What this election is actually about.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2016, 02:28 PM
RE: What this election is actually about.
(29-07-2016 04:36 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(29-07-2016 03:47 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  That is something that I never get. Why is the 2nd Amendment so damn important? Other civilized nations get along just fine without it, so it's clearly not an essential part of a democratic society. So it's, what, a fail-safe? To allow the people to keep the government in check? To rise up against the military?

What the fuck is the point of having an entirely volunteer armed forces? What is the mythos of the citizen soldier, if such people would forsake their fellow citizens and fall into tyranny?

If the only thing keeping a military composed of citizen volunteers in check is a similarly armed citizenry, we've already lost.

It`s not that important in it self , you made it important with this struggle to abolish it.

HI did? How he do dat?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2016, 02:32 PM
(29-07-2016 12:44 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(29-07-2016 12:19 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You are fear mongering.

Which of my statements do you believe to be incorrect, and why?

Btw, that is the same stupid argument the "leave" side of the Brexit vote made when people argued leaving would have economic consequences. "They are just trying to scare you!". Problem was that "they" were right.

If Trump wins, the markets will react negatively. Bank on it. He is an unknown and creates uncertainty. Markets hate uncertainty. She is a known quantity who took millions from Wall Street. She is pathetically predictable. The markets will celebrate her victory.

How long each situation lasts is a guess. I predict his victory screws things for 6 months. Hey victory market surge doesn't last past 3. But, those are guesses.

And by the end of Drumph's first 6 months he will have said to congress "You are fired" and we will be fighting all kinds of fall out from that. Whether it is his impeachment or what I won't attempt to guess.
29-07-2016, 02:34 PM
(29-07-2016 02:28 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(29-07-2016 04:36 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  It`s not that important in it self , you made it important with this struggle to abolish it.

HI did? How he do dat?

If somebody else asked I would be sure it is a joke, with you I'm not so certain.
Is it? A joke?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
29-07-2016, 02:37 PM
(29-07-2016 02:34 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(29-07-2016 02:28 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  HI did? How he do dat?

If somebody else asked I would be sure it is a joke, with you I'm not so certain.
Is it? A joke?

No, no joke how did one poster on our site make the election about one subject?
29-07-2016, 03:34 PM
(29-07-2016 02:37 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(29-07-2016 02:34 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  If somebody else asked I would be sure it is a joke, with you I'm not so certain.
Is it? A joke?

No, no joke how did one poster on our site make the election about one subject?

Laugh out load

Quote:It`s not that important in it self , you ( Americans ) made it important with this struggle to abolish it.

The "you" in my sentence doesn't mean you EvolutionKills, it means you Americans.

Got it now?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
29-07-2016, 03:41 PM
To LDH it's about one thing guns, that's fine. Other people can be doofy that way too.

To Bernie it's all about campaign finance of citizens united rulings. And to Trump, it's about one thing too... Trump

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
29-07-2016, 04:24 PM
I like guns. I own guns.

I also have $50k in student debt, no health insurance, and a uterus.

Guess which one I care about more right now.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
29-07-2016, 04:27 PM
(29-07-2016 04:24 PM)natachan Wrote:  I like guns. I own guns.

I also have $50k in student debt, no health insurance, and a uterus.

Guess which one I care about more right now.

Hal the human race had uteruri for millions of years before health insurance was invented.
29-07-2016, 04:33 PM
See that Oxford comma? It means that's an ordered list. Those two things aren't necessarily related.

HC has made alleviating student debt a part of her campaign. The Democratic Party has made expanding access to health care part of their platform. And the republicans are determined to undermine my reproductive choices.

I don't think I will have any trouble keeping my guns. That issue is not as pressing t me
[+] 4 users Like natachan's post
29-07-2016, 08:44 PM
(29-07-2016 12:54 PM)Dom Wrote:  You are young, you'll be all right. I am already retired, and I already lost one year's worth of income to Brexit. Trump could make me poor.

It's only a temporary setback. The market always recovers.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user