What to do now?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2013, 07:55 PM
RE: What to do now?
(16-02-2013 07:50 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(16-02-2013 07:44 PM)PsychoAmer. Wrote:  I come from a long line of wackos. They're one in the same.

Sounds like you have a sense of humor in all of this, that's good. Sometimes the best you can do is shake your head, sigh, and carry on.

I have no easy solutions for you. What I can tell you is that no matter how bad things seem there is always a solution. Maybe not a perfect one but certainly better than ending it all. You are just getting your feet under you, in a few years you'll be 18. Yes I know that seems like an eternity but its not.

There are some people here who will soon join this conversation that have much experience in dealing with this kind of situation. Let's see what they think OK?

Life is but just a joke to me. I'm not one of those sad depressed people. If I ever killed myself it would be while I was cracking up.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2013, 07:55 PM
(16-02-2013 07:35 PM)PsychoAmer. Wrote:  
(16-02-2013 07:27 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  So your parents are very religious and are making you do what besides getting babtized? Go to church? Pray? Describe your situation a bit more and what exactly has taken you to the verge.

All of the above, yes, but every part of my life is forced to be about God. Every little action. Ibam practically forced to portray myself as a homophobic, sexist, racist, Christian douche bag or tgey accuse me if being a "sinful liberal". Every part of my life. My favourite thing to study is astrophysics, yet am supposed to pretend I believe the Earth is a few thousand years old. And all for what? So one day I'll be all alone in deep debt so I can go die one day?

Is this your immediate family? Brothers and sisters? Do you have extended family?

How long have your parents been like this?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-02-2013, 07:58 PM
(16-02-2013 07:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-02-2013 07:35 PM)PsychoAmer. Wrote:  All of the above, yes, but every part of my life is forced to be about God. Every little action. Ibam practically forced to portray myself as a homophobic, sexist, racist, Christian douche bag or tgey accuse me if being a "sinful liberal". Every part of my life. My favourite thing to study is astrophysics, yet am supposed to pretend I believe the Earth is a few thousand years old. And all for what? So one day I'll be all alone in deep debt so I can go die one day?

Is this your immediate family? Brothers and sisters? Do you have extended family?

All of family besides two cousins. My parents have been like this always. After my dad killed himself when I was 3 my mom married a bigger radical than herself.
16-02-2013, 08:01 PM
Everything is the point Smile

Steak
Sex
Video games
Movies
Roller coasters
Laughing
Seeing us land on Mars
Peanut butter

Life is full of fun, strife, love, heartache, and joy. This is what makes humanity so special. We are so unique as a species, and we should take advantage of life and what it offers.

No emotion lasts forever. I assure you this will pass.
(16-02-2013 07:54 PM)PsychoAmer. Wrote:  
(16-02-2013 07:47 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  As a Christain I would personally like to offer my apologies for the way you've been treated. It's unexcusable. Unfortunately, crappy people exist in all walks of life.

Friend, I've been where you are... and I'm a living testament that it gets better. Nothing is ever that bad. There is much life left... so many things to enjoy... a spouse... maybe kids... awesome video games... theme parks... great movies. Life is awesome. It may not seem like it right now, but it is.

I don't know you, but from one human to another, there is a lot of love left in this world that is just waiting on you.

Thanks for your encouragement. I just don't if or should I keep going. What's the point anymore?

[Image: vjp09.gif]
16-02-2013, 08:02 PM
(16-02-2013 07:55 PM)PsychoAmer. Wrote:  
(16-02-2013 07:50 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Sounds like you have a sense of humor in all of this, that's good. Sometimes the best you can do is shake your head, sigh, and carry on.

I have no easy solutions for you. What I can tell you is that no matter how bad things seem there is always a solution. Maybe not a perfect one but certainly better than ending it all. You are just getting your feet under you, in a few years you'll be 18. Yes I know that seems like an eternity but its not.

There are some people here who will soon join this conversation that have much experience in dealing with this kind of situation. Let's see what they think OK?

Life is but just a joke to me. I'm not one of those sad depressed people. If I ever killed myself it would be while I was cracking up.

It's good to know you are not depressed, more like frustrated? I know the feeling, went through it myself. While it wasn't easy and sometimes I just wanted to run screaming from my house in the end I knew my parents loved me, we just thought differently, still do to be honest. And yet we still talk (not about religion) but about everything else. The "emergency" passed. Yours will to.

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
16-02-2013, 08:05 PM
Hi PsychoAmer,

In order to give you half decent advice could you give me/us more information? ie more about your circumstances, what friends you have etc... It's a little hard with what you've given.

There can be many things you can do to change the situation you're in. I'm sure one of us can help in some way.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
16-02-2013, 08:06 PM
(16-02-2013 07:54 PM)PsychoAmer. Wrote:  
(16-02-2013 07:47 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  As a Christain I would personally like to offer my apologies for the way you've been treated. It's unexcusable. Unfortunately, crappy people exist in all walks of life.

Friend, I've been where you are... and I'm a living testament that it gets better. Nothing is ever that bad. There is much life left... so many things to enjoy... a spouse... maybe kids... awesome video games... theme parks... great movies. Life is awesome. It may not seem like it right now, but it is.

I don't know you, but from one human to another, there is a lot of love left in this world that is just waiting on you.

Thanks for your encouragement. I just don't if or should I keep going. What's the point anymore?
The point is to live. You have many years of freedom after you leave their house, years to live, love life, truth, knowledge, and love. I can't really know what your life is like now, but I can assure you that you can get through it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-02-2013, 08:07 PM
(16-02-2013 08:05 PM)aurora Wrote:  Hi PsychoAmer,

In order to give you half decent advice could you give me/us more information? ie more about your circumstances, what friends you have etc... It's a little hard with what you've given.

There can be many things you can do to change the situation you're in. I'm sure one of us can help in some way.

I gave some more info in the rest of the thread that may be of help.
16-02-2013, 08:09 PM
(16-02-2013 07:58 PM)PsychoAmer. Wrote:  
(16-02-2013 07:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  Is this your immediate family? Brothers and sisters? Do you have extended family?

All of family besides two cousins. My parents have been like this always. After my dad killed himself when I was 3 my mom married a bigger radical than herself.

These cousins, are they older? Have you talked to them about how you feel?

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
16-02-2013, 08:11 PM
(16-02-2013 08:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-02-2013 07:54 PM)PsychoAmer. Wrote:  Thanks for your encouragement. I just don't if or should I keep going. What's the point anymore?
The point is to live. You have many years of freedom after you leave their house, years to live, love life, truth, knowledge, and love. I can't really know what your life is like now, but I can assure you that you can get through it.

Oh that's another thing; love. The only girl I will ever be able to love is gone. Off to college far away. I don't even find other girls attractive anymore. I mean I really loved this girl.