What to do with our military?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2012, 09:22 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2012 09:27 AM by Diablo666.)
RE: What to do with our military?
(09-11-2012 02:25 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(08-11-2012 09:59 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  How is it dedication when you are practically forced to do it? Is the prisoner dedicated? No...

You sacrifice only time. I sacrifice that at work too. So how are they different again?

Did you not get to see your mommy for awhile? QQ! Lots of people move away from home, and don't get to see their mommy for months on end as well.

Their job is to exercise, and mine is to be productive.
One of these things seems worthwhile, and the other not so much...but I can't put my finger on it.
Hmm...well I volenteered, and since we haven't had a draft since Vietnam, I'd say everyone else in the American military did as well. How's that?

Yeah, I left my family. I left my wife. Men left pregnant women. Some never returned. People gave limbs, and some gave their life. Many gave their mental well-being. All gave up their safety, to go to a place that is absolute shit, going without proper meals, without proper beds, without proper toilets, without a home, without hearing the voice of the spouses and children. How many jobs require any of that? How many require you to sleep on a frozen concrete pad in the open wearing a bullet proof vest and with your arms wrapped around a rifle so an enemy will not kill you and your comrades with it? You think we all went over there for vacation? Nightmares keep me awake still, and I had it easy compared to what most had to endure. If you don't know what your talking about it's better to keep you mouth shut. You just look like a damn fool. I left with more men than I came back with, and even more survived by mere chance. You don't know what it means to be a man. I served with 17 year old men that has endured hardships which you can't even imagine. You're god damn right they sacrificed...
Just because you volunteer for something doesn't make you dedicated either.

Yah so did the fisherman.... QQ not every job is completely safe.

Currently, many branches of the military are far safer than many other jobs you could get.

Your pussified exaggerated stories make me laugh btw.
I had to sleep outside, there was a scary gun, and no toilet, and and and it was just horrible...so you went camping? rofl!!!

People in those shithole countries we attack endure more in a day, then most our servicemen and women do in their entire tours.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2012, 01:12 PM
(11-11-2012 09:22 AM)Diablo666 Wrote:  
(09-11-2012 02:25 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Hmm...well I volenteered, and since we haven't had a draft since Vietnam, I'd say everyone else in the American military did as well. How's that?

Yeah, I left my family. I left my wife. Men left pregnant women. Some never returned. People gave limbs, and some gave their life. Many gave their mental well-being. All gave up their safety, to go to a place that is absolute shit, going without proper meals, without proper beds, without proper toilets, without a home, without hearing the voice of the spouses and children. How many jobs require any of that? How many require you to sleep on a frozen concrete pad in the open wearing a bullet proof vest and with your arms wrapped around a rifle so an enemy will not kill you and your comrades with it? You think we all went over there for vacation? Nightmares keep me awake still, and I had it easy compared to what most had to endure. If you don't know what your talking about it's better to keep you mouth shut. You just look like a damn fool. I left with more men than I came back with, and even more survived by mere chance. You don't know what it means to be a man. I served with 17 year old men that has endured hardships which you can't even imagine. You're god damn right they sacrificed...
Just because you volunteer for something doesn't make you dedicated either.

Currently, many branches of the military are far safer than many other jobs you could get.

I had to sleep outside, there was a scary gun, and no toilet, and and and it was just horrible...so you went camping? rofl!!!

People in those shithole countries we attack endure more in a day, then most our servicemen and women do in their entire tours.
When deny they sacrifice based on certain criteria, then I tell you they met YOUR criteria, then your criteria isn't good enough either....moving goal-post fallacy. Then you go one to say that some branches of the military have it safe while others don't. Okay, then specify, and on what knowledge is this based? Which one's meet your criteria of sacrifice? Then you go on to compare the deployments of our men to a camping trip...then tell me it is exaggerated and tough for the local residents. Make up your mind, which is it?

You disregarded half the points I made. Just say outright, what would it take? What criteria would it take in your mind for it to be a sacrifice?

11-11-2012, 03:26 PM
We have to keep military and defense spending that high and convince people that we are in serious trouble if we don't!

That way, along with tax cuts, deregulation and ignoring problems, we can successfully build a large debt, deficit and interest, to flood out the rest of the budget and live in the anarchic, libertarian, plutocratic society we always wanted.

Starve the Beast!!!

The military and defense spending can be used easily, along with lowering taxes, to blow up the debt/deficit: It is the last program people will blame, but the first one you can encourage people to be in favor of the expanding.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
11-11-2012, 03:28 PM
(04-11-2012 06:04 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Cut the defense budget at least in half.

