What to do with our military?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2012, 12:20 AM
I have often pondered about what to do with our vast military if the idiotic govt ever figured out that they need to cut its current defense budget to about 20% of its current level. Then it occurred to me, why not just give it to the UN?

If someone is going to police the world, shouldn't it be the world doing it?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2012, 12:34 AM
RE: What to do with our military?
America already funds the UN, and their is no such thing as a 'UN soldier', and there shouldn't be for many reasons, but from a practical standpoint it would be a logistic nightmare. Anyway your better off funding American troops that will spend there money in America. There's the short answer.

04-11-2012, 01:02 AM
meh, they'll always be war I'm sure your government can find them some place just as equally shitty as the middle east/afghan to hang around in.

Dumping them on the UN wouldn't fly, other UN countries arn't going to want to pay for all these troops suddenly dumped on them.
aka, I'm not paying for your countries stuff ups.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
04-11-2012, 01:03 AM
If they're cute, send them to Erxy's house. Tongue

Otherwise, it is a system intended to protect us.
In fact, it's actually weakening us, due to is bloated size, and cost.
There is no reason we need troops all over the world. So what to do with them ? Change the laws, and make em productive, as some sort of transitional period, of re-training and job preparation is put in place and done. It's bigger than all the rest of the world's military, combined.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

04-11-2012, 01:07 AM
(04-11-2012 12:34 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  America already funds the UN, and their is no such thing as a 'UN soldier', and there shouldn't be for many reasons, but from a practical standpoint it would be a logistic nightmare. Anyway your better off funding American troops that will spend there money in America. There's the short answer.
Whats wrong with a UN soldier?

I bet there are plenty of UN security, which is kind of the same thing.
04-11-2012, 01:12 AM
Quote: It's bigger than all the rest of the world's military, combined.

Bullshit.

04-11-2012, 01:33 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2012 01:53 AM by Diablo666.)
(04-11-2012 01:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote: It's bigger than all the rest of the world's military, combined.

Bullshit.
708 billion dollars in 2012
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_bu...ted_States

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=defense+spending
That is kind of old, but the rest of the world is about 721 Billion
(I doubt that it has increased much though, as most countries have leaders smart enough to know not to double down on defense spending in a recession....)

So in actuality we are damn near spending the same as the rest of the world now.
Now as far as military strength, that would be a bit harder to determine.
04-11-2012, 01:41 AM
(04-11-2012 01:33 AM)Diablo666 Wrote:  
(04-11-2012 01:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Bullshit.
708 billion dollars in 2012
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_bu...ted_States

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=defense+spending
That is kind of old, but the rest of the world is about 721 Billion, but it probably hasn't increased much.
Most countries have leaders smart enough to know not to don't double down on defense spending in a recession....

So in actuality we are damn near spending the same as the rest of the world now.
Now as far as military strength, that would be a bit harder to determine.
Well fuck me sideways.
I guess all that can be said is, sucks to be you guys.

04-11-2012, 05:02 PM
(04-11-2012 01:07 AM)Diablo666 Wrote:  
(04-11-2012 12:34 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  America already funds the UN, and their is no such thing as a 'UN soldier', and there shouldn't be for many reasons, but from a practical standpoint it would be a logistic nightmare. Anyway your better off funding American troops that will spend there money in America. There's the short answer.
Whats wrong with a UN soldier?

I bet there are plenty of UN security, which is kind of the same thing.
No its really not. The UN gets its authority from. . . .oh wait, they dont have any.
[+] 2 users Like TheBlackKnight's post
04-11-2012, 05:47 PM
(04-11-2012 01:02 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  meh, they'll always be war I'm sure your government can find them some place just as equally shitty as the middle east/afghan to hang around in.

Dumping them on the UN wouldn't fly, other UN countries arn't going to want to pay for all these troops suddenly dumped on them.
aka, I'm not paying for your countries stuff ups.
You already are. I worked with some plump kiwis in the sandbox. Granted they didn't do shit except produce shit and make my job unnecessarily more difficult, but you can bet your sweet ass you helped pay for them muffs.