What the hell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2015, 11:15 PM
RE: What the hell
(04-04-2015 01:29 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(04-04-2015 01:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  because you disagree with a democratic government implementing policy via a legal mandate from the people?
Except that our country was not founded on the idea that a majority should be able to vote away the natural rights of others.

Oh, you mean besides ratifying a Constitution that codified slavery and their existence as 3/5 of a person for the purpose of determining state Representatives? Nope, no voting away of people's fundamental rights here. After all, all those Negros will all just grow up to be lazy gangsters in a few generations, right?

(04-04-2015 01:29 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  Would you agree with what you wrote if muslims became the majority in America and attempted to impose sharia law on everyone? Would you fight then?

Well, if we can prevent the crazy right wing fucks from destroying the barriers in place meant to ensure our secularism, then it won't matter. It's the right wing Evangelical Christian fundamentalists that are doing their absolute best to destroy secularism, entirely blind to the possibility that they may not always have such power and could find themselves at the short end of either Catholic or Sharia Law with changing demographics.

(04-04-2015 01:29 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  See my point? Nobody fucks with the bill of rights man. Nobody. Change any amendment you want, but not the bill of rights.

Except for adding the other Amendments, because the first 10 didn't free the slaves, give women the right to vote, or guarantee equal protection under the law. So they're good, but clearly they needed improvement.

You cannot be this stupid. Please just tell us all you're a Poe so that we may regain some faith in humanity.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
05-04-2015, 01:19 AM
(04-04-2015 12:31 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(04-04-2015 12:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You insult our military men and women by suggesting they will turn traitor based on their political leaning. You are no patriot. You are borderline seditious.

You served, so you know that most service members lean right. They wouldn't consider it traitorous. They would consider the other side to be traitors, and you know this.

I served, and I know that while they lean to the right, they will follow legal orders, mostly.

I don't have much time right now, so I'll answer your lengthier reply to me tomorrow. Apologies about the delay.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
05-04-2015, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2015 11:04 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(04-04-2015 11:54 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  I see the bigger picture. My fear is that the country does exactly what you're saying. Once we reach the point of 51/49 democrat majority in most places in America, republican policies will begin to be replaced. Gun control will be advanced in extreme ways. Liberal policies will take hold.

Some liberal policies should take hold -- for instance, the curtailing of the security state, the reduction of military expenditures and foreign involvements, and tax policies which slow down the offshoring of jobs. Gun control, however, probably won't take place, at least not in "extreme" ways. Supreme Court precedent is in place, and overturning the Second Amendment will require a 2/3 majority, not the simple majority you envision, and the same proportion of states approving the overturn. That isn't going to happen.

(04-04-2015 11:54 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  Then what happens? You can't merely legislate away guns and force liberalism on everyone. Once it's attempted, one of two things will happen. People will comply (Australia, Great Britain) or fight back. What do you think happens in America? Hint: It won't be like Australia or Great Britain. It will be all out war.

So you think that millions of law-abiding Americans will go all Red Dawn on the US Government? I disagree.

(04-04-2015 11:54 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  Right vs. Left. Neighbor vs. Neighbor. The armed vs. the unarmed. There aren't enough cops to stop what will happen. All you have to do is read the comments on the gun forums. Gun owners are expecting this to happen eventually. They're stockpiling thousands of rounds of ammunition and food supplies. It's not just a few people with tinfoil hats. It's EVERYONE.

"EVERYONE"? Or simply everyone extreme enough to post on a gun forum? Living in Texas, I know plenty of gun owners, and I can speak from first-hand knowledge that they belie your "EVERYONE" claim.

(04-04-2015 11:54 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  Ammunition shelves are empty. Reloading supplies are on backorder for months. I know hundreds of gun owners. I belong to gun clubs. Talk to people at the gun ranges. I run a firearm forum website. They all say the same thing. Molon Labe.

See above.

(04-04-2015 11:54 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  America will only swing left so far before the pendulum is forced back to the right again. It's not a good idea to force the hand of millions of gun owners. Especially when most cops and the U.S. military are majority right leaning people and won't be on the side of the left.

Of course the pendulum will swing back. The question is, will it first swing so far the one way to store up the energy for a radical return as you predict. In other words, I think you overrate the power of the Democrats to change matters as they stand nowadays. I don't think it will go that far. Further to that, I think most gun owners are loyal Americans who won't resort to armed rebellion to enforce their understanding of the Constitution onto the American public. I think they will do as they have done, which is to vote accordingly in elections, and support the NRA in its lobbying efforts.

