What to do now?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2013, 09:22 PM
RE: What to do now?
(16-02-2013 09:05 PM)PsychoAmer. Wrote:  
(16-02-2013 08:53 PM)aurora Wrote:  I agree with FullCircle in the fact that you have to bide your time. You're 16 and it won't be long until you're 18 and will be able to move out of where you are and live with more like-minded people. 2 years isn't long at all although it may seem that way because you're unhappy. Maybe a part-time job would be a good idea.
Maybe in the meantime you could make a future plan for yourself - where you want to live; what subjects you require to become a physicist etc... do some research.

You're going to be okay. Things just don't happen overnight. Be patient.

I've actually just applied to a ton of places for a job. We'll see.

Thanks. I have a plan for the future but it'll leave me with $100K's in student loan debt.
Money's difficult but don't let it dominate your thoughts or your life. Most people don't ever have excess money because of debt but that doesn't stop them from being happy.

Try and distract yourself from your predicament and concentrate on making things better in any way you can.
Take up another hobby; join a community group...

As I said before, you're gonna be okay Hug

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
16-02-2013, 09:22 PM
Yea, I agree with Full Circle too... except that shit about "dinosaurs" - what the fuck?. Sadcryface

PsychoA - hang out here all you want. Come here when you need to escape your psycho family. I suspect you wouldn't be the only one to do so. Anytime day or night, there is usually someone hanging around.

This is an international forum and we have people from all over the world. It's a pretty relaxed bunch so, there's always something interesting being discussed and tons of shit to learn. Go ahead and wander around and read - you don't have to post if don't feel comfortable - hell, I read way more than I post.

We're an odd mixture here; we are mostly atheist but we have a couple of theists running around and of course, the trolls. It's a fairly all inclusive place and you may find it a comfortable fit. Feel free to just come here and have a rant if you need to and if you need any kind of feedback - we're all eyes, ears, brains, and hearts.

Smile Welcome to the forum.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
16-02-2013, 10:13 PM
(16-02-2013 09:22 PM)aurora Wrote:  
(16-02-2013 09:05 PM)PsychoAmer. Wrote:  I've actually just applied to a ton of places for a job. We'll see.

Thanks. I have a plan for the future but it'll leave me with $100K's in student loan debt.
Money's difficult but don't let it dominate your thoughts or your life. Most people don't ever have excess money because of debt but that doesn't stop them from being happy.

Try and distract yourself from your predicament and concentrate on making things better in any way you can.

I really hope so. I'm just not well right now. It's been a rough night.
16-02-2013, 10:13 PM
(16-02-2013 09:22 PM)kim Wrote:  Yea, I agree with Full Circle too... except that shit about "dinosaurs" - what the fuck?. Sadcryface

PsychoA - hang out here all you want. Come here when you need to escape your psycho family. I suspect you wouldn't be the only one to do so. Anytime day or night, there is usually someone hanging around.

This is an international forum and we have people from all over the world. It's a pretty relaxed bunch so, there's always something interesting being discussed and tons of shit to learn. Go ahead and wander around and read - you don't have to post if don't feel comfortable - hell, I read way more than I post.

We're an odd mixture here; we are mostly atheist but we have a couple of theists running around and of course, the trolls. It's a fairly all inclusive place and you may find it a comfortable fit. Feel free to just come here and have a rant if you need to and if you need any kind of feedback - we're all eyes, ears, brains, and hearts.

Thank you.
17-02-2013, 03:42 AM
(17-02-2013 07:32 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  ... check out the teen section and connect with some of the other teens on TTA. They're a cool bunch as well.
they are not - they're a bunch of fucking little bastar oh, riiiight

Yea, the Teen section is pretty cool. Dodgy
We also have a game section. I don't go there 'cause to me, it sucks but I hear it's fun and popular and shit like that. Drinking Beverage

However, we do have a bitchin' science section! A few actual scientists even contribute but don't be hesitant because of that; it's as much about appreciating science as it is about strictly presented science. Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
17-02-2013, 07:32 AM
Super stoked you decided to stick around (both in life and the forum). We've got all kinds of cool stuff around here. Also, you may want to check out the teen section and connect with some of the other teens on TTA. They're a cool bunch as well.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
17-02-2013, 11:04 AM
Evidently, I'm magical. I know what people will post before they do so.

Probably all the more reason to do what I say... and maybe, worship me. Just a suggestion - no biggie. Evil_monster

17-02-2013, 06:51 PM
(16-02-2013 09:22 PM)kim Wrote:  Yea, I agree with Full Circle too... except that shit about "dinosaurs" - what the fuck?. Sadcryface

I wasn't even remotely referring to you Kim...but if the shoe fits...aren't you like 26 or something? Big Grin

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
17-02-2013, 06:53 PM
(16-02-2013 10:13 PM)PsychoAmer. Wrote:  
(16-02-2013 09:22 PM)aurora Wrote:  Money's difficult but don't let it dominate your thoughts or your life. Most people don't ever have excess money because of debt but that doesn't stop them from being happy.

I really hope so. I'm just not well right now. It's been a rough night.

Hey PA (I'll call you that so I don't have to write out the rest, I'm lazy that way), how's it hanging going?

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
18-02-2013, 08:58 PM
(17-02-2013 06:53 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(16-02-2013 10:13 PM)PsychoAmer. Wrote:  I really hope so. I'm just not well right now. It's been a rough night.

Hey PA (I'll call you that so I don't have to write out the rest, I'm lazy that way), how's it hanging going?

Hey sorry. Didn't see this till now. It's going alright I guess. Really involved in my music right now and just looking forward to finishing my demo.