What the hell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2015, 12:59 PM
RE: What the hell
(04-04-2015 12:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-04-2015 12:31 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  You served, so you know that most service members lean right. They wouldn't consider it traitorous. They would consider the other side to be traitors, and you know this.

We would consider it treason. Your understanding of your loyalty oath to the country is feeble.

Or consider it another way. The real America kicks out the traitorous communist liberals, we keep our military and guns. We'll give you guys some land, CA, WA, OR, NV, and NM. We'll take the rest.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2015, 01:14 PM
(04-04-2015 12:59 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(04-04-2015 12:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  We would consider it treason. Your understanding of your loyalty oath to the country is feeble.

Or consider it another way. The real America kicks out the traitorous communist liberals, we keep our military and guns. We'll give you guys some land, CA, WA, OR, NV, and NM. We'll take the rest.

Laughat You'd go to war... you really are a fucking lunatic. War is hell. And in your scenario you'd wish it on your people because you disagree with a democratic government implementing policy via a legal mandate from the people?

What ideology will your warriors rush into battle for? What will their slogan be? America for the Americans? Protect our fatherland? Liebensraum... You know... there probably are enough stupid people who'd sign up for that kind of shit.

Every time I think there's a sliver of hope for us someone like you comes along and reminds me that in order to conquer the planet as the most successful in evolutionary terms, a species only needs to achieve a *minimum* level of intelligence.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
04-04-2015, 01:29 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2015 01:32 PM by Patriot10mm.)
(04-04-2015 01:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(04-04-2015 12:59 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  Or consider it another way. The real America kicks out the traitorous communist liberals, we keep our military and guns. We'll give you guys some land, CA, WA, OR, NV, and NM. We'll take the rest.
because you disagree with a democratic government implementing policy via a legal mandate from the people?

Except that our country was not founded on the idea that a majority should be able to vote away the natural rights of others.

Would you agree with what you wrote if muslims became the majority in America and attempted to impose sharia law on everyone? Would you fight then?

See my point? Nobody fucks with the bill of rights man. Nobody. Change any amendment you want, but not the bill of rights.

04-04-2015, 01:34 PM
(04-04-2015 01:29 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  Except that our country was not founded on the idea that a majority should be able to vote away the natural rights of others.

Would you agree with what you wrote if muslims became the majority in America and attempted to impose sharia law on everyone? Would you fight then?

See my point? Nobody fucks with the bill of rights man. Nobody.

It's just a document <shrug>. If it becomes outmoded it gets updated. That's the *point* of ammendments. Your paranoid ramblings aren't legitimate reason to abandon democratic principles.

Anyway I'm not American. Your bill of rights is actually a very interesting and wonderful document, an admirable thing. Your blind "patriotism" is not.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
04-04-2015, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2015 02:48 PM by GirlyMan.)
(04-04-2015 01:29 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(04-04-2015 01:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  because you disagree with a democratic government implementing policy via a legal mandate from the people?

Except that our country was not founded on the idea that a majority should be able to vote away the natural rights of others.

See my point? Nobody fucks with the bill of rights man. Nobody. Change any amendment you want, but not the bill of rights.

Aren't the Bill of Rights the First Ten Amendments? ... Just askin'.

#sigh
04-04-2015, 02:46 PM
(04-04-2015 02:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-04-2015 01:29 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  Except that our country was not founded on the idea that a majority should be able to vote away the natural rights of others.

Aren't the Bill of Rights the First Ten Amendments? ... Just askin'?

Yes. I meant change any but the first 10. They were called the bill of rights for a reason. Although in theory could be changed through the amendment process, I'm sure the founding fathers gave them that name because they thought them to be the natural rights a free nation should live by and never expected they would ever come into consideration to be removed.

04-04-2015, 02:51 PM
(04-04-2015 02:46 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(04-04-2015 02:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Aren't the Bill of Rights the First Ten Amendments? ... Just askin'?

Yes. I meant change any but the first 10. They were called the bill of rights for a reason. Although in theory could be changed through the amendment process, I'm sure the founding fathers gave them that name because they thought them to be the natural rights a free nation should live by.

You know they weren't some universally all agreed upon ideas though right? It's not like there wasn't significant debate and consideration of others at the time as well. James Madison wrote some of these things quite well but there is no special sanctity that ought to be applied to them logically. It's been pointed out over time how various things some people wanted in there never came about, like Jefferson suggested an amendment to prevent monopolies but that's a case that never occurred as an amendment.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
04-04-2015, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2015 02:58 PM by GirlyMan.)
(04-04-2015 02:46 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  They were called the bill of rights for a reason.
Which reason is that?

#sigh
04-04-2015, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2015 03:07 PM by GirlyMan.)
(04-04-2015 02:46 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(04-04-2015 02:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Aren't the Bill of Rights the First Ten Amendments? ... Just askin'?

Yes. I meant change any but the first 10.

Yeah. Sure you did. You had no fucking clue they were the same. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
04-04-2015, 03:07 PM
(04-04-2015 02:51 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(04-04-2015 02:46 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  Yes. I meant change any but the first 10. They were called the bill of rights for a reason. Although in theory could be changed through the amendment process, I'm sure the founding fathers gave them that name because they thought them to be the natural rights a free nation should live by.

You know they weren't some universally all agreed upon ideas though right? It's not like there wasn't significant debate and consideration of others at the time as well. James Madison wrote some of these things quite well but there is no special sanctity that ought to be applied to them logically. It's been pointed out over time how various things some people wanted in there never came about, like Jefferson suggested an amendment to prevent monopolies but that's a case that never occurred as an amendment.

In the end we ended up with whatever got decided on, we've lived by them for over 200 years and they've served us well. They don't need to be changed. They ensure freedom. They limit the government and prevent totalitarian rule. The most important, the 2nd amendment must always be guarded. If it were to be changed or removed, the power would move from the people to the government.