What the hell is wrong with Victoria Jackson

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2013, 02:53 PM
RE: What the hell is wrong with Victoria Jackson
She is a cheerleader, gymnast, comedian and musician from Miami who is anti-Barack and a Tea Party supporter. Yet (blind? female?) Atheists find something wrong with her? No way!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2013, 05:52 PM
(15-07-2013 02:53 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  She is a cheerleader, gymnast, comedian and musician from Miami who is anti-Barack and a Tea Party supporter. Yet (blind? female?) Atheists find something wrong with her? No way!

Oh dear, has this forum just spawned the new idiot to hate on now?

OK, ok I'll give you your pacifier now.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
15-07-2013, 06:21 PM
(15-07-2013 05:52 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Oh dear, has this forum just spawned the new idiot to hate on now?

Nope. He's an old idiot, now. You've just been blissfully unaware.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-07-2013, 06:29 PM
(12-07-2013 06:11 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Too many or not enough drugs.
Her brain has melted and should be studied by brainologists.
This forum spellchecker says I have spelled brainologists wrong.
Silly spellchecker

Actually it's your browser's spellchecker. Tongue

(13-07-2013 10:33 AM)Human Being Wrote:  In her horrible "Atheist Song," she is obviously talking about her old SNL co-worker, Julia Sweeney. Victoria is sadly pathetic.

See I would never have made that connection...and now I understand why some lady I had never heard of gave a TED talk about Atheism that I watched a few months ago.

http://embed.ted.com/talks/julia_sweeney...f_god.html

Also Victoria does such an awful Bob Dylan that I didn't even get it despite reading Carlo's description and it only sunk in when she made a point of telling the audience that she was mocking Bob Dylan.

Ps. I don't really care for Julia Sweeney's voice/style either, but I have respect for her and I would take her over Jackson in a heartbeat.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Obviously, she has a lot of resentment towards a lot of the SNL cast she worked with. She's mad at Jan Hooks? Both of them are has-beens, but only one of them are still stuck on shit that happened 20 years ago.

She is an epic representation of the Dunning-Kruger effect. If you've ever seen her interviewing people on politics or religion, she has this asinine smugness that only pure ignorance can induce.

“One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.”

- Bertrand Russel
16-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Like most who were ever on SNL, their careers after languish. She found a "hook" to remain relevant within a certain group. But like most she is completely forgettable -- in fact, the only reason I recognized her was because of her voice. It always sounded cartoonish. I don't recall a single character.

Victoria Jackson isn't and never will be on the Hollywood A, B, C list...she might be on the D list. She routine is go around bashing her former SNL stars, because that's all she has to talk about.

Similar could be said for Julie Sweeny too -- her career hasn't been that great since SNL and that Pat movie was a huge mistake. . But the difference is Julie Sweeny doesn't mention VJ in her shows -- it's not that important. Even Tina Fey -- had it not been for Sarah Palin, she might have found herself in the same place.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

16-07-2013, 01:51 PM
(16-07-2013 01:04 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Like most who were ever on SNL, their careers after languish. She found a "hook" to remain relevant within a certain group. But like most she is completely forgettable -- in fact, the only reason I recognized her was because of her voice. It always sounded cartoonish. I don't recall a single character.

Victoria Jackson isn't and never will be on the Hollywood A, B, C list...she might be on the D list. She routine is go around bashing her former SNL stars, because that's all she has to talk about.

Similar could be said for Julie Sweeny too -- her career hasn't been that great since SNL and that Pat movie was a huge mistake. . But the difference is Julie Sweeny doesn't mention VJ in her shows -- it's not that important. Even Tina Fey -- had it not been for Sarah Palin, she might have found herself in the same place.

I doubt that about Tina Fey she was already on 30 Rock when she started doing the Palin impressions. SNL has always been an ensemble cast with a few superstars that go on to bigger things. The problem is most comedians think they are going to be Bill Murray or Eddie Murphy and they just aren't. The last person to really make a jump from SNL to being a headliner was Will Farrell (love him or hate him).

As for VJ she's not even a has-been she is a never was and it's sad that made her bitter. As to her politics who cares, she's definitely peddling ignorance to the lowest faction of the right wing, it pays the bills if nothing else and if she happens to agree with it that just makes her no better.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
16-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Myth, not even once.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
16-07-2013, 02:48 PM
(16-07-2013 01:51 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-07-2013 01:04 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Like most who were ever on SNL, their careers after languish. She found a "hook" to remain relevant within a certain group. But like most she is completely forgettable -- in fact, the only reason I recognized her was because of her voice. It always sounded cartoonish. I don't recall a single character.

I doubt that about Tina Fey she was already on 30 Rock when she started doing the Palin impressions. SNL has always been an ensemble cast with a few superstars that go on to bigger things. The problem is most comedians think they are going to be Bill Murray or Eddie Murphy and they just aren't. The last person to really make a jump from SNL to being a headliner was Will Farrell (love him or hate him).

As for VJ she's not even a has-been she is a never was and it's sad that made her bitter. As to her politics who cares, she's definitely peddling ignorance to the lowest faction of the right wing, it pays the bills if nothing else and if she happens to agree with it that just makes her no better.

I never watched 30 Rock, until after she began doing the Sarah Palin bit -- I only watched a couple episodes -- if even that.

I know Tina Fey's done a couple movies, but really they were just ok. I'm not a huge Will Farrell fan.

I think aside from the first generation with John Belushi, et al -- Eddie Murphy and Robert Downey Jr have probably been the most successful.

VJ is just milking her 10 minutes of fame.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

16-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Re: What the hell is wrong with Victoria Jackson
VJ is jealous of the resurgence of popularity Julia Sweeney has gotten and is clinging like a leech to whatever she can to be relevant.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley