What this election is actually about.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2016, 04:36 AM
RE: What this election is actually about.
(29-07-2016 03:47 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(29-07-2016 02:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Because you know, the most important issue in America today is gun control.
Fuck racial divide, poverty, non-equal rights to citizens, homelessness, immigration, poor education and health system or other issues that may come up at the supreme court in some fashion that will actually effect peoples lives in some meaningful way, all that matters is that the supreme court protect your right to own guns. 'Murica!

That is something that I never get. Why is the 2nd Amendment so damn important? Other civilized nations get along just fine without it, so it's clearly not an essential part of a democratic society. So it's, what, a fail-safe? To allow the people to keep the government in check? To rise up against the military?

What the fuck is the point of having an entirely volunteer armed forces? What is the mythos of the citizen soldier, if such people would forsake their fellow citizens and fall into tyranny?

If the only thing keeping a military composed of citizen volunteers in check is a similarly armed citizenry, we've already lost.

It`s not that important in it self , you made it important with this struggle to abolish it.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2016, 04:41 AM
(29-07-2016 04:36 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  It`s not that important in it self , you made it important with this struggle to abolish it.

Why is there a struggle?

It's not because guns are being used to fight the oppression of the government, that's for sure.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
29-07-2016, 05:06 AM
(29-07-2016 04:41 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(29-07-2016 04:36 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  It`s not that important in it self , you made it important with this struggle to abolish it.

Why is there a struggle?

It's not because guns are being used to fight the oppression of the government, that's for sure.
Of course, it is not about fighting the oppression of the government and it is not about high gun crime rates either.

Struggle is there because both sides pile on made up connotations and bullshit context which made this into much more political debate then it has to be, causing both camps to dig in their heels.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
29-07-2016, 07:47 AM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2016 07:54 AM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(29-07-2016 02:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 11:00 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I'm also voting for the supreme court. Hillary's picks will be hard core anti-gun. Trump has released his pool of judges he would select from.

I'll take Republican appointed justices to protect the 2nd amendment.

Because you know, the most important issue in America today is gun control.
Fuck racial divide, poverty, non-equal rights to citizens, homelessness, immigration, poor education and health system or other issues that may come up at the supreme court in some fashion that will actually effect peoples lives in some meaningful way, all that matters is that the supreme court protect your right to own guns. 'Murica!

Here's the deal. I supported the Clinton assault weapon ban at the time. 10 round magazines didn't bother me. I just started carrying an extra mag. I didn't own any AR-15's until 2015. The problem is, the law didn't actually solve anything. The 10 round magazines could easily be made into a 15 round magazine with a drill or file (by removing the follower stop that was stamped into the metal). And "assault rifles" are used in less murders than knives or baseball bats.

Gun control is pointless. And as we see in France, even full bans don't work, terrorists just don't give a fuck about laws and can kill 130 people in a matter of minutes.

I'd rather have the ability to protect myself, my family, and the citizens around me if I can. In the age of terrorism, I don't want to lay on the floor and piss on myself and wait to be slaughtered. I at least want the opportunity to fight back. Do you doubt that America will have a major attack at some point? Democrats want to take that right away, or severely limit it (see California's new laws). Most Democrat controlled states also refuse to issue carry permits.

My safety is more important than anything else the supreme court could rule on at this time. If that changes, I'll be more open to a different kind of supreme court justice.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post
29-07-2016, 08:03 AM
(29-07-2016 05:06 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(29-07-2016 04:41 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Why is there a struggle?
Struggle is there because both sides pile on made up connotations and bullshit context which made this into much more political debate then it has to be, causing both camps to dig in their heels.

Which sums up every 'gun' thread we've ever had on TTA.

Including the ones that weren't about guns, like this one.

And pretty much every post by Bryan

Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
29-07-2016, 08:50 AM
(29-07-2016 08:03 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(29-07-2016 05:06 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  ...

Which sums up every thread 'gun' thread we've ever had on TTA.

Including the ones that weren't about guns, like this one.

And pretty much every post by Bryan

Big Grin

From zero to guns in 5 posts. Facepalm
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
29-07-2016, 08:58 AM
(29-07-2016 02:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 11:00 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I'm also voting for the supreme court. Hillary's picks will be hard core anti-gun. Trump has released his pool of judges he would select from.

I'll take Republican appointed justices to protect the 2nd amendment.

Because you know, the most important issue in America today is gun control.

LDH has made it clear over and over again that gun control is the only issue he cares about. Your post describes him perfectly. It's not even a caricature. It's dead on.
29-07-2016, 09:02 AM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2016 09:10 AM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(29-07-2016 08:58 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(29-07-2016 02:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Because you know, the most important issue in America today is gun control.

LDH has made it clear over and over again that gun control is the only issue he cares about. Your post describes him perfectly. It's not even a caricature. It's dead on.

And I've made no attempts to hide it. I've said time and time again that in the age of terrorism, I'm a single issue voter until the government fixes it. They started this mess.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
29-07-2016, 09:54 AM
(29-07-2016 09:02 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  ...
I've said time and time again that in the age of terrorism, I'm a single issue voter until the government fixes it. They started this mess.

I'm curious as to when you think "the age of terrorism" started.

I'd put it at some time before we came down from the trees.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
29-07-2016, 09:54 AM
I saw you said you retired recently. Are you living off a pension or did you have a 401k? If you have a 401k and Trump wins, I think you're going to quickly find a second issue to care about.

A Trump victory is a lock to crash the market for a good 6 months. Impossible to predict beyond that, but he's an unknown and unpredictable and Wall Street does not like unpredictable. She, on the other hand, is bought and paid for by Wall Street. The market will soar upon her election, for some period of time. Probably less than 6 months.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost