What to do about this disconect?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2015, 08:12 AM
What to do about this disconect?
I just had a talk wirh my mom and she told me that people think I dont care about the way I look. the thing is though.... I care to much... I wish people could get that... my rooms a mess I look like a slob and people think because of that I dont care. If you could just see my last 5 post you'd see that I obsess over how I obsess over how I present.... I am the one who dosen't like living in and presenting the way I do...

so what do I about it... I want to effect change but everytime I fail or dont take action... ty for your time.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2015, 09:51 AM
RE: What to do about this disconect?
Need more info, KD.

But I will say this... you know what the truth is, why does your mom's comment bother you?

Personally, I say dress the way that makes you happy, the way that makes you feel good. You will never, no matter what you do, make everyone happy! If you try to live your life according to the whims of others, you're going to have a very unhappy life.

Try wearing something that REALLY clashes, or pick a bunch of clothing at random, sometime. Tell them, "THIS is what it looks like when I don't care about how I look." Bet they shut up! Tongue

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
22-07-2015, 09:51 AM
(22-07-2015 08:12 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I just had a talk wirh my mom and she told me that people think I dont care about the way I look. the thing is though.... I care to much... I wish people could get that... my rooms a mess I look like a slob and people think because of that I dont care. If you could just see my last 5 post you'd see that I obsess over how I obsess over how I present.... I am the one who dosen't like living in and presenting the way I do...

so what do I about it... I want to effect change but everytime I fail or dont take action... ty for your time.

It's one thing to have a messy room but you shouldn't let it get stinky. I let my kids have their room messy because that is their space and they can keep it the way they want, but when it starts getting stinky with old bags of chips, soda, moldy food and I can smell it in the hallway then that crosses the line.

However, if you obsess over how you look but can't seem to take the steps to fix it then you need to find out why you can't take that next step. It might take talking to a counselor.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
22-07-2015, 10:10 AM
(22-07-2015 09:51 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(22-07-2015 08:12 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I just had a talk wirh my mom and she told me that people think I dont care about the way I look. the thing is though.... I care to much... I wish people could get that... my rooms a mess I look like a slob and people think because of that I dont care. If you could just see my last 5 post you'd see that I obsess over how I obsess over how I present.... I am the one who dosen't like living in and presenting the way I do...

It's one thing to have a messy room but you shouldn't let it get stinky. I let my kids have their room messy because that is their space and they can keep it the way they want, but when it starts getting stinky with old bags of chips, soda, moldy food and I can smell it in the hallway then that crosses the line.

However, if you obsess over how you look but can't seem to take the steps to fix it then you need to find out why you can't take that next step. It might take talking to a counselor.

I know this may sound weird i but even though I live in my room... I don't see it most the time... same thing I told my counselor about my face... I one day looked in the mirrior and was like... "so thats what like."

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
23-07-2015, 10:29 AM
(22-07-2015 10:10 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  
(22-07-2015 09:51 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It's one thing to have a messy room but you shouldn't let it get stinky. I let my kids have their room messy because that is their space and they can keep it the way they want, but when it starts getting stinky with old bags of chips, soda, moldy food and I can smell it in the hallway then that crosses the line.

I know this may sound weird i but even though I live in my room... I don't see it most the time... same thing I told my counselor about my face... I one day looked in the mirrior and was like... "so thats what like."

It sounds like a classic case of "I can't see the forest for the trees" situation. You need to find out why you feel this way. I'm assuming you're still at home. If you get out of your room and out into the world you might be able to see yourself clearer.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.