(04-04-2015 11:54 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  Maybe a third thing could happen now that I think about it. Secession by force. South vs. North with the threat of force if the south isn't allowed to leave. This time though, the south is much more heavily armed than the north.

"More heavily armed" in small arms, perhaps ... which are of no avail against carrier battle groups, main battle tanks, or attack aircraft flying at 500+mph.

You'd best hope you don't learn this the hard way.

(04-04-2015 11:54 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  The U.S. splits into two countries, one for liberals and the other for conservatives. It's already like that now, we're just forced to live around each other.

I like that diversity of opinion. I think both sides of the political aisle in this country have valid points.

Finally, I don't think that even the extremist gun owners, for all their brave talk, have the stomach for making war on their fellow Americans; and I also think that if they do take that approach, then killing them wherever they show their bellicosity is an apt response. The penalty for treason is death, and I'm comfortable with that.
[+] 9 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
06-04-2015, 06:26 AM
(04-04-2015 10:22 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Apparently you live under some crazy idea that the government of the people, by the people and for the people is against you and your cronies.

At times over the last 37 years, since I became eligible to vote, I have felt the country had lost its mind voting in presidents, congressmen and representatives that made my eyes roll into the back of my head. But through out it all I never once thought there was some fucking conspiracy that I would need to arm myself to the teeth and fight the very armed services that protect me and the freedom I treasure so greatly.

Americans have proven that we can be arrogant, stupid, misguided and full of shit BUT so far after 239 years we haven’t had any military coups. The system seems to be working for all its faults. Having people like you waving their guns over their head insisting that the country is about to be taken over by the military being led by our president is simply the ravings of a paranoid delusionist. Drinking Beverage

Aren't you forgetting The War of Northern Aggression? Angel

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-04-2015, 07:07 AM
Not responding to the false OP but addressing the idea of some sort of civil war or violent unrest, I think there are plausible scenarios that could lead to wide-spread violence.

A natural disaster of sufficient magnitude to disrupt transportation and communications (meteor, Yellowstone eruption, massive solar flare, limited nuclear exchange, earmuffs' takeover, ...) could lead to breakdown of civil government in some or all parts of the country/continent/world. Local order might well be restored at the point of a bayonet and there is no guarantee of whose bayonet that would be. The examples of 'order' being 'restored' are too numerous and obvious to list.

A possibly unlikelier (but not unimaginable) scenario in the U.S. is a coup that is not sudden or immediately obvious, but still leading to despotic rule. The stage could be set by a disastrous event (see above) that leads to imposition of 'emergency powers' or martial law. The examples of 'order' being 'restored' are too numerous and obvious to list.

If you don't think that even possible, you haven't read the Patriot Act. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
06-04-2015, 07:10 AM
(06-04-2015 06:26 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-04-2015 10:22 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Apparently you live under some crazy idea that the government of the people, by the people and for the people is against you and your cronies.

At times over the last 37 years, since I became eligible to vote, I have felt the country had lost its mind voting in presidents, congressmen and representatives that made my eyes roll into the back of my head. But through out it all I never once thought there was some fucking conspiracy that I would need to arm myself to the teeth and fight the very armed services that protect me and the freedom I treasure so greatly.

Americans have proven that we can be arrogant, stupid, misguided and full of shit BUT so far after 239 years we haven’t had any military coups. The system seems to be working for all its faults. Having people like you waving their guns over their head insisting that the country is about to be taken over by the military being led by our president is simply the ravings of a paranoid delusionist. Drinking Beverage

Aren't you forgetting The War of Northern Aggression? Angel

Thanks for reminding me of my favorite Confederate flag. Thumbsup

[Image: stock-footage-white-flag-waving-over-time-laps-sky.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
06-04-2015, 07:20 AM
(06-04-2015 07:10 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 06:26 AM)Chas Wrote:  Aren't you forgetting The War of Northern Aggression? Angel

Thanks for reminding me of my favorite Confederate flag. Thumbsup

Louisiana was French, just sayin'.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
06-04-2015, 07:28 AM
(06-04-2015 07:20 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 07:10 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Thanks for reminding me of my favorite Confederate flag. Thumbsup

Louisiana was French, just sayin'.

To be fair, it was called the Louisiana Purchase for a reason. I guess Napoleon really needed the money.

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
06-04-2015, 07:11 PM
(06-04-2015 07:28 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 07:20 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Louisiana was French, just sayin'.

To be fair, it was called the Louisiana Purchase for a reason. I guess Napoleon really needed the money.

If you've ever been to Lousyana, you'll know that it was a smart deal on his part.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post