I'm a member of the Army Acquisition Corps. I think we could easily cut 50% of the private sector Military Industrial Complex without suffering any loss in readiness. Unfortunately, the private sector Military Industrial Complex has effectively become entrenched as a continual ongoing economic stimulus package. We need to fix the acquisition process which is both corrupt and wasteful, but don't think now's the time to do it.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
11-11-2012, 07:57 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2012 08:01 PM by Diablo666.)
(11-11-2012 01:12 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(11-11-2012 09:22 AM)Diablo666 Wrote:  Just because you volunteer for something doesn't make you dedicated either.

When deny they sacrifice based on certain criteria, then I tell you they met YOUR criteria, then your criteria isn't good enough either....moving goal-post fallacy. Then you go one to say that some branches of the military have it safe while others don't. Okay, then specify, and on what knowledge is this based? Which one's meet your criteria of sacrifice? Then you go on to compare the deployments of our men to a camping trip...then tell me it is exaggerated and tough for the local residents. Make up your mind, which is it?

You disregarded half the points I made. Just say outright, what would it take? What criteria would it take in your mind for it to be a sacrifice?
I never established any criteria. You must have been so brainwashed by the military, you just recalled that list on your own.

So idk how you are getting some fallacy out of that....

Its just all hyped up BS. If a soldier dies its big news. If Joe the fisherman dies, then it might be in the local paper.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Armed_Forces
Active personnel
(This is current too, and not including those who have finished their tours)

Navy
(This is current too, and not including those who have finished their tours)

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/worl...htm#afghan

116 deaths

We are talking about 2 hundredths of a percent here...
There would probably have been more deaths related to car accidents and falling out of dorm windows drunk then there were in the Navy.

Just so you don't think I am picking on the navy.
Air force at 88
Coast guard 0 (Obviously)

In other words, if you join the navy, air force, or coast guard you are safe as can be. There is nothing of threat to those branches of the military. Only ground forces, army + marines + navy seals etc.. , really go in harms way, and even then its nothing too outrageous.
11-11-2012, 08:25 PM
Re: What to do with our military?
This thread isnt even useful. The OP clearly just hates the military, dosent understand what he's talking about, and discounts any attempt at other offering him prospective to the point of shit talking a vet who's sharing his experience. Going camping? Really? Have you camped out in afghanistan?
11-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Re: RE: What to do with our military?
(11-11-2012 07:57 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  even then its nothing too outrageous.

See, now I realize the op is just trolling. This is something a 12yo COD junkie would say bc they dont know any better.
11-11-2012, 08:30 PM
(11-11-2012 08:28 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  
(11-11-2012 07:57 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  even then its nothing too outrageous.

See, now I realize the op is just trolling. This is something a 12yo COD junkie would say bc they dont know any better.
Ok, who let the nuts from the Vietnam vet mental hospital loose again?

I have facts and statistics, you have flashbacks?
12-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Re: RE: What to do with our military?
(11-11-2012 08:30 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  
(11-11-2012 08:28 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  See, now I realize the op is just trolling. This is something a 12yo COD junkie would say bc they dont know any better.
Ok, who let the nuts from the Vietnam vet mental hospital loose again?

I have facts and statistics, you have flashbacks?

Come on dude, "flashbacks"? You can't troll and use tired and obvious sterotypes, people won't take the bait.

Tell me about how your "facts" of thinking military personnel have flashbacks, work out all day, and actually just go camping in a warzone that"isnt that bad" for the grunts fighting.

Wait, are you a recruiter?Undecided

I fully expect you to say some thing like "how is shooting guns all day a job?" Next
[+] 1 user Likes TheBlackKnight's post
13-11-2012, 07:21 AM
Huge list of facts above you actually. So how am I trolling? Seems like I have a solid case, which is why no one is disputing it anymore

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  America and military criticism BrokenQuill92 0 141 16-01-2014 07:30 PM
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  The new pope, the CIA and the military junta. I and I 4 355 17-03-2013 11:53 AM
Last Post: I and I
  U.S. military and it's past interventions. I and I 48 1,698 10-12-2012 06:39 PM
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  "Hero" Woship (Opinions of the military servicemen) Dark Light 94 3,364 10-10-2012 09:56 PM
Last Post: Dark Light
  A petition to end military discrimination against the non-religious Phaedrus 12 1,029 21-09-2012 12:26 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan
  The American military as a system of goverment Buddy Christ 31 1,057 28-08-2012 11:23 AM
Last Post: tnt4philly
  Military TheKetola 5 404 06-07-2012 01:26 AM
Last Post: MikeChase27