you ever ask yourself why? Maybe there really is a finite amount of wealth and certain people are hoarding it all. Maybe there's not very good job opportunities, for whatever reason. Maybe inflation has driven down the value of money, the cost of goods goes up, but there's no raise of wage to compensate?

Fourth and finally, what the fuck is with people always saying the government is printing money? I never hear anyone talking about this except republicans. They always say that the government just keeps printing money which is driving up inflation and I suppose that also contributes to the national debt? I always hear this, but I never hear about how unemployment has dropped substantially under obama's presidency, I always hear about how the health care bill sucks and I don't know why people say that. I suspect it has something to do with the obstructionist congress.

In conclusion, I don't want sacrifice the lives of lower class citizens, I think the idea of class is fucking horrible. I'm feeling the Bern.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mittens Deluxe's post
14-05-2016, 01:47 PM
RE: What the hell is "the welfare state"?
Sounds like a state slogan, Indiana should take it up. Better than The Land of Lincoln's childhood... that's a mega reach.

[Image: 100422-louisville-to-greenville-016.jpg]

A much prettier potential billboard.
[Image: bs_Greetings_from_the_Welfare_State.jpg]

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
14-05-2016, 02:36 PM
(14-05-2016 12:10 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  People on welfare. What's the problem with that? Don't answer that just yet, because I have a few more things I want to work out in my head. Okay, first of all, where do republicans get the idea that people are just lazy? I'm usually very appalled by republican points of view, but I want to open up my mind so I can get in on this logic. Who are these lazy people you're talking about, do you know any lazy people on welfare?

Secondly, I heard one republican say that there has to be some people suffering in order for there to be progress. Businesses need to have more money so they can succeed and drive down prices and become more successful so the employees have better job opportunity. That seems like trickle down economics to me, which is another thing I hear republicans talking about with this.

Thirdly, what the hell are these people talking about anyways? There's never any transparency with what republicans say. People are on welfare? Okay, did you ever ask yourself why? Maybe there really is a finite amount of wealth and certain people are hoarding it all. Maybe there's not very good job opportunities, for whatever reason. Maybe inflation has driven down the value of money, the cost of goods goes up, but there's no raise of wage to compensate?

Fourth and finally, what the fuck is with people always saying the government is printing money? I never hear anyone talking about this except republicans. They always say that the government just keeps printing money which is driving up inflation and I suppose that also contributes to the national debt? I always hear this, but I never hear about how unemployment has dropped substantially under obama's presidency, I always hear about how the health care bill sucks and I don't know why people say that. I suspect it has something to do with the obstructionist congress.

In conclusion, I don't want sacrifice the lives of lower class citizens, I think the idea of class is fucking horrible. I'm feeling the Bern.

Who said there's anything wrong with being lazy????

I had a boss who once told me --- "If you want to find the best way to do a job - give it to the laziest son of a bitch in the shop the job -- and he'll find the easiest way to get the job done. The easiest is almost always the best way....

Hard work is for people who can't figure out how to handle heavy machinery.....

I think you're being a bit myopic about political parties.

The big two BOTH suck the sweat off a dead man's balls.... (no I don't know what that really means -- it's just a favorite line from "Good Morning Vietnam" - and I've been looking for someplace to use it all week....)

And as far as "printing money" --- the MAJORITY of "money" these days is simply a bigassed number with lots of zeroes after it in a computer.... You can print paper money 24/7 these days -- and unless you come up with denominations bigger than a $100 -(lots bigger)--- it will NEVER catch up to the false reality stuck inside those computers. In other words -- inflation isn't because there's too much paper.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
14-05-2016, 02:41 PM
That quote by your old boss is actually by bill gates, I'm pretty sure. Lol.
14-05-2016, 02:42 PM
(14-05-2016 02:41 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  That quote by your old boss is actually by bill gates, I'm pretty sure. Lol.

It would have been around 1992 - so I'm guessing not....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
14-05-2016, 02:43 PM
(14-05-2016 02:36 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(14-05-2016 12:10 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  People on welfare. What's the problem with that? Don't answer that just yet, because I have a few more things I want to work out in my head. Okay, first of all, where do republicans get the idea that people are just lazy? I'm usually very appalled by republican points of view, but I want to open up my mind so I can get in on this logic. Who are these lazy people you're talking about, do you know any lazy people on welfare?

Who said there's anything wrong with being lazy????

I had a boss who once told me --- "If you want to find the best way to do a job - give it to the laziest son of a bitch in the shop the job -- and he'll find the easiest way to get the job done. The easiest is almost always the best way....

Hard work is for people who can't figure out how to handle heavy machinery.....

I think you're being a bit myopic about political parties.

The big two BOTH suck the sweat off a dead man's balls.... (no I don't know what that really means -- it's just a favorite line from "Good Morning Vietnam" - and I've been looking for someplace to use it all week....)

And as far as "printing money" --- the MAJORITY of "money" these days is simply a bigassed number with lots of zeroes after it in a computer.... You can print paper money 24/7 these days -- and unless you come up with denominations bigger than a $100 -(lots bigger)--- it will NEVER catch up to the false reality stuck inside those computers. In other words -- inflation isn't because there's too much paper.....
Why is there so much inflation then? This post seems to leave more questions than answers. Not that I necessarily disagree with you. I've noticed though, that inflation has been something that has been happening for probably over 100 years now. So, if it's always been happening, then how come it's now all of a sudden a bigger problem than before?
14-05-2016, 02:44 PM
I'm also not quite sure why you say that democrats suck. I mean, I'm not crazy about all democrats, but they seem to be a vastly superior party, when it comes to political points of view.
14-05-2016, 02:47 PM
(14-05-2016 02:44 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I'm also not quite sure why you say that democrats suck. I mean, I'm not crazy about all democrats, but they seem to be a vastly superior party, when it comes to political points of view.

That's why they have elections.

Because not everyone agrees.

14-05-2016, 02:51 PM
We have inflation - because there's nothing to check it.

Remember ---- "money" as we know it is no longer a clearly defined thing - as value.

When a gold coin was "money" -- it had a set value - intrinsic in the worth of the metal. The only thing that could actually make the "money" worth more or less - was the demand for the metal it was struck from.

All that make's "money" worth anything these days is PERCEPTION -- that it has an intrinsic worth. In fact it doesn't -- most money is just ones and zeros in a computer -- and can be "created" or "destroyed" at the push of a key.......

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
14-05-2016, 02:53 PM
And I agree about your point, there being nothing wrong with being lazy. I feel like it doesn't speak to the essence of humanity, to say that people who are harder workers are necessarily better people. Hell, I'm personally of the persuasion that putting some people above others, no matter what kind of person they are or what they do, is a double standard. I personally sort of, actually I really, resent the fact that we live in a world that values work, above self fulfillment. I think that's a shallow, subservient and brainwashed way to live. Who's to say that's the most important way to live? Well, people who have something to gain by telling you that, of course. We're sort of stuck in that sort of slavery, so it's no wonder people don't even realize they're slaves. They have to be that way, otherwise the truth will be too difficult for them.