What the hell is wrong with Bill Maher? (Germ Theory Denialism)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2011, 04:05 AM
RE: What the hell is wrong with Bill Maher? (Germ Theory Denialism)
@ Unbeliever

I see your point, but why take a swine flu shot, when 10 people die from swine flu, and 1000 people die from normal flu? Chances of me getting the swine flu are much much less than to catch the "normal" flu, and also, there are tens of thousands of "normal" flu types and the vaccine only covers a part of all those, so if you look at it all, it is all a game of chance. And I like playing, my luck is pretty good. Also, I tend to live as natural as I can, I don't use any sort of pills, drink minimum alcohol, don't smoke tobacco, so those vaccines look too artificial for me. Smile For Gods sake, I grow my own tomatoes and other vegetables in my garden and I don't treat them with any chemicals and they still grow healthy and good.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2011, 04:49 AM
(09-07-2011 04:05 AM)Filox Wrote:  @ Unbeliever

I see your point, but why take a swine flu shot, when 10 people die from swine flu, and 1000 people die from normal flu? Chances of me getting the swine flu are much much less than to catch the "normal" flu, and also, there are tens of thousands of "normal" flu types and the vaccine only covers a part of all those, so if you look at it all, it is all a game of chance. And I like playing, my luck is pretty good. Also, I tend to live as natural as I can, I don't use any sort of pills, drink minimum alcohol, don't smoke tobacco, so those vaccines look too artificial for me. Smile For Gods sake, I grow my own tomatoes and other vegetables in my garden and I don't treat them with any chemicals and they still grow healthy and good.

Vaccines are as "artificial" as any other medical treatment, do you not take antibiotics when you have strep throat as well?

People do not usually die from the flu in today's society, generally I think the only people that should get the flu shot is children, sick people, the elderly, and those living in close quarters with many people (like living in dorms or barracks). Healthy adults really don't need to get the flu shot.

However, you should get inoculated against things like hepatitis, because those disease can do some serious damage, even by today's standards.

So no, you can still use vaccines and live a healthy life. Also, just because it's natural does not make it intrinsically better than man-made. Henna hair dye is usually much more harsh then artificial hair dye for instance.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
09-07-2011, 05:24 AM
I know that. And no, I don't tend to drink antibiotics if I'm not dieing and if my doctor doesn't tell me specifically that I have a nasty infection and I really need to take them. Last time I took any antibiotics was more that 10 if not 15 years ago. Is it because I am extermly healthy or because I smoke weed, or because I live near the sea, or I eat a lot of meat? I have no idea, but the fact is that the less I use pills, the less I get sick. I haven't make my body addicted to all sorts of "outside help", but learned it to fight for its self. I admit, I have a strange view on these kind of things and I train my body in very unusual ways, but it works for me. For now at least...

Only medicine I use is lemon, hot tea, a bit of strong liquor. It cures my throat, temperature and those kind of "light stuff". Also in the winter I always wear a wool sweater with high neck. I guess I wrote this correctly...

-Hunter S. Thompson
09-07-2011, 06:23 AM
(09-07-2011 05:24 AM)Filox Wrote:  I know that. And no, I don't tend to drink antibiotics if I'm not dieing and if my doctor doesn't tell me specifically that I have a nasty infection and I really need to take them. Last time I took any antibiotics was more that 10 if not 15 years ago. Is it because I am extermly healthy or because I smoke weed, or because I live near the sea, or I eat a lot of meat? I have no idea, but the fact is that the less I use pills, the less I get sick. I haven't make my body addicted to all sorts of "outside help", but learned it to fight for its self. I admit, I have a strange view on these kind of things and I train my body in very unusual ways, but it works for me. For now at least...

Only medicine I use is lemon, hot tea, a bit of strong liquor. It cures my throat, temperature and those kind of "light stuff". Also in the winter I always wear a wool sweater with high neck. I guess I wrote this correctly...

Strep throat would probably be one of those nasty infections, it can affect your brain and heart if left untreated. Also vaccines are pretty much teaching your body how to 'fight' for it's self anyways. A vaccine 'infects' your body with a dead or weakened virus, which your immune system fights off, and then remembers what it did to kill that virus, the exact same process which your body uses when you get sick naturally.

An interesting though... mother's used to expose their kids to other kids who had the chicken pox, so their kids would get it, and they would have immunity to it later in life... same concept as a vaccine, but a lot more itchy.

09-07-2011, 09:35 AM
Strep, left untreated, can turn into Scarlet Fever, which can kill you. My mother's uncle died from it (before my mom was born) when he was like 18 or so. Penicillin was not yet widely available and they had no way to treat it, and he died.

I'm a big fan of medical advances, I think the only point here is that drug companies don't always act with our collective best interest at heart and there is nothing wrong with questioning what they say.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
11-07-2011, 03:07 AM
Yes, I do agree with you, but I wait for 2 days to see if my condition is getting better or worse, if it is not getting better, I visit my doctor and act according to her prescriptions. But usually it last for one day and then it starts to get better, so there is no need to panic or use anything except honey, lemon and tea... Don't get me wrong, I am not against doctors or medicine, I simply don't have a need for them, but if I need something, I do listen to the doctors opinion when they have one.

