What to do now?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2013, 06:58 PM
What to do now?
I'm 16 and miserable right now. I live with a bunch of Christian radical wackos. I can't wait 3 more years now. I'm supposed to be getting baptized by now. I'm sick of faking everything. I can't live with these archaic, sexist, homophobic, self-righteous bastards. Everything in my life is forced to be about God. Fairy tales. And what do I get if I wait it out? Go to college unsupported financially even when my family is rich just so I can drown myself in student loans. What's the point? I can't fucking do this anymore. I can't. I should just off myself. What do I do. Life fucks.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2013, 07:10 PM
RE: What to do now?
(16-02-2013 06:58 PM)PsychoAmer. Wrote:  I'm 16 and miserable right now. I live with a bunch of Christian radical wackos. I can't wait 3 more years now. I'm supposed to be getting baptized by now. I'm sick of faking everything. I can't live with these archaic, sexist, homophobic, self-righteous bastards. Everything in my life is forced to be about God. Fairy tales. And what do I get if I wait it out? Go to college unsupported financially even when my family is rich just so I can drown myself in student loans. What's the point? I can't fucking do this anymore. I can't. I should just off myself. What do I do. Life fucks.
Take some deep breaths. Let's talk this out and see if there are solutions you haven't thought of yet OK?

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
16-02-2013, 07:19 PM
(16-02-2013 07:10 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(16-02-2013 06:58 PM)PsychoAmer. Wrote:  I'm 16 and miserable right now. I live with a bunch of Christian radical wackos. I can't wait 3 more years now. I'm supposed to be getting baptized by now. I'm sick of faking everything. I can't live with these archaic, sexist, homophobic, self-righteous bastards. Everything in my life is forced to be about God. Fairy tales. And what do I get if I wait it out? Go to college unsupported financially even when my family is rich just so I can drown myself in student loans. What's the point? I can't fucking do this anymore. I can't. I should just off myself. What do I do. Life fucks.
Take some deep breaths. Let's talk this out and see if there are solutions you haven't thought of yet OK?

I'm all ears, but I'm on the verge.
16-02-2013, 07:27 PM
(16-02-2013 07:19 PM)PsychoAmer. Wrote:  
(16-02-2013 07:10 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Take some deep breaths. Let's talk this out and see if there are solutions you haven't thought of yet OK?

I'm all ears, but I'm on the verge.

So your parents are very religious and are making you do what besides getting babtized? Go to church? Pray? Describe your situation a bit more and what exactly has taken you to the verge.

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
16-02-2013, 07:35 PM
(16-02-2013 07:27 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(16-02-2013 07:19 PM)PsychoAmer. Wrote:  I'm all ears, but I'm on the verge.

So your parents are very religious and are making you do what besides getting babtized? Go to church? Pray? Describe your situation a bit more and what exactly has taken you to the verge.

All of the above, yes, but every part of my life is forced to be about God. Every little action. Ibam practically forced to portray myself as a homophobic, sexist, racist, Christian douche bag or tgey accuse me if being a "sinful liberal". Every part of my life. My favourite thing to study is astrophysics, yet am supposed to pretend I believe the Earth is a few thousand years old. And all for what? So one day I'll be all alone in deep debt so I can go die one day?
16-02-2013, 07:40 PM
(16-02-2013 07:35 PM)PsychoAmer. Wrote:  
(16-02-2013 07:27 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  So your parents are very religious and are making you do what besides getting babtized? Go to church? Pray? Describe your situation a bit more and what exactly has taken you to the verge.

All of the above, yes, but every part of my life is forced to be about God. Every little action. Ibam practically forced to portray myself as a homophobic, sexist, racist, Christian douche bag or tgey accuse me if being a "sinful liberal". Every part of my life. My favourite thing to study is astrophysics, yet am supposed to pretend I believe the Earth is a few thousand years old. And all for what? So one day I'll be all alone in deep debt so I can go die one day?

Have you talked about this situation to anyone else in your immediate family? Grandparents, uncles, aunts?

16-02-2013, 07:44 PM
(16-02-2013 07:40 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(16-02-2013 07:35 PM)PsychoAmer. Wrote:  All of the above, yes, but every part of my life is forced to be about God. Every little action. Ibam practically forced to portray myself as a homophobic, sexist, racist, Christian douche bag or tgey accuse me if being a "sinful liberal". Every part of my life. My favourite thing to study is astrophysics, yet am supposed to pretend I believe the Earth is a few thousand years old. And all for what? So one day I'll be all alone in deep debt so I can go die one day?

Have you talked about this situation to anyone else in your immediate family? Grandparents, uncles, aunts?

I come from a long line of wackos. They're one in the same.
16-02-2013, 07:47 PM
As a Christain I would personally like to offer my apologies for the way you've been treated. It's unexcusable. Unfortunately, crappy people exist in all walks of life.

Friend, I've been where you are... and I'm a living testament that it gets better. Nothing is ever that bad. There is much life left... so many things to enjoy... a spouse... maybe kids... awesome video games... theme parks... great movies. Life is awesome. It may not seem like it right now, but it is.

I don't know you, but from one human to another, there is a lot of love left in this world that is just waiting on you.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
16-02-2013, 07:50 PM
(16-02-2013 07:44 PM)PsychoAmer. Wrote:  
(16-02-2013 07:40 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Have you talked about this situation to anyone else in your immediate family? Grandparents, uncles, aunts?

I come from a long line of wackos. They're one in the same.

Sounds like you have a sense of humor in all of this, that's good. Sometimes the best you can do is shake your head, sigh, and carry on.

I have no easy solutions for you. What I can tell you is that no matter how bad things seem there is always a solution. Maybe not a perfect one but certainly better than ending it all. You are just getting your feet under you, in a few years you'll be 18. Yes I know that seems like an eternity but its not.

There are some people here who will soon join this conversation that have much experience in dealing with this kind of situation. Let's see what they think OK?

16-02-2013, 07:54 PM
(16-02-2013 07:47 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  As a Christain I would personally like to offer my apologies for the way you've been treated. It's unexcusable. Unfortunately, crappy people exist in all walks of life.

Friend, I've been where you are... and I'm a living testament that it gets better. Nothing is ever that bad. There is much life left... so many things to enjoy... a spouse... maybe kids... awesome video games... theme parks... great movies. Life is awesome. It may not seem like it right now, but it is.

I don't know you, but from one human to another, there is a lot of love left in this world that is just waiting on you.

Thanks for your encouragement. I just don't if or should I keep going. What's the point anymore?