Poll: What's the biggest problem facing the United States today?
Religion
Lack of Education
Reliance on Figureheads instead of critical thinking
Apathy
[Show Results]

What the hell is wrong with the United States?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2014, 05:05 PM
RE: What the hell is wrong with the United States?
Not that I don't find this entertaining, but I don't see the point in debating Luminon. His posts read like free association. There is no logical thread that connects anything he says. Thankfully, he is mostly harmless; guilty of being and idiot, perhaps suffering from a mental disorder, but certainly not worthy of the effort to respond and educate. As soon as you do he just word vomits that most recent thing he read and you are off on a luminon tangent, pulling your hair out over something completely unrelated to anything anyone said three posts ago.

Don't let me stop you though. It is excellent free entertainment.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
28-07-2014, 05:17 PM
(28-07-2014 04:36 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Hold on; what exactly do you mean by 'properties'?
Do you mean to refer to the electrical charge within our fleshy meat-sacks?

If that's the case, how on Earth do you mean to control that? If I recall correctly, the charge of the individual cells is generated by the sodium-potassium pump; how on Earth do you figure to control that and keep the cells functioning?

The other electrical component is the electrochemical energy of our nervous impulses; those are easy enough to control with implants or other devices, but why would you want to alter that? You'd probably send yourself or your test subjects into all manner of seizure, spasm or arrest.
I'll send that to you through personal message, then. I hope you're some kind of professional.

28-07-2014, 05:27 PM
(28-07-2014 05:17 PM)Luminon Wrote:  I'll send that to you through personal message, then. I hope you're some kind of professional.

You categorically disregard every attempt I've ever made to educate you in real science. A professional audience is the last thing you want.

... this is my signature!
28-07-2014, 05:32 PM
(28-07-2014 05:05 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Not that I don't find this entertaining, but I don't see the point in debating Luminon. His posts read like free association. There is no logical thread that connects anything he says. Thankfully, he is mostly harmless; guilty of being and idiot, perhaps suffering from a mental disorder, but certainly not worthy of the effort to respond and educate. As soon as you do he just word vomits that most recent thing he read and you are off on a luminon tangent, pulling your hair out over something completely unrelated to anything anyone said three posts ago.

Oh, don't I know it. He's the chess-playing pigeon, all right.

... this is my signature!
28-07-2014, 05:43 PM
(28-07-2014 05:32 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(28-07-2014 05:05 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Not that I don't find this entertaining, but I don't see the point in debating Luminon. His posts read like free association. There is no logical thread that connects anything he says. Thankfully, he is mostly harmless; guilty of being and idiot, perhaps suffering from a mental disorder, but certainly not worthy of the effort to respond and educate. As soon as you do he just word vomits that most recent thing he read and you are off on a luminon tangent, pulling your hair out over something completely unrelated to anything anyone said three posts ago.

Oh, don't I know it. He's the chess-playing pigeon, all right.

It is very entertaining watching you hunt the white whale of teaching trolls to science and logic.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
29-07-2014, 12:05 AM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2014 03:03 AM by Free Thought.)
(28-07-2014 05:17 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
(28-07-2014 04:36 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Hold on; what exactly do you mean by 'properties'?
Do you mean to refer to the electrical charge within our fleshy meat-sacks?

If that's the case, how on Earth do you mean to control that? If I recall correctly, the charge of the individual cells is generated by the sodium-potassium pump; how on Earth do you figure to control that and keep the cells functioning?

The other electrical component is the electrochemical energy of our nervous impulses; those are easy enough to control with implants or other devices, but why would you want to alter that? You'd probably send yourself or your test subjects into all manner of seizure, spasm or arrest.

I'll send that to you through personal message, then. I hope you're some kind of professional.

Sorry, but I'm a mere B-grade high school biology student.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
29-07-2014, 02:34 AM

Is it selfish of me to want him to continue just for the entertainment value. I find his post fascinating, just like an old Jerry Springer episode.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Does the United States still have a functional democracy (or republic)? Michael_Tadlock 25 583 13-06-2014 03:29 AM
Last Post: ClydeLee
  Euthanasia - what is so wrong with death? Cathym112 31 440 10-04-2014 11:50 AM
Last Post: Dom
  Add Kansas to the list of states I never want to visit or live in... EvolutionKills 31 613 24-03-2014 12:43 PM
Last Post: devilsadvoc8
  Supreme Dictator of the United States Dark Phoenix 59 1,185 09-03-2014 02:02 PM
Last Post: donotwant
  Economic recovery: you're doing it wrong frankksj 29 708 02-12-2013 09:21 AM
Last Post: frankksj
  Wrong side of the debate ugh LostandInsecure 31 918 29-10-2013 07:00 AM
Last Post: I and I
  how to change 37 states to accept same sex marriage Bows and Arrows 11 589 27-06-2013 05:56 PM
Last Post: BryanS