-Hunter S. Thompson
11-07-2011, 02:19 PM
(08-07-2011 06:33 PM)BnW Wrote:  How long a list would you like? I'll throw a few things out and you can tell me if you want more:

<snip>

This is just a scratch at the surface of this. If you want, we can get into falsified environmental reports from the government on air quality, risks from carcinogens, even global warming. However deep you want to go on this, I can certainly go.

Thanks, that was very interesting. But I'd like to point out that I'm not actually accusing anyone of anything, or saying that there has never been a cover-up. I was just wondering what in particular you two were talking about (and particularly Filox, since he seems to be of the mind that the vaccines are ultimately pointless and/or cannot be trusted).

Quote:So, while I don't think companies are purposely putting harmful vaccines on the market, I'm certainly not going to knock someone who is a little suspect of the motivations of larger corporate interests and the government officials they buy on a daily basis.

And neither am I, but I will knock this -

Filox Wrote:I see your point, but why take a swine flu shot, when 10 people die from swine flu, and 1000 people die from normal flu?

Which strain of flu are you talking about when you say "normal flu"? Because, in the 2009 pandemic, H1N1 influenza was responsible for the most deaths of any of the different strains of flu. This isn't to say that the number of deaths was astronomical - almost every flu strain has a very low mortality rate, H1N1 included - but H1N1 was the most lethal strain that year. It simply didn't claim very many lives because no single strain of flu kills a huge number of people. It is, however, resistant to the two most common anti-flu drugs, which required a change in vaccinations - hence the big vaccination movement.

Its mortality rate was higher than most flu, but still very low. Its real danger was in that it was an entirely new strain that no one was vaccinated against, so it could spread uninhibited. Comparing the number of deaths from H1N1 against every single other strain of flu, of course you're going to get a comparison that makes H1N1 look weak. There's like five thousand other strains out there.

Filox Wrote:Chances of me getting the swine flu are much much less than to catch the "normal" flu

Again, because there are so many other strains of flu. This also depends on your area and whether or not you have been vaccinated, though.

Filox Wrote:and also, there are tens of thousands of "normal" flu types and the vaccine only covers a part of all those

With H1N1 being an exception.

Filox Wrote:so if you look at it all, it is all a game of chance.

It is indeed. But the point is that, in a game of chance, you play the odds. The yearly flu vaccination regimens are changed according to virus "forecasts", with the vaccinations being focused on the strains which are predicted to be most prominent. H1N1 emerged after the vaccines had already been decided upon, was resistant to those vaccines, and was more virulent and more deadly than other flu strains (though not by much). It was also a larger outbreak than any of the other strains which were circulating that year.

Filox Wrote:And I like playing, my luck is pretty good.

Herd immunity again. Even if you don't feel any symptoms of the illness, you can carry the disease and pass it on. If you choose to gamble on not getting sick, you're also gambling with the health of everybody else around you.

Filox Wrote:Also, I tend to live as natural as I can, I don't use any sort of pills, drink minimum alcohol, don't smoke tobacco, so those vaccines look too artificial for me.

Congratulations. Everything I said above - particularly the bit on herd immunity - still stands. Not everyone can have a perfect immune system.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-07-2011, 06:59 AM
Fine, fine, you have made your point, next time I will go vaccinate myself, if I get the chance. But if I find out that they have been experimenting on me with some "vaccine", I will find you, don't worry...

Smile

-Hunter S. Thompson
12-07-2011, 12:04 PM
(12-07-2011 06:59 AM)Filox Wrote:  Fine, fine, you have made your point, next time I will go vaccinate myself, if I get the chance. But if I find out that they have been experimenting on me with some "vaccine", I will find you, don't worry...

Smile

[Image: excellent.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like monkeyshine89's post
27-04-2014, 05:56 PM
I am an atheist and a journalist. I also happen to feel that there are very few conspiracies that amount to anything but greedy capitalists doing whatever they think is necessary to maintain business as usual.

So when I say that vaccines are far more dangerous than we are being told, please understand that I very much wish it was otherwise. It was only after doing many months of research and reading hundreds of PubMed and PLoS studies that I had to admit that something is up with vaccines. Those who develop them know all too well that they cause autism, SIDS, diabetes, MS, arthritis, asthma, and any number of other syndromes and diseases, but there is no chance in hell of them ever admitting it or letting on that more people now die or suffer morbidity from vaccine-induced health problems than would die if we stopped vaccinating and encouraged better diet and exercise (which would not keep the medical industry massively profitable).

It's a conundrum for someone like me, who thinks the human race mostly sucks and needs to be reduced by half. I just don't happen to believe that shutting off gene transcription and protein synthesis by means of injected epigenetic reactants in vaccines is the best means of accomplishing that goal.

See all of my research here: http://magellan35.wordpress.com/