What to do when you step on a landmine?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2015, 06:48 PM
RE: What to do when you step on a landmine?
My father was a university educated man with a degree in Theology. He became a minister in the United Church of Canada. Our home was devoid of religious talk. He had his job and he left it at work, as so many others do. We were raised to question, not just follow along because someone said so. All 5 of his offspring are now agnostic or atheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2015, 07:32 AM
My greatest issue with Christianity is the displaying of a picture of a man nailed to a cross in obvious agony, for children to see. And it's promoted that this man died for our sins. Children have no concept of death and it's finality. We protect our children from seeing movies we consider age inappropriate with horrific acts, yet Christians have no problem displaying this man every Easter. Child and Family Services should be talking with these people as this is child abuse.
11-09-2015, 01:57 PM
What to do when you step on a landmine?
Went through this with my parents. My best advice is always be calm and chill, and constantly defuse the situation/tension. The second you raise your tone, you've brought in emotion where it doesn't belong. (I've done this a few times with my parents. It always ends poorly). Be nice and kind and stick to logic, not emotion. Remember "Idk" is not a sign of weakness. It's an honest and admirable thing to say. Good luck buddy

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
12-09-2015, 09:17 AM
Thanks so much for the encouragement and thoughts much appreciated.

Perhaps there's even some wisdom in the remark "Stay still. Don't shift your weight. Don't move." - clever btw Smile. I was a Christian we can find very interesting meanings in text Smile.

Yes Primates is more accurate than apes; I got to work on that.

For the moment the issue has quieted but not resolved. I can learn to be more tactful (perhaps the Socratic approach I need to study) but I don't think I'm willing to be silent where science is fairly certain at least in so far as it is fair for me to teach that view while still being respectful to my wife's right to her view. I don't think my wife sees it that way but one can hope.

Jay