Poll: What should I do with my 2' stack of bibles?
Add to the recycle bin
Use as fireplace fuel
Drop at front door of a church
Leave in misc. public places?
Donate em to the Library
Leave at the police dept.
Donate to the church that got my tithes
Try selling on E Bay?
[Show Results]

What to do with a 2' stack of bibles?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2017, 04:16 PM
RE: What to do with a 2' stack of bibles?
(11-03-2017 03:12 PM)kim Wrote:  Crafts!
Try some papier-mâché! It doesn't have to be elaborate...
[Image: 2-Paper%2BMache%2BBowls.jpg]
I like these simple bowls - I think I'd use them for change and catchalls on side tables. They could be painted but, I like the lettering to show. Shy

Check out this guy's papier-mâché project ...
[Image: paper%20elephant_zpsgnnuwa3q.jpg]

Consider You might need a few more bible for this project.

Pretty sweet, huh? Wink

Sweet!
This gets exciting around 2:31
https://youtu.be/2vlFkRngRQY

You have to be odd to be #1.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BackSlider's post
11-03-2017, 04:29 PM
(11-03-2017 04:03 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  
(11-03-2017 02:29 PM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  I know this is going to sound strange coming from an Atheist but why not just donate them to a local church that might be in need of resources. I'm for helping out others no matter if they share my belief (nonbelief as it may be) or not.

I get where you are coming from RVM. Like I'm not on any crusade to un-save anyone. Some people need something greater than themselves to cope with the rain of chit a chitty life can bring on. If that's Jesus keeping him from shooting up the train station, fine by me. I'm not going outa my way to push my 'wisdom" (LOL) on anyone, as I would prefer to be treated the same- thank you.

If one of these books brings some lost hurting person whatever it is that's get them through to tomorrow, I personally don't care. Hence why I initially tried to sell the damn things.
Perhaps $4.5 is too much for these +- $20 books new, if I recall correctly, not adding for inflation and all that.
Sad
Resale on most books is crap. Give them to a local library. If they don't need to shelve them, many libraries sell books to make a little money...yard sale prices. Or they may know of a church or a elder care facility where they would be appreciated.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
11-03-2017, 04:43 PM
I'd give it to the library. They could always use new donations.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
11-03-2017, 04:43 PM
Maybe you could show us your manly strength Flex by ripping bibles in half. It might require removing front and back covers first. Practice on telephone books first....if you can find any. (I think they've gone the way of the buggy whip)

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
11-03-2017, 04:48 PM
(11-03-2017 04:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Resale on most books is crap. Give them to a local library. If they don't need to shelve them, many libraries sell books to make a little money...yard sale prices. Or they may know of a church or a elder care facility where they would be appreciated.

Another good suggestion that I didn't think of. Nursing homes etc... would be a good place also. I would imagine (and I'm generalizing here) that a lot of the more elderly people that are in care facilities would be some form of believer. If it gives them comfort then I'm all for it.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 3 users Like RearViewMirror's post
12-03-2017, 01:49 AM
Donating them to library is a good option I think. Or just burn them, nothing of value will be lost.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
12-03-2017, 01:58 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 10:04 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Rolling paper?

Seriously, grab some ganja and have yourself a good time.

[Image: Bible%20Joint.jpg]

The image above is the 5th image from the top left that comes up in Google Image Search with 'bible rolling paper', when you click on the image to see the page it comes from, it's links to a TTA forum post I made in 2015 advocating the very same thing using the very same image. Tongue

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...oms?page=4

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-03-2017, 06:33 AM
(12-03-2017 01:58 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Rolling paper?

Seriously, grab some ganja and have yourself a good time.

[Image: Bible%20Joint.jpg]

The image above is the 5th image from the top left that comes up in Google Image Search with 'bible rolling paper', when you click on image to see the page it comes from, it's links to a TTA forum post I made in 2015 advocating the very same thing using the very same image. Tongue

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...oms?page=4

EK, that's like prophetic and chit then right? Bowing

You have to be odd to be #1.
[+] 1 user Likes BackSlider's post
12-03-2017, 06:38 AM
Glue and them together, cut a hole through the middle and use them as a camping toilet....

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-03-2017, 06:40 AM
(11-03-2017 04:43 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Maybe you could show us your manly strength Flex by ripping bibles in half. It might require removing front and back covers first. Practice on telephone books first....if you can find any. (I think they've gone the way of the buggy whip)

Did you actually watch that all the way through? Not only does it not show you the trick to actually ripping the phone book in half (creating gaps in the pages by scrunching the middle together, so you are ripping 1 page 500 times instead of 500 pages all at once), but it ends with a quote from the Gospel of John. Gasp

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]